University of Maryland-University College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Maryland-University College

Arvand

I think that the University of Maryland-University College is the best university. I like that the university is flexible and has Disability Support Services. Having Disability Support Services is important to be. I like to have accommodations for my academics. I want to be successful when I transfer to the University of Maryland-University College.

Kristina

UMUC has great resources for both online and on-campus learning. My experience through online learning only has been great. Some of the administrative necessities with the school have been a low point. Either with not being provided the correct information or no information at all. But overall with that side being the only negative experience I have had my actual learning from the school and experience with my professors has been amazing.

Mindy

University of Maryland University College is the place to be as a working adult. They offer face paced 8 week classes, which definitely speed up the process of getting your degree. Almost every class I have taken has been challenging however I find with perseverance and motivation you will succeed. This is because the professors are willing to work with you, and are always just one click away when you have a question. Overall, I would highly recommend UMUC as an option for anyone looking to finish school while working.

Ariella

UMUC is not like any other college! From our unusual campus to our ability to learn outside the classroom from our environment is need less to say, out of the ordinary. UMUC`s campus consists of six class room that fit up to twenty people per room plus one computer lab. To put it in a more visual perspective, our campus is just one hallway long. It is on the first floor of the airmen apartment complex. UMUC`s students are more diverse then any other college I know. From high school student, to mothers and fathers, or active military. I attend UMUC on Ramstein Air Base in Germany. Extracurricular actives consists of traveling to different countries and taking tours of historical sites. Ever learned about what it was like living in a concentration camp during WWII while actually setting foot in a real camp? Well take it from me, it is truly an emotionally heartbreaking yet unforgettable experience. Although, UMUC does not offer the essential of a normal college life, other opportunities out weight it. UMUC has set the foundation of my academic career.

Anna

UMUC is affordable, flexible, and offers great opportunities for learning. The advising team has been a really great help too. I would like to see more classes offered on campus at College Park, especially computer classes. I would rather being doing hands-on technical work while on campus with a professor readily available for any help.

Stephen

The University of Maryland-University College is a good school. It does have campuses which you can attend in person but its main priority is to provide online learning. It's Cyber Secuirty and Networking Security programs are good. Their Cyber teams have done very well in global competitions over the past few years.

Mirabel

Great school!

LaShonda

University of Maryland is an outstanding school. I work at the Education Center and I work closely with the employees of University of Maryland. I also get the opportunities to talk and speak with professors as well as attend class. This is a great school and I recommend it to everyone who is interested in college.

Zulema

UMUC is the go-to school for the working adult who is returning to school. They know how to serve us as adult learners, professionals, and individuals that need non-traditional educational settings. They understand our need for flexibility and training/learning for the 21st Century. It has a global presence so an education is accessible almost anywhere, especially virtually. The professors are experienced in their field/industry and bring real-work issues/situations to the classroom. They willingly share their network and resources with students, as well as, encourage students to do the same. Students are engaged and inspired by both the teacher and each other. I have NO regrets in choosing UMUC.

melodie

I do online class at the University and it is very helpful in my active life. My professors are available to me online all the time. I like the mandatory interaction between students online, it helped me to see that I am not the only one with some of the struggles I have.

Quddus

I really believe it is a great school for full time employed people that are trying to pursue there career further.

Miriam

I believe it is an amazing school that offer the programs that I am looking for to pursue my degree and career. If I were to have the money to go for a doctoral degree, then I would because UMUC is an amazing facility and gives me a major understanding of what I want in life.

At the University of Maryland-University College, we are located at an on-base facility. We have a handful of classrooms including the computer lab and a library. Our on-site professors are interesting, I learn a lot from them class related and non-class related. I enjoy taking hybrid classes and look forward to my first full face to face class as well as my first online class the upcoming session. My favorite thing about this school is the short 7-week session divided in half so I can finish the class in a short time. I also enjoy the intensity of the short sessions​.

