University of Maryland Eastern Shore

« See more reviews of University of Maryland Eastern Shore

A person who does not have an open mind. HBCU's (historically Black college and universities) are often ignored and is considered second rate when compared to traditional schools. But, really HBCUs are diverse institutions of higher learning that offer extracurricular and academic programs and are exceeding those offered at "traditional" campuses. These colleges especially UMES offer high quality education at affordable prices at undergraduate, graduate and professional levels and has better overall value than traditional schools that are similarly ranked. UMES helps students not only establish life long connections, but to also enchance the sense of cultural identity.

If you are a person who is lazy, not willing to learn everyday, or thinks twice on your decision to go to college, then you should not attend this school. In my opinion, this goes for any university because you have to be motivated in order to work hard. If you are not very social, you should not attend this school because it is like a village of people. You see the same faces everyday and the more people you know, the better because they will help you whenever you need it. This school isn't all about fun.

UMES is a very "do-it-yourself" type of school. While the advisors are there to give advice, you must take what they tell you and make the ultimate decisions yourself. The curriculum is based on lecture, supported by literature so those without motivation will easily fall behind. Deadlines are deadlines and procrastination is not an option. Students with poor self-motivation and time management should re-think their choices before enrolling and attending.

If a person does not want to gain knowledge and a social network, they should not attend University of Maryland-Eastern Shore, any college at that. I feel that University of Maryland-Eastern Shore was made for all kinds of students: yung, old, shy, and outgoing. Just like all of the other colleges and universities. I believe that anybody who attends an institute will grow academically and socially from their experience there.

Someone who is not used to living in a very small town should not attend this school. This is an HBCU in the poorest county in the state of MD. The campus is beautiful and very small. If a student comes from a big city it might be hard for them to adjust to such a humble area.

Any one who enjoys bands, football, fraternities, and sororities. UMES does not have a football team, soccer team, swim team or a lacross team. The activities are limited and if you are far away from home you will really be bored on the weekends.

Any student that is uncomfortable being separated from the materialistic things of this world that hender us from dealing with and acknowledging our goals.

A goal oriented , well rounded, and polished person is the type that should attend this school. THey will grow not only acadmically but as a person.

A weak, low self esteemed person. Know what you want and how to get it before entering college. A smooth transition is always the best.

A student who enjoys a small area and classroom size. University of Maryland Eastern Shore has a country southern field