University of Maryland-College Park

« See more reviews of University of Maryland-College Park

University of Maryland is a school with everything. If you want to get involved, there are clubs, organizations, multi-ethnic groups, what seems like every type of religious service, volunteer groups, club athletics, non-major music programs, fraternities and sororities, student community centers and much more. If you need help with careers, there is a career center, academic advising, internship/job fairs, and research opportunities for both graduate and even undergraduates. If you go to the University of Maryland, you can explore any interest, travel down any avenue of opportunity of which you can think.

I brag about Maryland's dedicated teachers, who come to class enthusiastic and leave you feeling the same way about the material. I brag about the beautiful campus, encompassing renovated sport facilities, the best gym facility for a college nationally, a renown performing arts center, and many other hidden gems. I brag about the over-the-top, scream-your-heart out school spirit that electrifies every sports game played. Finally, I brag about the respected reputation you gain upon graduating, and the many doors in life that open beacuse of graduating from one of the nation's top universities.

As a student at the University of Maryland, I often find myself bragging about the amazing location of the school. UMD is a picturesque campus, with sprawling grassy malls, tall oak trees and large brick buildings. The campus has nearby streams and lakes that make for beautiful jogging trails or areas to relax. Yet despite the natural beauty of the campus, UMD is located just 10 minutes outside of Washington D.C., affording students amazing internship and job opportunities, as well as the opportunity to experience world class museums, restaurants and concerts. UMD is the best of both worlds.

I focus on the benefits that are gained from the size of the University of Maryland. While many individuals feel that the school is too large, due to its size the university is able to offer an immense variety of courses and extra curricular activities. Every student coming into the University has the opportunity to choose their course of study and find their niche outside of academics. While sometimes it may feel overwhelming, the University of Maryland gives its students the chance to receive effective and beficial education, and to really make the most of the time spent in college.

University of Maryland is amazing! One of the many things I love about my school is how diversed it is. There are alot of oppourtunities to meet many different people with different personalities, interests, talents and cultural backgrounds. The University of Maryland is not only diversed in the people that attend, but it's large size makes it possible for the vast number of clubs and organizations that any student can join. I garuntee that any student can find an organization to join that is of interest to them. There is a lot of school spirit, and other fun events.

I brag about the sense of community I feel at the University of Maryland and all of the amazing opportunities I have experienced. As a student in the Business, Society, and the Economy scholars program, I feel very well connected with my peers and professors. I get to be a part of a living and learning community that benefits my ability to build relationships and network. In addition, there are so many clubs and organizations I have a chance to be a part of. In my first semester alone I participated in club soccer, intramural volleyball, and Relay for Life.

Maryland does a great job of making a big school small. There are more than 20,000 full-time undergraduate students here, but the application of small communities and individualized programs really works to create a feeling of family. I am in the Honors Humanities program, one of several living-learning programs on campus. I made so many close friends through living-and learning- with students like me in this program, and I wouldn't trade that experience for the world. I highly reccomend getting involved, and finding a program and people that suit you.

The happy feeling I get walking around campus is the biggest aspect of school that I brag about the most. The university's large campus, consisting of a wide array of buildings, several fields and a mall, gets me so mesmorized by its beauty. The mall is a feature that I love the most because when I walk along its path, I enjoy seeing other students walk by or take part in different activities like simply lying on the grass during breaks or taking part in activites like frisbee or catch. The mall is a place where everyone feels united.

I brag about our school spirit. I tell my friends about the electric atmosphere of our basketball, football, and soccer games. I brag about being at the Comcast Center when we beat Duke, being part of the flash mob that went viral on the internet, what it was like to storm the court and meet Scott Van Pelt after the game, and how fun the celebration was. I don't just brag about our sports, though. I also love to brag about about the tradition of leaving Testudo food offerings and rubbing his nose for good luck during finals week.

When I tell my friends about my college I brag about the beautiful campus. It is so vast and green. I brag about my classes and my professors. They all are so passionate about both their subjects and about the students. I brag about my dorm hall. The floor I live on has become a family and everyone gets along great. My roommate and I have grown extremely close and I have met many new friends. I brag about everything from the basketball games to the cafeteria to the RAs. I love my college and I never regret going there.