University of Maryland Eastern Shore

« See more reviews of University of Maryland Eastern Shore

The hotel and restaurant management program which is catered to future hospitality leaders is quite amazing. The learning materials and the hands on experience gives this school a prestigous status among many HBCU's in the United States. University of Maryland Eastern shore is one of the best hospitality schools in the East coast that has many student runned bodies operating within the program such as IFSEA ( International Food service Executives Association) and NSMH (National society for minorities in hospitality). These well known organisations gives my school national and global recognition.

The best thing about my school is the open door of opportunities that are offered. We have so many programs, organizations, and outreach actives on campus that not only strength student’s interpersonal skills but they help prepare for adulthood. UMES has seminars, and meetings that help with college life, and adaption to the real world. The opportunities here help you become more successful, more organize and helps with maturity broad field of innovations and teachings, sorority clubs and organization all that which are offered to me and that I have and will continue to take full advantage

The best thing about this school is it gave me an opportunity to grow closer with Christ for real. Education is key but its really nothing without him. It really showed me all the things on campus that will lead you on the path of destruction. When I came as a freshman I met up with the wrong people and made bad decisions that may effect me later on down the line. Then I heard about this Christian oragnization and they exposed my dirt and hypocrisy. Now I live for him just because I chose this school over other choices.

There are so many great things about my school, that it is too hard to summaries in 100 words. Some of the best things about my school are, the campus life, the fact that we are rated, 2nd most beautiful campus in the Us, our curriculum and how professors work with you to become successful, and all the activities that go on day to day to keep us busy. Lastly, although we are a Historically Black College we still have a very diverse campus.

The best thing about University of Maryland Eastern Shore is the class settings. The majority of the class settings usually have no more than 20 to 30 students. This allows for a closer relationship with the professors, because they can actually put a face to the name that is on their roster. With the small amount of students,there are less distractions and it makes it easier and more comfortable to ask questions when one is confused.

The best thing about my school is, the school unity. At the University of Maryland Eastern Shore, there is always someone to lend you a helping hand. For example, on the first day of classes I was lost and had no idea where to go, a fellow student stopped what they were doing and asked me if I needed help. From that point on, I didn't feel like I was at a school with a lot of random people, but I was at a school with family.

My school is extremely diverse even though it is a HBCU and offers a different intake on education. There is always something to do on campus including educational and recreational. The teachers are helpful and extremely useful in the student pursuit in achieving a degree. Its location is also key in what makes my school special, it takes you out your element. And forces you to focuse on what is important; your education.

The best thing i consider about my school is that the University of Maryland-Eastern Shore is very rich in history. Its a hostorically black college that started in 1886 with three instructors and nine students. Today the academic staff is three hundred-ten memebers strong and there are three thousand nine-hundred twenty-two students. To me this shows growth as well as progress which are two key ingredients for excellence.

I think the best thing about my school is that because it is small it can cater to the needs of every student. The professors are skilled in their fields and always have the answers to your question. To me, the professors make it fun to learn vs. to being bored to death. Because the classroom only has a maximum of 20 students your profressor knows you by your name instead of just a number.

The best thing about UMES is its participation in the community. There is no shortage of canned-food drives, clothing drives, Habitat for Humanity projects, or student involvement at city meetings. Giving back to the community is the most altruisitc, and respectable characteristic any one person or group of people can have because, if we can't do that, we can't succeed as a people.