University of Maryland-College Park

« See more reviews of University of Maryland-College Park

Describe a day on campus you'll never forget.

This day was during the second week of my first semester of college. It was the end of the summer season and the temperature was perfect. After my classes ended for the day some friends and I walked over to the mall and sat under the shade of the trees. (The mall is an area in the center of campus; its a huge grassy area with a beautiful pond and is surrounded by historic classroom buildings.) We sat and talked for about an hour while we enjoyed our lunches. It was at this moment that I realized how free I was...I realized that I was actually a college student. I realized that I am finally the age that I have been wishing to be for my entire life. Since then I've learned to make the most of every day because my time here at UMD is not endless. This was an awesome day (:

I'll never forget my first day at Maryland. The experience of moving in and meeting people was so new and exciting. Shortly after getting settled in, I met a girl moving in next door to me. Right away, we could tell that we would be great friends. We had so much in common and so much to talk about. Over three years later, she has been my best friend throughout college who I can share anything with.