Princess Anne, MD
University of Maryland Eastern Shore

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Maryland Eastern Shore

Varez

I would have told myself to be more prepared. I should have took college courses in high school to make my load a little lighter upon entering college. I would have also applied for more scholarships to help with my financial struggle. I would have told myself that procastination is not a option neither is failing. I would have took a SAT prep course in order to better my scores and give me a better chance of receiving a scholarship. All in all I ould have change somethings I did but I wouldn't have change coming to the University of Maryland Eastern Shore.

I think the best thing about my school is that because it is small it can cater to the needs of every student. The professors are skilled in their fields and always have the answers to your question. To me, the professors make it fun to learn vs. to being bored to death. Because the classroom only has a maximum of 20 students your profressor knows you by your name instead of just a number.

Sometimes my school tends to be very boring because it is in a rural area. But I learn to make the best of it no matter what.

Marquita

I would constantly stress the fact that scholarships are extremely critical. Scholarships usually are the deciding factor in whether you attend your dream school or you have to just settle for a last minute school you know that you will not be happy at. Also I would stress the fact that only applying to schools out of state was not the best idea because once you visit, if it is not appeasing, there is nothing else to fall back on. Organization and time management are two of the biggest factors that can make or break you in college. If you are not organized, your work it can be very difficult to get work done in a timely fashion because it has been misplaced or thrown out. Time management is the largest factor that eliminates college careers for some. Once you are given the syllabus the work is your responsibility and there will be no reminders and no guiding you through assignments, either you get the work or you don't. Most importantly, you are in college for a reason. Everyone isn't lucky enough to attend college, so make the most of it, because there are no do-overs.

The best thing about University of Maryland Eastern Shore is the class settings. The majority of the class settings usually have no more than 20 to 30 students. This allows for a closer relationship with the professors, because they can actually put a face to the name that is on their roster. With the small amount of students,there are less distractions and it makes it easier and more comfortable to ask questions when one is confused.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who has a great deal of patience and can deal with major set backs. They would also have to be the type of person who can make the best out of any situation and see the good in everyone. The individual would also be able to handle the rural setting and know how to find their way around small towns easily. Finally, they would have to be someone that is determined, not easily distracted, and wants to make the most out of the education that they are paying for.

Charles

My classmates are diverse, intelligent, kind, and most are hardworking students.

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would simply tell myself to enjoy every aspect of being a Senior, enjoy the last moments of being with my closest friends, and not worry as much about getting into a college. I would also tell myself to enjoy my first year of college more and to be more social. Lastly, I would reassure myself that I am capable of excelling in a college atmosphere.

The worst thing about my school would have to be the location. University of Maryland Eastern Shore is safely tucked away from the city of Princess Anne. While there are plenty of stores, and restaurants near by, it is still a rather quiet, sometimes boring location.

Its hotel/resturant managment program...also the physical therapy and physicians assistant departments.

Do what you want and dont give up. Follow your heart. Take your time doing work. Prepare for exams in advanced. Make new friends, speak to EVERYONE no matter what.

Someone very open. Comfortable with meeting all different types of people from different backgrounds. Someone attending this school must be strong enough to handle acedimics and social issues.

William

The first thing i will tell myself is that your sucess is based on how you do in college so dont play and take it as a joke because you will either suceed or fail so try to suceed so that you can be sucessful. The next thing that i would tell myself is to pick a stady major so that you can do something you will njoy when you graduate from school so then you can make good money. The third thing i will tell myself is to kee in touch with all your professors because they might be able to help you out when you complete your class and go to the next course. Finally you should be yourseldf and know that you and only you can make you happy and help yourself as well as others.

That they go out of there way to help you suceed....

Marie

When choosing a college think about oneself before others. The first step junior or senior year in high school is to decided whether or not one wants to attend college. Determination and motivation must be self achieved before applying to schools. There are so many choices of schools to attend, from public, to private, to HBCU's, to trade schools, and 4-year universities. There are honor colleges and community colleges, whichever school best fits the student must be researched properly and sufficiently. All factors should be considered when searching for the right school: size, tuition, majors offered, financial aid offered, the general area, population, and how accessible the school is to other services and entertainment facilities. Parents listen to your students, take college tours and visits, become involved in what your students want out of their or your college choice. In the end it will be his or her education and your well-invested money. College is an experience that one cannot get in writing. It's full of adventure, sturggles, awareness, and self acknowledment. All choices that are made have both positive and negative consequences, do not let the school of your choice be a negative factor.

A person who is has a very good head on his or her shoulders as well as a strong mindset. This person should be able to state his or her own opinion without worrying whether or not someone else will put them down or speak out against them.

A weak, low self esteemed person. Know what you want and how to get it before entering college. A smooth transition is always the best.

Kenneth

The best advice I can offer on making a decision as to which college to attend is, don't pick the college you believe you will have the most fun attending, and don't pick a school that you have not visited. The decision should be based on if the school has your major, what your majors reputation is within the school and to the state, is the school affordable and can you see yourself staying there all fours years to earn your degree.

The best thing about my school is the location. Being in a mostly rural area helps students stay focused because there is a lack of distraction from things outside of the campus.

Only mature, self-motivated and independant people should attend Maryland Eastern Shore.

Stephen

Check security and professors and students attending

Check security and professors and students attending

Security, professors availablity and understanding, fighting and safety

Antonette

The area of my school is very rainy and windy.

The area of my school is very rainy and windy.

Be open-minded. Smile and be friendly to people, even when they arn't to you. Stay focused on what you are in school for. Be proud of who you are.

People with the same race stick together.

Antoinette

My advice to parents and/or students when searching for the right college and making the most of te college experience is to (1) any school you are looking at, make sure their degree program in which u are interested in is a good program. (2) be very sociable and meet people. (3) make sure your priorities are in order, meaning study first, party later. and last , just enjoy life.

The kind of person that should attend this school should be a person who is outgoing and can enjoy there colleg life whether they are in the city or the country

there is not anything frustrating to me about my school

University of Maryland Eastern Shore administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.