Gina

I am very pleased for many reasons thus far with my decision to attend University of Maryland University College. Even though I have been here for just a few semesters, I am very impressed. For one the University is very actively involved with the students and genuinely care about the successful academic process of the students. The administration has been so friendly and helpful whenever I have needed assistance they always happy and even excited to meet with students one on one if needed. Even by emails, the response is almost immediately. As far as the teaching staff/professors well all I have to say is they are amazing, always actively involved in the educational process of the students by taking the time to connect with each one of us on and individual level by listening carefully and thoughtfully to any concerns a student may have. Always with an encouraging word reminding each student to practice the use of academic thinking, along with many other learning strategies or techniques that may help with the difficulty of any coursework you may need additional assistance in understanding. The classes at the University of Maryland University College provide a clear and straightforward outline of each class. In addition to the framework of the outline, I love how they always provide unlimited access to additional resources that may be necessary or helpful for each particular course. I have also noticed how the University of Maryland University College provides all the students with help in learning techniques designed to make learning fun and exciting to the point where you want to know more. However, don't get me wrong, you have to work for your grades here, and the classes can be very challenging at times, but also very rewarding. Other things I enjoy about attending here at University of Maryland University College in the enthusiasm of the staff and the students, so far meeting new people has been easy and a pleasant experience for me. When it comes to studying I spend time studying in places such as the coffee shops, the library, outside in the fresh air in a quiet area, or group studying which is very helpful especially around exam times. I feel confident and comfortable and safe in my surrounding environment here at UMUC which helps to provide me with a stress-free learning experience. I have no doubt that University of Maryland University College is a place that will provide me with the best possible education I will need for my future success. I would highly recommend this University based on excellence they provide in educating you, the dedication to seeing that each and every student has the tool necessary to succeed in meeting their educational goals.

Hal

I am an online student and it provides a great environment that allows students to develop team and individual skills. Strong instructor presence and real life military and civilian career individuals in the class. Very set for those with a career and not a lot of time for horseplay. I enjoyed it so much I am currently signed up for my MBA, after receiving my Bachelor in Management from the school. The items I have learned at UMUC has assisted in the Office of Personal Management job I current work in.

Arno

My overall opinion of Umuc is that it is a very convenient schools for people wanting to earn college credits and nothing else. I attended this school in Europe so it has no sports, on campus dining facilities, or anything with traditional college atmospheres. The classes are small both in students groups and classroom size.

brooke

University of Maryland-University College is a decent college and "gets the job done", if you will, but I do not think it is one of the top schools within the U.S. or even within the area. Many of the professors, particularly online, do not seem to care an ounce about the students or their obligations as professors.

Mallory

I love attending University of Maryland. It has what I need, the schedules are flexible, and I feel as though I'm getting my money's worth. If I had to recommend a college for someone that is busy or likes to go at their own pace, I would 100% recommend UMUC.

Daisy

University of Maryland University college offers various programs and much needed flexibility. Their learning management system (LMS) is constantly being updated, it is user friendly, and allows for PDF's to be uploaded rather than having to purchase books. I would highly recommend the University for anyone looking for flexibility. They are affiliated in the yellow ribbon program for military and make it easy to transfer courses.

Vannessa

It was with great trepidation that I decided to choose UMUC. However, I have found that this school uncategorically has made sure to make my education experience more desirable. I have been the one who has failed or was completely lackadaisical when it came to doing the work. Surprisingly, I was sent an email from my instructor. No other school has ever done that. As I get back on track, I must say that this is the reason I plan to finish my education with UMUC and recommend UMUC to others - both in the military as I am and those who are not.

Donte

I took a few classes here and did enjoy my time. The classes are fairly inexpensive but still cost more than education should cost. The classes are well taught and haven't had a " bad professor" yet, I may take classes here again for simple convenience.

