University of Maryland-Baltimore County Top Questions

Camille

Someone who wants to be very involved in the community

This school is academically based. If you want to go to a party school where the social life is main concern, then do not attend UMBC. The calibre of students here is high. It is on par with the Princeton, Yale, and Harvard but for the public school price.

chloe

Because you would feel at home, people who are not friendly should not attend this school. Also, since the school is a very diverse school, you should be very open and if you are not, you should not attend this school. People who are not competitive should not attend this school because they push to strive for the best

Pragya

UMBC is a type of school that values education in every decision being made. Student that are not willing to learn something new and are not motivated to do well in school should not attend this school. Also students that do not have time management skills should reconsider their decision since many UMBC students are full time students as well as part time workers. I am a full time student as well as a part time worker and still able to manage my time for homework and other curricular activities.

Someone who wants to party like crazy every night or most week nights/weekends and someone who does not have a lot of motivation to be successful should not attend UMBC. Granted, college students do like to party, it is inevitable. UMBc, however, is not the type of school to go to if you want to party. You go to UMBC to be successful and become the best person you can be.

If you are looking for a big school, a school with a lot of on-campus activity, big sports teams, and great on-campus life, you'll probably want to look elsewhere. UMBC is mostly a commuter school, so campus is dead on the weekends. Although the school is D I, and the lacrosse and basketball teams are pretty good, there's not an overwhelming sense of school spirit like you'd see with a big University. Student groups are small and generally new, but there's a lot of opportunity to start your own.

I believe this college is a good choice for anyone who is interested in studying a course of study that this college offers. It is a quality institution with a culturally diverse student body. This college has been recognised as a top reseach college that is on the "rise", i would reccomend to anyone.

Sharon

The kind of person who should not attend UMBC is someone who does not take time in working hard to excel in everything, from classes to activities, and someone who does not meet the standard requirments of an honors university.

mary

Those who are not interested in college should not attened this school.

Ezekiel

Someone who doesnt like to be around people of different ethnic backrgounds or religious beliefs because this school is very diverse. Also, someone who is not willing to work hard and take repsonsibility for their actions if they dont because the professors here expect the best from thier students.

I always describe UMBC as the place where all the smartest students in the class go. To keep up with everyone you definitely have to be driven academically. This is not a school for wild a crazy experiences, parties and distractions. You will find people like you and build many relationships that will help you in the future.

Keri

I feel as though the attitude of many highschool students is that knowledge should simply be given to them. In highschool, education is free and fairly easy to succeed in. In other words, hard work is not necessary; it is merely a choice made by each student. It is a choice to attend UMBC, but when a student actually becomes a part of the university, if they want to succeed, there is only one choice: hardwork. A lazy person looking for fun rather than an education should not attend UMBC.

Aroush

The only type of perosn that should not attend the University of Maryland, Baltimore County are those who are not willing to work hard for what they want, otherwise this university is for everyone.

Mohammad

People who attend college just to have a good time and as a means of pleasing their parents should not attend this school because most of the kids are here to succeed.

Someone who isn't 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} dedicated to their work shouldn't attend UMBC. As part of the Honors College and their Living-Learning Community, I know that students in the Honors College, including myself, spend a large majority of their days in class and studying. No parties happen, and everyone is back in their room at a reasonable time of night. From what I've heard, that isn't what usually happens in most dorms; but these kids are the ones who will get the best grades and benefit the most from what college has to offer.

Ji

Thsi school is very open on race, religion and sexual orientation. A very diverse university.

Someone who is very dedicated to their school work and their future should attend this school. It is hard to keep up and the teachers, while they are very willing to help, expect you to keep up with the material. It is easy to get lost.

Anish

everyone who think who can acheive

A person which likes the big campus feel. Here you are able to walk to all of your classes even from where your dorm is.

Al

A person should not attned this school if they are not tolerant of diverse groups of people, ideas, languages, etc.

UMBC is the 2nd most diverse campus in the U.S., so everyone should attend.

Eden

Ardous and determined person who isopen-minded and has somewhat analytical mind. Someone who can work in a diverse environment and manage time well between school, work and school activities.

Student's that think they will be able to slide by without going to class and paying attention.

The people who expect everyone to arrive at their front door, instead of working for it.

A person that is not ready for the full-time devotion of being a student. It is a hard transitiion even from a community college. I actually found the transition from high school to community college easier then the transition from community to an University. This school is a commuter school but if you live far away it is much better to live closer by, I waste so much time commuting everyday Monday through Friday.

Kezia

A person who isn't open-minded shouldn?t attend UMBC. There is a diverse group of people at this school and it is open to all kinds of things. A person who is also looking for a big school should also not attend UMBC. It's not big and some people might not enjoy that. UMBC doesn't have a football team, and is division three. If a person is looking for a division one school, then they shouldn't attend UMBC, but we're still school spirited!