Princess Anne, MD
University of Maryland Eastern Shore

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Maryland Eastern Shore

My classmates are diverse and unique, and they make UMES almost bearable.

My classmates are diverse and unique, and they make UMES almost bearable.

Follow your heart, choosing the school thats in your price range might not be the best choice. If your hearts not in the school you choose then it will show in your studies and you will regret being there.

The financial aid I receive. I am a independant student who on recieves about $1500 a semester from MD and nothing from the school and tuition plus room and board is over $12,00. I'm struggling and they dont help even though lat semester I had a 3.8GPA.

Evette

The university I attend is best recognized for the former football team which holds the distinct honor of having the most professional athletes in the NFL at any concurrent time in history.

If I were granted the unparalleled opportunity to advise parents and future students attempting to locate the college most correct for them, I would inform both parties to thoroughly research and schedule a touring visit of the campus and housing available before deciding upon one. It will be a severe regret if this is not done prior to applying and accepting an invitation to attend any of the numerous universities desired. In regards to the college experiencing and insuring one filled with memories that will be eternally lasting, I recommend to students to become actively involved in campus organizations. Do not settle for spending entire afternoons in the dormitory, hoping that tomorrow will be different because the four years of undergraduate wait for no one and finishes almost as quickly as it begins. Do not be afraid of socializing with strangers and extend your friendship or mere acquaintance to as many people as possible. You'll never be alone. Also, remain focused on the sole reason why you decided to pursue a higher education to begin with otherwise you will be dismissed. Distractions are evident, but focus and dedication are two necessary components of success.

I often brag on the student radio organization on campus which I am affiliated with and the extreme amount of dedication and effort placed into the station by the staff.

Evette

The University of Maryland Eastern Shore is best recognized for the beautiful landscape of the campus.

I recommend thoroughly researching all schools available rather than basing their decision strictly upon financial circumstances.

The worst aspect of my school is the financial aid departments insistence upon issuing excessive amounts of funds to those who are undeserving. This is the absolute worst dimension because those students who are achieving and striving towards excellence are neglected in the process.

T.

In my opinion, when selecting a college, the number one thing you should consider is; at the end of 4 years will you be happy with the decision you made to attend that particular school. Some things you should also consider are; is the school offering your major within a good department that will not only teach subjects but consists of faculty members that care about your education and are willing to invest in you as a person, and are you able to affort the tuition. Curently in my third year in college, I am extremely happy with my decision to attend UMES. The campus is not too far from home, the classes aren?t too large, and the professors give you individualized attention when you need it without complaining. I have met many friends and professors that have made an impact on my life. I will always be grateful to them because they have helped me mature and helped in the building of my character. So, make sure the college offers the program and major you are pursuing, and please surround yourself with a circle of people that will help you during your college career.

Small, friendly, excellent teaching... graduate well rounded in your major.

Anyone looking for a small campus atmosphere with excellent edecutional experience.

elisabeth

my school is a great school and they have a lots of acvities that goes around the school. they have a lot of tutoring helping people who can do their best on their grade and success in their life.

the students finding the right college and making the most of the college experience are making their own decision and paying for their own college with my parent not helping me.

i think anyone who have a high school GED could attend to this school.

Kirstin

Really get to know the school, dont chose it just because. think about what you like, and where you'd like to be

Jason

Make sure when u take the campus tour to ask the guide about , housing life, activites, and the internships avalible a that particular school. Ask as many questions as you can, remember the more the better and theres no such thing as a dumb question. Any knowledge u can get is good knowlege if it can help you select the right shcool for you. However, the first semester is the hardest so dont feel down if u get a few bad grade, you can easily turn it around in the next semester.

I wish i had known how hard it is to get anything done with finaicial aid staff or other campus staff. You have to be ascertive and contantly rmind them of what you need done because most of the faculty is lazy. its really fustrating and sad that no one seems to know whats going on. There is a lack of communication and it needs to improve.

ERICA

My school is rated the second most beautiful campus in the United States. We are also the fisrt University to have a pride week as well as a school dance.

When finding the right college, make sure there is a certain level of diversity as well as academic drive. Step outside of your element when choosing a college. try not to pick a college that has an environment that you are used to. Accept change. in the process of choosing a college, don't choose a school that to big or small for that matter. Choose a school that is just right in size. Also, choose a school that has professors that view you as a person and not a number. Last but not least, choose a college that can provide financial assistance to you if and when needed.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of maturing students. Sometimes the students at my school can make it feel like high school all over again.

Stedman

It is the most clean campus I have ever been on.

It is the most clean campus I have ever been on.

For a student, I will tell them to make sure college is a decision that they want to do and dont let no one force you to do it. If a Student is confused about college I strongly consider starting off with a Community College first to get a taste of the college life, if you don't like it, it would make much sense to go through with it. There are other opinions besides college, such as Technical school well some students excell at and Trade schools. I would like to encourage both the parents to have a serious talk about to students interest to see which would be better for the student between a College and a Technical School. I also encourage that Parents take the time out to visit both types of schools to see what they offer and make a conclusion off of that. Thank You for you Time.

The lack of Finicial Aid that is avilable to good Students who do well. They mainly base your aid off of how much your family brings in. Also their lack of Pyschology classes and the fact that they dont have Psychology for a major, because I was very interested in that.

I think the unique thing about my school is that it's an HBCU and that we are still standing. Most people tend to think the HBCU's don't do enough to help educate its students,but that is not true. There are plenty of opportunites and resources available to students. The students just need to use them. The proffessors truly try to help all that go here to succeed. I enjoy this university.

The advice I would give parents and students about finding the right college and making the most of the college experience is this: It doesn't matter how you start; it only matters that you finish. Finish school. Even if UMES is not your first choice and you got accepted, go there and check it out. You may find out that you truly enjoy the campus and you might just make friends for life! I know I have! There is a sense of pride that you sense when you walk down these halls; it is truly amazing to see. I would also say to students to get involved. You get out what you put in more or less. If you go to college, any college, with an attitude of malcontent, then you are going to be getting that out of your experience while there. It is what you make it. Join a group, organization, or club. Make friends. This is the best time of your life, your college years, so make the most of it. And finally to the parents, it's okay mom and dad. Take a deep breath and let your babies go. They'll be just fine.

University of Maryland Eastern Shore administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.