University of Maryland-College Park

« See more reviews of University of Maryland-College Park

Any student with a burning passion for their major and a desire to contribute their studies and academic curiosities to the real world would find University of Maryland perfectly fulfilling. The university offers an impressive selection of majors and minors, and countless ways to further one?s academic experience outside the classroom. On-site research opportunities, prestigious internships in the nation?s capital, study abroad programs in intriguing countries, independent study options, and flexibility in adjusting coursework to match specific interests are just a few. Best of all, Maryland does a great job helping students find funding for these endeavors.

The type of student that should attend the University of Maryland is one seeking endless opportunity, amazing school spirit and challenging academics. It is the perfect place for someone who values personal growth as well as solid academics. College is the time for integral introspective learning ,which coincides with gaining knowledge in academia. Therefore a sizeable public university such as the University of Maryland is fitting for those seeking a catalogue of choices and who has drive to order the parts to the product they would like to obtain at the end of a four year degree.

This university is for students who are looking for all of the advantages of attending a large city school without living in the city. There is easy access to Washington D.C. while the campus itself is outside of the urban environment. The university is very research oriented and has state of the art facilities. Undergraduates are encouraged to take part in research, allowing for hands on learning experiences. Maryland is a large school, but the faculty are easily accessible and there are numerous on-campus resources that ensure the students are not overwhelmed by its size.

The type of student that should attend the University of Maryland, College Park is someone who is motivated, intelligent, and appreciateive of diversity. The University of Maryland strives for academic excellence by providing various top tier educational majors, exceptional proffesors, and reliable resources. Tutors and advising sessions help student stay motivated and choose the best educational path. The college also fosters cultural learning by embracing the different ethnic backrounds of students by allowing students to host clubs and promoting campus wide unity.

The University of Maryland has such a large, unique student body as well as hundreds of clubs on campus, that there is a niche for everyone. However, each student must be willing to take the risk to step outside of their comfort zone and become involved to meet other students. The ability to take on this risk is important because for some people this can be overwhelming. With large lecture halls, it is important that students take the effort to get to know their professors and also to take advantage of all the invaluable opportunities that Maryland provides its students.

People with sky-high goals and big dreams should attend the University of Maryland in College Park. UMD offers the resources and assistance any student would need in order to pursue the career that they have always wanted. Also, a person who enjoys a competitive atmosphere would find UMD to be their best fit. UMD's 9 Limited Enrollment Programs (LEP) are the toughest majors to pursue, and over half of the student body is in one or two of these programs. "Unstoppable Starts Here" was not coined without substance; every word of this UMD motto rings true for students.

The University of Maryland is a great school for students looking for a great community atmosphere with the benefits of a big campus as well. There are literally hundreds of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in depending on their interests. Watching sports games is a huge part of campus life. Students also engage in community service activites, hanging out around campus, and being involved in campus activities. Maryland is as big as you make it. You could walk around every day and meet someone new, but you'll always see someone you know as well.

Someone who is dedicated to higher education, and who is open-minded would thrive at this school. There is a diverse group of people, available majors and course offerings, and social activities and groups. This is a great place to learn, network, and evolve as a person. UMCP gave me the opportunity to explore different career options, since they have so many different programs, and I felt supported by my professors. I also had ample opportunities to get involved in research and in the operations of various departments on campus. What a phenomenal experience!

I person who is looking for stronge bouts of cultural diversity, room to grow socially and academically, acceptance for who they are, and opportunity will fit in at the University of Maryland. The campus community is large enough, both physically and spiritually, for everyone to find their niche. It is not an understatement to state that there is something for everyone. While it might sound cliche, it is the profound beauty of a school which has 26,000 undergraduate students. It is small for those who want something cozy and large for those who want open choice.

The type of person who should attend the University of Maryland-College Park is the type of person who wants a balance between academic and social life. Not only is Maryland a great school academically, but there are so many fun oppurtunities and activities around campus as well. If you are the type of student to become easily distracted by all the fun things going on like concerts, sporting events, etc. then you might want to reconsider schools. I also think a Terp should be fun, open-minded, have school spirit, and is willing to make lots of new friends.