University of Maryland-University College Top Questions

Johnathan

The most frustrating thing about this school is the lack of biological science classes offered.

Traycie

Some of the best classes are only offered sporatically.

The homepage for the college can be very confusing to those who dont have someone to show them the ropes.

Carlos

The name of the institution. It's my primary motivation for transferring so I can get a degree from somewhere other than "University of Maryland University College".

How long it takes for Financial aid to hit

Marc

the online class system of some courses is very frustrating due to the program they use.

nothing.

Jeff

The most frustrating thing about my school is the location. It is locatated in the busy beltway of Washington DC.

Dansez

Though the online classes are great, the online "classroom" could be better. It's hard to navigate and use.

Selena

The most frustrating thing about my school would be the web based tools such as WebTycho. I really don't like how for every class every semester I get an error message that won't allow me to look at my syllabus and it is (in my opinion) not user friendly

Having to take the majority of my courses on-line.

I attend UMUC Europe and am frustrated with the number of classes available face-to-face; I wish there were more class options for people in my situation.

Most of their classes aren't equal to the classes I already took.

Taurean

The most frustrating thing about my school is the WebTycho interface used for classes. It is a difficult interface to navigate through the student conference section at times.

InSeon

As of now I do not Have any frustrating thing about this school.

Jera

The most frustrating thing about my school was the system they used for payment and student help. I found financial aid to be frustrating as well and had a difficult time finding out where I was supposed to make payments.

Teachers being technologically challenged.

Lucille

Since returning back to college after 25 years, the requirements to graduate are taking me longer than expected. I am still trying to see if an academic advisor can reevaluate my transcripts for any credits that I may utilize toward my major. There have been conflicting reports from different advisors. Other than this, I like this university and their learning format.

Jaison

They need more face to face classes.

VERONICA

There is nothing frustrating about my school; I enjoy the atmosphere.

Venus

The lack of follow-up and time it takes to connect with offices.

I have only gone through the enrollment and registration process so I haven't had a chance to fully experience the environment of the University yet. I would say the most frustrating thing I've experienced so far is the Financial Aid application process.

This will be my first semester at University of Maryland University College, the only issue I had initially was getting a response quickly from the advisors but I attended an open house and got all my questions answered and applied. I have taken classes at George Mason and NOVA in Northern Virginia and enjoyed both.

Maryland is so large and offers so many programs, but as a student I feel like there are not a lot of opportunities for me to branch out beyond my major.

Isa

Taking online classes, and getting familiar with the whole online system. But one you start working on it - it is no longer frustrating.

Seth

For several classes I have taken so far, the teachers are not the ones who write the finals. Not sure of the policy behind this, but it has resulted in at least one class where the final did not reflect anything that we had studied in class.

I don't think there is anything frustrating about my school

Getting through the phone system.

Melody

The switchboard could use less repetitive screenings . It's frustrating when one has to go through his or her demographics before being able to state the reason for calling.

Kellie

i can not say, i am just starting this summer and have not had a chance to experience all of what the school has to offer, i will say i do not think i will try and find something that fustrates me about my school, because there are to many things in this world that does and i would like me school to be an outlet away from that.

Because of the make up of my school, not all classes are offered every term. Due to the frequent moving of instructors or rotation of classes between bases, there is not much certainty as to when a class may be offered in my location again. Also, I am often the only student one would categorize as a typical Freshman.

Hermetta

The most frustrating thing about the school I would say was registering for the classes , It was very difficult for me update my courses online from the course catalog to the registration page online. It took quite a bit of time for me to register and update my courses, I wish that the online system was more user friendly , for instance I would suggest having an online student advisor assigned to the student that can capture the screen and assist the student with any questions they may have with registering or scheduling their classes for the semester.

Yana

I cannot recall anything.