Princess Anne, MD
University of Maryland Eastern Shore

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Maryland Eastern Shore

John

The University of Maryland Eastern Shore is the second most beatiful campus in America.

The importance of education in everyday life is what college has taught me. The only way to succeed in life is through education, which is why I attend college at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore

valentina

My school is an HBCU, it is one of the most beautiful campuses, and it also do not have a football team. Most schools their social life revovle around the football team,band,etc... At UMES the students are very encouraging to each other.

I have gotten a wonderful experience so far that most people do not have the privilege. It has been vauable to attend because in the future I want to become a special education teacher for high schools students. Without a college degree I wouldnt be able to pursue my dream in becoming a teacher becuase you must have teacher certification and degree. This opprotunity has been exceptional experience and I believe that everyone should have a college experience. I'm a very appreciative and would like to continue my education.

I believe that the best thing about my school would have to be the fact that it's in a rural area, therefore there isn't as many distractions. As for a school in a city area. Also the students are self motivated, enjoy, appricate their school.

My college experience has taught me a lot about myself, and more about the world around me. The University of Maryland Eastern Shore offers a wide range of cultures and values to anyone who interacts within the campus. There are people from different countries all around the world. I have learned so much about other cultures, it has taught me a lot about myself and what is important to me. Growing up in a middle class family in a small town in the United States, people could describe me as smart, well rounded, and privileged. Attending classes and being taught by people from other countries has taught me patience, self discipline, and important things in life aren't always materialistic. It has also opened my eyes to be appreciative of every opportunity that I am presented with, as others are not as fortunate. I have always valued my family and friends, but to see others come from places where their religion, family, and education are some of the only things they believe in has allowed me to appreciate what I have in my life and the great opportunities that I have and the bright future that is ahead of me.

How big the language barrier is between the teachers and students and students-students.

Someone who is looking to meet new people from a wide range of places and from different backgrounds. there are people and teachers here that are from countries all over the world.

Carly

Currently I'm attending a 2 year community college and I live at home. I like academic settings and I dont mind college; but I desire so badly to move away from home and to truly experience college life. Where I'm at a community college many people in my class are alot older and in a different stage in life and it's hard to connect. I can't wait for the next stage in my academic careear, and that is to move and live on a campus.

katherine

So far I've gotten to learn how be a better person and manage my time. I'm learning to speak the medical language. I'm gotten to meet and befriend people that I wouldn't have gotten the chance to know. I know I'm on my way to getting into an ultrasound program. It's been valuable because I know soon I will be able to provide a better life for me and my children.

Paul

UMES is best know for its beautiful campus, 2nd in the Nation. Our phenominal history in football. The track team here is amazing and our bowling team won the NCAA Championships Last Year. In addition to our sports, UMES is know for our international Relations with African, India, and other countries such as the Virgin Islands.

I've learned not to underestimate people and you really have to be on point every minute of the day. Time management os very important. Keep you friends close and your enenmies closer. Everybody you meet is not going to be your friend so don't get mad. Know who you are and be true to what you want to become. If you can't remember a lot of stuff, get a handy calendar. You will need it. In college you grow up. Students who attend college learn how to network better, and be on their own.

I wish I had a car before I came here. Everything is far away from the campus, by it being in the country region of Maryland. If I had a car things would be better.

Evelyn

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior i would firstly tell my self to take this seriously and be focused. All throughout my senior year i made mistakes and developed bad habits as in skipping class, and not doing homework which came back to haunt me as a freshman in college now because its very difficult for me to break these habits. Let alone my families finacial situation while i was a senior and now which also threw me of alot because we were constantly moving day to day. Secondly i would have told myself to take applying for scholarships , and doing the fafsa on time as my number one priority. if i would have set a goal and dilegently stayed on top of doing these things i feel like i would not be so deep in the hole now. These two things i stated have came to me in more ways then one as a test this semester and now im suffering the consequences. Through all of this i am learning and growing each day.

The kind of people that hould attend this school are those who are very outgoing and ready to learn. Also they should be one who is ready to do or try new things. They should also be prepared to learn and also study hard for all the work that is given to them.

When i tell my friends about my school i brag most about our campus how big it is, and how good the cafeteria food is. I also let them know how many ne people you meet and how friendly they are.

The University of Maryland Eastern Shore is a fun filled, academic school. I enjoyed the close relationships I formed with the faculty, as well as, the students. There are numerous amounts of clubs to join and department activities to help out with. Overall while attending this university, you will learn a lot about yourself, meet lifelong friends, and some who are meant to stay in your life for long. Nonetheless, this is a great place to get away from you family and discover new things and people. You make what you want out if it.

I f I could talk to myself when I was a high school senior I would say try to do better on your SAT's, take it seriously. I would say when you go to college don't get caught up in worrying about your mom being in Afghanistan, this will only add to your stress and will cause you not to care about you academic. Trust me your mom will make it back safely and once you realize that, your grades will turn around tremendously. On top of that do not get mixed up with friends and trying to take classes with them. Do not take morning classes if your not a morning person. And do not think a C is expectable, trust me A's and B's are what you want. Push hard and try to get honors, it will make your life easier. Oh and give David a chance, trust me he is the one. And you will go to Graduate school although I?m sure you don?t think so right now.

I would say the worst aspect of attending UMES is the fact the campus is right next to farm. The scent of farm animals late at night was not one of the best parts of being there but you make due. Another thing is there is not too much surrounding the school. You have to travel with friends or by bus to Salisbury which is 10-15min down the road where you then realize Salisbury has everything. However like I said before you make what want out it, you make your own fun.

Che'

I would tell myself to be more serious about my academics and that they do affect what instituation I get into and therefore what path I follow and my future. I should have researched my first major choice more which was biomedical research so that I could have seen that was not the course I wanted to follow and therefore my grades would not have suffered. Otherwise, I feel high school prepared my rather well for the transition to college and I was able to fit into the mold of college student more readily. Although, I do wish I had developed better study habits so that I would have had my coursework underhand from the beginning rather than learning how to manage my time as the semester carried on.

I wish I had known about the benefits AP courses give to students so that I could have used them to my advantage. It would also be helpful to know about my major more in depth and what is required for it.

Academically the school was sound and prodcutive, the only issue I had with my school was housing during the first semester.

Erik

My school is best known for the campus's beauty and the warm welcome you get from all the friendly staff members.

High school is as important of a stepping stone into your educational and employment career as teachers and parents say it is. At the end of the school day besure to review what your teacher goes over in class and even read ahead in the text book. If given the oppertunity enroll in any classes that will allow you to expand your knowledge in your field of study or even in a subject that you are not as familiar with. The people that you attempt to assocciate yourself with or impress in high school are insignificant because they are not concerned about your future and whether or not you will get into your college of choice. Instead of worrying about going out each night or being the life of the party, make sure that you have gotten all necessary work done to ensure that you are on the right track to being the best that you can be at what you want to do. Setting goals to acheive before graduation or throughout the school year is a great way to prove to your self that you can accomplish tasks and will ensure confidence for when you attent college.

The most frustrating thing about attending my school is getting used to this schools form of education as opposed to other schools i have successfully attended.

University of Maryland Eastern Shore administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.