Princess Anne, MD
University of Maryland Eastern Shore

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Maryland Eastern Shore

My senior year I dual-enrolled at the local community college, to enable an easier transition at graduation. Looking back I only wish that I would have applied for more scholarships so that I could have pursued my original dream at Drexel University of becoming an interior designer. My lack of disipline and caring about such things as money has caused me to change my dream to a better-paying position as an electrical engineer. Hopefully my late start will not inhibit me from realizing my future goals. I also would have told myself not to procrastinate because unlike highschool, college professors don't care whether or not you "left your homework in your car," all they care about is its presence in their hand. If I had had that knowledge before my GPA may have been the 4.0 that it once was.

The student looking for small town charm, mixed with a substantial curriculum is a good candidate for UMES enrollment. The tuition is a good value so even those without a lot of money can get the education they need. The location is perfect for learning, but close enough to cities that the student won't be bored. Many of the majors help people that would like to remain local, so someone hoping to stay close to home will thrive. Self-motivation and a will to succeed are a must, as advisors only advise.

UMES is a very "do-it-yourself" type of school. While the advisors are there to give advice, you must take what they tell you and make the ultimate decisions yourself. The curriculum is based on lecture, supported by literature so those without motivation will easily fall behind. Deadlines are deadlines and procrastination is not an option. Students with poor self-motivation and time management should re-think their choices before enrolling and attending.

Derik

My classmates are very mateur as far as coming to class everyday, willing to work with their fellow classmates such as organizing study groups for future tests and exams and achieving the same goals.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that college is harder than you think. I would advise myself to change my study habits because it is central to know everything that your teacher tells you. I would tell myself to buy a voice recorder and learn to write down important facts on what the teacher is saying in order to get ready for college. I would advise myself to become mentally prepared for the work being thrown all at once. I would tell myself it will only get harder and you will have to be determined, focused and able to finish the semester strong. I would advise myself to start highlighting keep points in the chapters for each class, in order to get used to doing it for college. I would tell myself that doing this will help considerably, especially when you need to go back in the book to find answers. I would advise myself to write down goals that I would want to achieve in a limited period of time. I would tell myself that doing this will keep you motivated on doing your school work.

If you are a person who is lazy, not willing to learn everyday, or thinks twice on your decision to go to college, then you should not attend this school. In my opinion, this goes for any university because you have to be motivated in order to work hard. If you are not very social, you should not attend this school because it is like a village of people. You see the same faces everyday and the more people you know, the better because they will help you whenever you need it. This school isn't all about fun.

Pai

They are helpful and encouraging.

They are helpful and encouraging.

I would tell myself to stop playing around. That even though this is my last year I need to buckle down and manage my time and money therefore I can prepare myself for what is to come.I would tell myself that the fun that I want to have will come later. And by later I mean after I graduate Medical School.

I think a person with an open mind approach to life should visit this school

Cherie

My classmates are determined and motivated to graduate on time and make a significant difference in the world today.

If I went back in time and talked to myself as a high school senior I would sit myself down and make a list of why I am in college. Next, I would tell myself not to get distracted by all the campus parties and stay focus on why I am there (the list). There are temptations of college life that will hinder me from getting where I need to be such as attending too many parties (on or off campus), peer pressures, and drugs that would deter me from studying and reaching my goal. So, I would tell myself to stay strong, study and focused on why I am in college. Don?t let anything or anybody create a stumbling block from me reaching my passion, dream, me.

Keisha

It is incredibly diverse in many aspects and you will make friends for life.

It is incredibly diverse in many aspects and you will make friends for life.

If I was able to talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself not to worry about what school I would get into because it is not all that important. I would also tell myself to not get wrapped up in the friends that you make in order to keep the scholarship that you recieved. Your education is much more inportant than friends, but it also important to establish good friendships with people that can help you when you need it. College can be fun so try not to be to wrapped up in social activities that can hurt your education as well as yourself, physically and mentally. The last thing I would tell myself is that no matter what happens you will always have family to stand behind you.

I brag about the friends that I have made and the acceptance of many different types of people that I have come across.

Siiyara

UMES is a school to go to if you want to get your work done and party at the same time

If i could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, then i would tell myself to prepare well. The summer before entering college and your senior year is the best time to make the change from a high school student to a college student. i would tell myself that its time to be independent because college professors wont babysit you nor will they check up on you to see if you did your work. I would also say to myself that it would be wise to read college level novels to prepared for the difficulty of college level work. Senior year its time to gear up because that is when the real work and real life starts.

it does not have a football team. if it did then we would have more school spirit and would allow students to become closer like a family.

Ky-Asia

The advice I would give myself if I were a high school senior is never lose focus. Sometimes I think I lost focus on things, which is partially the reason why I'm not graduating on time. I would tell myself never to let any distractions to get in my way because that will cause you to lose focus on alot. Last but not least, If you keep your graduation date in your mind all the time, maybe post it somewhere where you can see it everyday, you will do your best to succeed to that date.

I wished I had known that there would be alot more distractions in college than it was in high school. Also in high school if I didn't allow small distractions to get in my way then I shouldn't of let big ones get in my way while attending college.

I think any person deserves an education at not only this school, but any school around the globe.

Tonie

My classmates are vibrant and full of life.Many of us have dealt with many hardships social, financial and emotion but are optimistic about our futures.

I would tell myself to pay attention to even the most minute details and to study as much as possible.I would make it a priority to excel not just and unreachable dream.I would be more active in class and outgoing.I would have done the process of picking a college with more care.I would closely look for all the attributes I need in a college.I would do much differently.I would have spent more time looking for the financial resources needed to maintain the costs acquired while studying at an institution.

Any student that is uncomfortable being separated from the materialistic things of this world that hender us from dealing with and acknowledging our goals.

Shantelle

We have one the most beautiful campuses in America. Our campus is very close and is very freind

I would definitfly say stay focus. Know what you ae going to school for and stick to it. Also work yur bu off when it comes to finicial aid. Because while ur in college it could be one of the brokest time of you life, but just always think that your education will pay offat the end.

I would have to say the location, it kinda in the middle of no where.... You kind have to make the bestof it a create your own fun.

MORGAN

My classmates tend to be friendly and hardworking.

My classmates tend to be friendly and hardworking.

My advice that I would give to myself would be to prepare better for the SAT's and to work better on my study habits. Also to get a job because college is very expensive. I am now realizing just how expensive it is, with all of these loans I will spending my whole life repaying them. So those are the main advices I would give myself if I could go back in time and talk to myself.

Mostly that I get to watch free movies that came out in the movie theater

University of Maryland Eastern Shore administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.