University of Maryland-Baltimore County Top Questions

Kritika

I have made amazing friends due to one of the scholarship programs that is a huge part of the school (the Meyerhoff Scholars program). Because of it, I have learned a lot.

UMBC has a fantastic staff. Everyone you see, whether it be a professor, counselor, or food service worker, is friendly and welcoming. The professors strive to do as much as they can to see you succeed and they make the course about you and how you can successfully pass. They are a fantastic group of people to work with.

Evaikhomo

High Standards

Oladimeji

i brag about my school's competitiveness and good record to my friends

I brag about my ability to be both an art major and a math major, which are both subjects I enjoyed throughout high school. I also brag about my 4.0 GPA in my math degree, as math is one of the hardest degrees at my school.

chinasa

I mostly brag about the fact that the school is an honors university and that they are one the highest up and coming universities in the nation.

Mitchel

I usually say that my school is number one for undergraduate degrees, over big ivy league schools.

Our biology department is top notch and pre med majors from University of Maryland Baltimore County have a higher acceptance rate at Hopkins Medical School than Johns Hopkins University applicants.

CHISOM

The most that I brag about my school is that the teachers are always willing to help you achieve your goals. They also respect their students as they fully understand that the school is diverse.

I brag about how much our professors care about us, as well as the fact we were number one on the top up and coming national university according to US News and World Report. UMBC is awesome and the students are really smart.

kathryn

research and student government opportunities, nice people

Kalyani

-I know everyone

I brag most about the opportunities that I have to meet and get to know my professors during their office ours and during class time. I like how undergraduates get to participate in their professors on-going research. I also brag about how I actually see the president of UMBC walking around on campus and greeting the students.

Donna

This school is known for its research, it's on the list for the top five upcoming schools, and it has a good reputation in which many continue from this school to others such as Harvard and New York University to earn graduate degrees.

Go Retrievers!

Jane

Its great academic standing.

the short walks to class.

Martine

I don't brag about my school.

Kezia

The housing is really great in my opinion. The dorms are suite-styled and have a bathroom for every four people! So I enjoy the fact there is no communal showering. The floors being co-ed also allow for you to meet many different people. The campus is small, but it's just the right size. Everywhere you need to go is within good walking distance. Parking permits are free if you need a car, and freshman can park on campus as well!