University of Maryland-Baltimore County

« See more reviews of University of Maryland-Baltimore County

Hypnosis is awesome. always have a decent block party. Quadmania always brings a well known musical artist to the school. LOTS of guest speakers and presentations and lots to do. lots of plays and all going on. On a tuesday well i sleep because im cranky otherwise! in dorms doors are open a lot! closet friends are room mates suite mates hall mates dorm mates class mates and peopel i know through them! people party more than people thing for UMBC. last weekend I had part of an inteview for a job, caught up on some sleep, and went into baltimore to B-Body Worlds. Saturday nights see a movie, SEB (students event board) almost ALWAYS has something going on. throw your own non drinking party (so much fun!)

There are all sorts of social groups at UMBC. If you want strict academics with no socialization, you can find it here. If you want to party every night of the week, you can do that too. There are a lot of worlds in this campus, and if you can't find one to fit you then you can build one. There are a lot of people who crave excitement and socialization but who simply don't know where to find it here.

Who would have guessed that UMBC would have such a great year. As always we are undefeated in football (since there is no team) but we were honestly, champs in both lacrosse and basketball. The Commons is nice. There is always something going on between Quadmania, art shows, speaker series and guest lecturers, Flat Tuesdays for drinks, pool and gaming tournaments...

Frats and sorrorities do exist, but as they dont have campus housing, you can pretty much avoid them if you want to. I met my closest friends through the musical groups i am involved in. If you play a musical instrument deffinetly join pep band, we are soooo much fun and every one is extremely friendly, we love new people!!

Most of the older dorms (Chesapeake, Susquehanna, Potomac, Patapsco) are pretty social & people on the hall tend to know each other & keep doors open. If you want to study you'd be better off in Harbor or Erickson, where doors are kept more closed and you probably won't know your hall mates.

SEB is very very popular. They plan all sorts of events for the school. If youre looking for a party you can find one. You have to go out of your way to look for them sometimes but there is always something to do on campus.

Sports and Greek life are the most popular extra-curricular activities on campus. I'm in Phi Mu and it rocks.

The UMBC Jazz Big Band performs "Killer Jo…

http://my.umbc.edu/discussions/14692