University of Maryland-University College Top Questions

Cheryl

People who are not serious about achieving their academic goals should not attend UMUC . Time management is key to academic success at the school. It is also imperative to be actively involved in classroom participation and all group projects. People who are not capable of working independently will not do well at UMUC.

Traycie

Someone who ISN'T self diciplined.

Chihon

A person who does not like learning online.

If you are unable to manage your time and juggle multiple classes at once, you should not attend. Anyone who can not stay focused and give 100{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} should not attend. If group projects aren't your thing... get ready! There are always a few professors and classes that require it to complete the course.

Lindsey

There's no specific type of person that should avoid this school; you make your own schedule, and you're not forced to interact face to face with anyone. Online discussions are encouraged and go significantly toward your grade, so if you like to socialize that's your outlet.

Mandy

if you need classroom instruction

Lyneshea

Students that lack the desire to meet or exceed expectations may find it challenging to excel at this University. Individuals that lack skills in time-management may also have difficulties. The coursework is complex and it requires a great level of concentration.

Tiffany

Adult students, or personnel who have been out of school for a few years,would do just fine in this school, the instructors are very helpful, and students have a choice, depending on their geographic region, of going to traditional classes or simply taking courses online. Having tried both options I can certainly say i've had great results with both.

Tommy

This school caters more to people who take online classes. So if you're the type that wants to experience the full college lifestyle and wants to be on campus and interact face to face with teachers and students, then this school is not for you.

kARYN

The kind of person that should not attend this school is someone who lacks personal discipline and development. From what I have seen the school offers so much for the working adult, most importantly numerous online and hybrid courses. If someone does not have that push to be able to sit down alone and manage your time wisely without having to attend classes on a scheduled basis, the University of Maryland-University College will not be a great fit for your lifestyle.

christie

I think that anyone looking for a campus setting or a lot of interaction with their teachers should not apply.

Adriana

I think a person who doesn't have self discipline should not attend because its online and it is up to you to complete your own work

melodie

People who arent dedicated to their education should not attend this college.

David

A person who is interested in face-to-face interactions with teachers and fellow students should not attend this school. This school is for professionals who wish to continue their education, but must have the time spent learning be totally flexible with their current lifestyle, not the other way around.

Christopher

People who are looking for a huge party school that is very active and has a strong following in the sports scene should definitely look to other schools. Also, ones looking to graduate at a school that is well known for its great academic studies or artistic scene should look elsewhere. UMUC is a school with a large variety but it is not amazing in any category or high on the totem pole when comparing the academic worth versus other schools such as the Ivy Leagues.

Kylee

A young student who wants the experience of living on campus.

Seth

Someone who does not work well on their own. The majority of the college's coursework is online, so you need to be able to set a schedule for yourself, and be able to hold yourself to getting the work done.

Andrea

Like any college or university, I would not recommend UMUC for students who don't want to apply themselves to their work.

Julie

UMUC requires you to have excellent time management skills, especially for online classes, if you do not have the dedication to log onto your classes each week and make sure your work is submitted on time, this school is not for you.

Robin

A serious person who has goals.

Kerri

People who are not self motivated or self disciplined.

John

A person who is serious about going to college for an education, and not to party.

Alexandra

This school is in Adelphi, Maryland, however, I am currently taking online classes from this University. Anyone who isn't motivated, lacks initiative, and who isn't hard-working shouldn't take online courses. They are difficult, require a tremendous amount of reading, and lots of motivation.

Christine

Someone who doesnt have self - discipline probably would not be a good fit for online classes. There is no one but yourself to motivate you to get your assignments and studying done.

I think the kind of person that should attend this school is the type of person that has a life outside of college. I always knew I wanted to go back to college I jut didnt know when it would be possible. My husband is in the Air Force and was recently deployed to defend our country. I felt like this was the best time for me to start school, however I still work a 40+ hour/week. I have to work and make time for household duties, however I still go to school and I am loveing it.

Rajiv

I would say the kind of person who should attend my school, is someone who is ready to get back to school after a break from school.

Galen

Only a person not desirous of attaining a higher education should not attend the University of Maryland - University College. Every student attending is there to get a higher level of education.

Constance

I would not recommend this school to a student who does not know what their learning style is. It would be better to determine if you learn better with in-class instruction, or if you learn better on your own via online classes.