Princess Anne, MD
University of Maryland Eastern Shore

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Maryland Eastern Shore

anna

The advice I would give myself is to stay strong. Being a strong willed person will help with the workload, the disagreements with the roommate's and the pressure from peers. Staying strong as the workload and list of to do's increases is necessary. It is way too easy to procrastinate but if you stay strong and remember the goal of obtaining a degree then you will succeed. Staying strong is also necessary if you do not have the luxury of having a single room. Staying strong not only means putting petty disagreements to the side in order to avoid an argument, but also means speaking up in the event that the roommate's behavior is distracting you from having peace in your room. It is also necessary to stay strong in the company of your peers. The pressure to look as good, party as hard and perform as well as your peers is what can either make a student or break a student. Staying strong is important when you're under pressure because the easiest thing to do is cave in and lose your personal morals. Therefore, the advice I would give myself is to stay strong!

I wish I had known that playing a sport at the university level is very competitive. If I had known that then I would have participated in sports throughout my high school career instead of just my senior year.

Someone who is not used to living in a very small town should not attend this school. This is an HBCU in the poorest county in the state of MD. The campus is beautiful and very small. If a student comes from a big city it might be hard for them to adjust to such a humble area.

Terrica

I would tell my self to get better grades and to stay on top of my work. I would tell my self to submit college applications early and that think long and hard about what college to attend.

I tell them that it is fun and I love it there.

Jordan

The most lively and fun bunch of people i have ever met.

The most lively and fun bunch of people i have ever met.

The first piece of advice I would give myself would be to bring everything you think you might need no matter how insignificant it might seem because it may end up being helpful to you in college. Another piece of advice I would give myself would be to always give it your all at everything you do (I know that sounds cliche) especially in college since it is the final step of your academic career, then your off on your own. Also, another reason you should always try your best in college besides the obvious point that you want to do good, but because you also don't want to waste your's or your parent's money and time given to help get you to that point. So trying your best can never hurt you in college it will only help you, and when you suceed it will get you noticed and you may even be offered scholarships depending on how you do. My last bit of advice would be to just have fun, you don't want to be stuck up in your dorm room all day studying, you should go out and meet new people.

The campus itself because there are so many activites to take part in such as playin pool, table tennis, joining a bible study, playing basketball, going to the gym to workout, campus hosted events and parties, so pretty much anything you can think of to do at college is available here .

marquis

My is best known for their prestigious hotel and restaurant management program and the abundance of females who attend the school. Every male who does not attend the school knows that the school has many females who attend it and all look forward for that only. The hotel and restaurant program at the school is supposed to be one of the best on the east coast and has the highest graduating rate at the school. We are also known for having a terrible male basketball program and no football team.

If I could go back in time and talk to high school senior self I would tell myself to be more focused in my school work and not be so lazy. I would tell myself not to take anything for granted that my teachers and coaches said to me and to cherish each word. I would tell myself this because almost everything that was said to me, has come to light as I am now a college student. All the hardwork that I took for granted is now being thrust my way at full speed. On the basketball court, my coach would tell that at the college level that you would have to work much harder and that the game would be much faster. I found that out the hard way when I attempted to tryout for my school's team. I would tell myself to do much more on the basketball court that a possible scholarship could have been given to you and that maybe you would have stood out more. If I was to tell myself these things I think that my college career would have been alot different from the way it is now for the better.

Danielle

Determined, I believe that everyone who is enrolled in a collegeg or university is determined, because continuing your education after high school is a choose.

I would tell myself to work hard, a deadline is really a deadline, nothing is given to you and that if you fail to prepare you prepare to fail. As a high school student you get so many different chances to do the right thing, but once you get into college you are told a date and when that date comes you have to be ready to hand in you work. I would tell myself that i should make a plan set a goal and not let anybody or anything stop me from reaching my goal. College is what you make it, the people you hang around and your mind set is something that needs to be right before you enter college. You must be a leader you have to be strong enough to know right from wrong and say no to things that can bring you down. Most of all be prepared for anything that is put before you, analyze it and come up with the best way to handle it.

The University of Maryland Eastern Shore is a close knit school, the campus is not very big so you learn your way around fast. The staff that works at my school really cares and will go above and beyond to make sure that the students succeed. I will tell them that my university is a great choice not to big but not to small, people that care and many opportunities.

Latasha

My classmates range from students who actually want to learn to those who do not take college serious, from international students to american students, athletes, parents, part time workers looking to better their career to students just taking the next big step in life.

I would tell myself to save more because college books are very expensive. The money wasted on unimportant things could have went towards transportation andjust having pocket money to be able to do more. I would also tell myself to get into the habit of studying for exams before the day of the exam and to go to my teachers when confused more often. I would also tell myself to learn how to conserve everyday products because I might not be able to get to store so easily without having a car. The last thing I would tell myself is to learn how to have fun, but feel comfortable no matter what anyone around thinks.

the best thing at my school is knowing that there are all kinds of resources to help me start building toward my career. There is tutoring on campus, the career center holds functions to show students the benefits of receiving help from resume building to internships. There is also counselors and programs like HIV awareness, and drug abuse awarness on campus that comein handy.

My school is very rural and it is not a extremely big town which I am used to and where all the other schools I applied for. That is the beauty about my school because it is located in a small town where a lot of people are friendly oriented and care about their town.

Listen Stephanie, choosing a college is a huge decsion that you are going to make in your life so you want to make or try to make the perfect desicion. Knowing when you enter college to fighure out a study plan, studying is a part of life and in college you want to study to the best of your ability. Studying is the key entering college. Also, do your best into finding scholarships, college is not easy and you are going to need all of the scholarship money that you can possibly earn. While in college always do the best that you can and try your best not to procrasinate. Procrasination is a bad habit that you do not want to start, always strive fot the best and never give up.

The thing that I brag about the most is how nt school is very serious and concern about the students career after college. The University of Maryland Eastern Shore is very concern about being or having a career after graduation and that is what I brag about the most. How seriously the college care about the students careers.

Darelle

I would tell myself to really learn how to manage time wisely. Make the right decisions and hang around the right people. Dont procrastinate and make sure your college that you chose is the one you truely want to go to. Finish all work ontime and make sure you speak with your professors in order to gaina personal relationship. Speak to your academic counselor regularly and always look for scholarships available. Develop good writing skills because there will be alot of papers you will have to write. Always make time for friends and have safe fun. Do not party too hard, do not drink or smoke because that can get you into alot of trouble. Spiritually connect with God because with out Him you wouldnt be there. Do not waste time, study and make it through in 4 years or less.

its pretty. bc they mow the lawn everyday

Adrian

They are eager to learn and willing to help each other.

They are eager to learn and willing to help each other.

To take high school seriously and put forth your best effort. I would tell myself to take all of the AP courses that I possibly could. I would also tell myself to take some college courses while in school to get the feel of college life. To start my college and financial aid search a little sooner. I would try to set down and map out my total educatiional goals before I get started. To make sure and have a plan B.

The diversity and the friendly atmosphere of the campus. It offers excellent programs, especially in healthcare. I know that I made the right choice by attending this college. It was the right fit for sure.

khadijah

If I could go back in time i would tell myself that when in duobt do what feels right and never just go with the flow. I would also say that everyone you will meet is not a friend but that doesn't mean that everyone is an enemy. And lastly have faith!

You shouldn't attend if you like big cities.

University of Maryland Eastern Shore administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.