University of Maryland-College Park

« See more reviews of University of Maryland-College Park

I attended classes through the University of Maryland, finishing up on the main campus in College Park, Maryland which is a beautiful campus and the school itself is a top tier University that provides everything a college student needs or wants; great academics (most important to me), outstanding athletics, intermural activities, clubs, and the ability to learn and focus on what one wants to accomplish for their future in an environment that fosters critical thinking and open discussion.

Here you are a number, a figure, another face in a sea of endless faces. If you encounter a problem you will be politely pushed aside by those who have "better" more important things to do, other than their job, which is to help you. There is literally no financail support and the cost for this school is ridiculously high. Though there is massive school spirit due to the high value of sports on this campus I in no way feel proud to say I'm a Terp.

The University of Maryland is an academic, public research based school that helps students to look past what they know, use critical thinking and excel beyond their imaginable beliefs. This school is not like any regular public University. Our students know how to work hard and still have fun at the end of the day. Many students believe in community service, internships, and great careers in the work force.

College Park is a large school with a variety of majors that are suitable for anyone looking for a college education. The staff is courtious and helpful as are upper classman and graduate students. There are plenty of activities and clubs available around campus so that no one has to feel left out of enjoying an activity they wish to participate in.

UMD is what you make of it, depending on your major that dictates much of the amount of course work you will have, but everyone has the opportunity to have any type of college experience they want because the university is so diverse - you can make a big school smaller but you can never make a small school bigger.

The University of Maryland in College Park is a research-driven institution that embraces the vitality of education through first-hand learning and being able to provide the resources necessary for students to gain imperative knowledge on their own in order to be better prepared once they reach the work force.

The University of Maryland, College Park, is a large, top-ranking university that offers numerous and accredited programs, encourages students to participate in student-run orgranizations, community service activities and internships in Washington D.C and baltimore, and also develope long-lasting friends.

UMUC originally started for military folks has grown to include working adults. The programs offered make it easy for non traditional working adults like myself to attend. Additionally, the idea of not having to sit for graduate entrance exams was the most appealing reason for choosing UMUC.

The University of Maryland, College Park is my ideal school, being as though it has every component that the "real world" has including; hardwork, fun, distractions, diversity, and various obstacles that can either hinder or enhance your experiences and stay on campus and at the university.

Great school spirirt and amazing athletic atmosphere! The academics is rigourous but not too difficult to where I can't handle the work, the class discussions are usually very interesting topics. The student population is very diverse and has almost anything for every person on campus.