University of Maryland Eastern Shore Top Questions

Cheyenne

Mostly African American. Small percentage of other minorities including Caucasian.

Amari

The students are diverse.

Aziz

I just want to become sucessfull in life. Failure is not an option to me.

Trena

My classmates enjoyed academic challenges.

Namira

if you are looking for fun and a school with a good reputation to follow you, UMES is not the school for you.

isis

This school is among the international colleges in the country which makes it a place of diverse race and culture. Students don't usually feel out of place in this school in my opinion because you will always find someone to be your friend and guide you through. Different types of students interact with one another in the classroom, on the road and sometimes in the dining hall.

Simone

the students at our university is veery blended. Although it is an HBCU everyone is treated equally, also, our school is LGBT friendly so you see alot of different things walking around campus.

Malik

To simplify this topic, EVERYBODY, and I mean EVERYBODY, is accepted without fail at UMES. There is such a large diversity of students from different backrounds, cultures, and personal belifs that it is not shun down upon at any time.

this a a historically black school, but there are Chinese, whites and Hispanics in the school as well. you choose your own religion. the school doesn't allow stereotyping in school. students that are not comfortable with their self or sex will feel out of place in my school.students wear what ever they want to class. everyone in this school try to interact with each other. most of the student in my school are from Baltimore, New jersey and Nigeria. alot of them are from Africa. students talk about how much they want to earn when they get out of school.

My classmates and I are focus on why we came here in the first place...to get high grades and a good job after graduation.

Gisan

My classmates are very passionate & enthusiastic about their future in the field of hospitality.

Lapree

As soon as you walk into the classroom you automatically feel cause UMES students are very friendly and supportive.

clifton

Most of my classmates are caught up in the college life and are young, not yet understanding why they are at college.

Annamae

There are nice people person who want to strive for the best in what they accomplish.

My classmates are diverse and active individuals who care about their academic success.

Derik

My classmates are very mateur as far as coming to class everyday, willing to work with their fellow classmates such as organizing study groups for future tests and exams and achieving the same goals.

Pai

They are helpful and encouraging.

Cherie

My classmates are determined and motivated to graduate on time and make a significant difference in the world today.

Tonie

My classmates are vibrant and full of life.Many of us have dealt with many hardships social, financial and emotion but are optimistic about our futures.

MORGAN

My classmates tend to be friendly and hardworking.

The most lively and fun bunch of people i have ever met.

Determined, I believe that everyone who is enrolled in a collegeg or university is determined, because continuing your education after high school is a choose.

Latasha

My classmates range from students who actually want to learn to those who do not take college serious, from international students to american students, athletes, parents, part time workers looking to better their career to students just taking the next big step in life.

Adrian

They are eager to learn and willing to help each other.

My classmates are diverse, intelligent, kind, and most are hardworking students.

My classmates are diverse and unique, and they make UMES almost bearable.

lynice

my classmates are friendly and attentive

Gary

My classmate are very unique each and everyway.

Silver

Most of my classmates are sweet, friendly people, although i usually have to make the effort to get them to talk to me and be friends.