Caleb

I am currently going to attend the satellite college found in Germany so there is no housing there and no extracurriculars but I am overall satisfied with the amount of care I have gotten from the staff and students. I seriously look forward to the great time that I will have with my school and the staff it presents me! :)

Kiara

University of Maryland- University College has been pleasure to attend. They have very flexible courses that allow me to work while attending classes. My biggest down fall is with administrative communication. The professors are very accessible and willing to help make your learning experience a positive one.

Stacy

This is an online college through the University of Maryland. The program for Cybersecurity is excellent. The classes can be difficult if you do not apply yourself. You also have group presentations in some classes. For the most part, it is a really good education that will lead to a great job.

laurin

I love the school and the classes offered. The professors also give me all the help I need to achieve my goals. This school is exactly what I need to achieve what I need to advance my career. The overall cost of classes are hard to achieve but I love the school and the chances to advance myself.

Alison

UMUC is a great online school. I have enjoyed every single one of my professors so far and they are always there to help me if I need it. Attending school online leaves the student with a lot of flexibility. I am able to work full-time and attend school full-time. UMUC's classes are set up in a way that is friendly for the students. The workload is not overwhelming, but the classes can be challenging.

Kathy

University of Maryland University College's (UMUC) graduate program caters to adults who work full time, adults who are raising kids, and recent veterans. Currently all of my courses are online, which is very convenient. The course books are electronic, which helps save money. Furthermore, the interactive labs help students gain hands-on experience with both technology and real-world experiences. Overall, UMUC has been a great school and a very convent school for me to achieve my career goals.

Joshua

UMUC is my first college experience. I had quite a bit hesitation before finally making the step to enroll in college. UMUC made everything very simple from the beginning. From my application process, financial aid and enrolling in my classes. I'm proud to say that as Fall semester 2016 I was accepted on to Cyber Team for the school and look forward to taking Graduate courses after finishing my undergrad courses.

Katherine

I attended University of Maryland-University College as a student seeking a Bachelors Degree in Political Science. The majority of my undergraduate classes were distance learning though I had the option to attend in class sessions as well. Having the opportunity to attend class online allowed me to work full time during the day. Accessing readings, discussions, and class documents was very easy and convenient. In person class sessions were also great. I always felt that my professors were accessible. My college experience was purely academic and I very much enjoyed that considering my busy work life. I loved being a student at UMUC and I recommend the University to all aspiring students.

Amy

I have really only taken on line classes lately. They do have the in class option but with my busy schedule I really like online and if you are traveling it does not cause you to miss class.

Regina

To Whom It May Concern, The University of Maryland-University College is a wonderful college and after graduating with my BS degree, I am already preparing for a Master in Management/Interdisciplinary Studies at the same college. It is a on line college, which made it really hard to answer a lot of the above question. I am a Dessert Storm veteran and the only thing I would do different in my life if I was granted a 'do-over', that would be to have completed my college education much earlier in my life. I found it to be quite challenging to get into the grove of higher education, after being away for over twenty years. The last four years of my life has been a wealth of information placed in front of me and a wonderful learning experience. It was also amazing for me to experience the young creative mines and to know that these young individuals will be running our world in the near future. I would like to conclude by saying thank you for allowing me to tell you a little bit about myself and the offer of resources to help me through my graduate degree programs. Cordially, Regina Logan

Kevin

My overall impression of UMUC is that the faculty gets it regarding the student population they are inheriting. A lot of the infrastructure normally associated with a prototypical university is already woven into most locations as the majority of the students live/work on military installations. The breadth of experience in the classes ranges from age 18 up age 40. It truly is an awesome place to learn.

Darryl

I'm an active duty sailor serving on the small island of Guam. After serving in the Navy for 9 years, I started the one thing I joined for and that is receiving my college degree. Being that out of school for so long, I was afraid to start, but the staff there was so accommodating and encouraging, it help ease my anxiety and get me on the path of attaining a bachelor's degree in History from UMUC.

Lesley

Most of the classes offered are online so there is no real campus life or activities. The classes offered in person are great. Everyone is determined because most people already have jobs and families and are just looking to further their education and better their lives.

Fabian

I’m a current University of Maryland University College (UMUC) student and I feel I have greatly benefited during my enrollment here. The biggest advantage of my enrollment is definitely the online and hybrid class options. It allows me to be able to flexibly manage my career and school. While both a full time student and active duty Marine, I know I’m able to better able to compete against my civilian peers as I am concurrently pursuing a degree while gaining valuable work and leadership experience. In the past year, I feel I have become more proficient in my time management and have learned better goal setting techniques which are important when on an unrestricted schedule. My experience with the faculty has been positive. My professors have provided not only a comprehensive curriculum, but also personal guidance and possible career opportunities through networking. My professors have never waited for struggling students to present themselves but rather show an active and sincere interest in their development by taking a proactive approach in searching for students who are struggling with the material and providing opportunities to extra instruction or direction to tutoring. I have been fortunate enough to receive such extra instruction which has greatly improved my confidence with UMUC. UMUC’s new website is extremely user-friendly and easy to learn. I have never felt fatigued from “trying to navigate” the website as I have experienced with other schools. In my opinion, few other websites can compare and it was a huge leap from the previous website. I look forward to the completion of my undergraduate here.

Yahaya

I love the school, the school has great learning environment, it is very great and the professors are readily available to assist students. The online courses are very flexible to the working adults and it is easy to navigate compared to other online schools.

Katina

Since enrolling, I have had good and bad experiences with the University of Maryland-University College (UMUC). I am happy to report that there have been far more good experiences than bad. I have had some minor issues with the school's financial aid office in learning their process and what to expect. There has been one instance where my financial aid funds were affected by a staff error but it was resolved in a timely manner. The only other negative experience I have had was with a professor which was due to my misinterpretation of an assignment's instructions. The professor was understanding and I was able to make up for my misunderstanding of what was expected. For the most part, I have had a pleasant experience attending UMUC online. The structure of the online learning environment is very safe and user-friendly. I have not had any difficulty in learning to manipulate the school's online portal to access and complete my assignments. My professors have been approachable, knowledgeable, and helpful. Being able to take classes online has made it possible for me finish my degree while raising three young children. My skill set and confidence level have been growing steadily with each completed semester. I have been recommending UMUC to first-time and returning students because the application process is simple, the class structure is so flexible, and it is possible to transfer any credits you received elsewhere. Overall, I have had some minor setbacks due to simple human error but I have not been disappointed.

Cabrea

Greatest decision I have ever made after attending a Community College. It is very convenient and easy to understand. The professors are easy to access in addition to tutors and study tools. This college is definitely convenient for those who work a lot or have a family. I highly recommend.

Force. M

The University is such a very good one that provides the required skills in students. The learning environment is very conducive and the there is enough space or class rooms for all the students to be accommodated. There are good intellectuals at the University who guide the students on many and different areas of study.

Maegan

No so the best nznzjzkzkmznxizaiama nakkzizkzkakkakaaa llzkixiciiswiwjsnsms mmmmmm mznzjkziss skozozkkzkzs skkkkkzkzkzkzkxkxixkxkxkkxzkskksskksksksksssss smsssmsmsmsksksksksksksksksssksksksssskssksskskkskskskkkkkkzksmsmsmssskosksosksosksmsksksndoxxoajznxkskkxx

Joshua

This college is nearly all online. The classes are typically 8 weeks long, so that makes it easy to get a degree fast. The classes are not outrageously expensive and typically have 30ish people in them. The professors are hit or miss. Sometimes you have one that really tries to teach, other times not so much. If you're looking for a degree, this is the place to go. If you are looking for something challenging, go somewhere else.

Michelle

The University of Maryland is an exceptional higher education facility that I am blessed to have the honor to attend. Everyone on campus is friendly, including students, staff, and faculty. The atmosphere on campus is very accepting and positive. The school itself is beautiful and can brighten any mood with just a quick walk around campus.

Celine

I've had great professors only so far, and i've enjoyed every single one of my classes. Every professor in my two writing classes, my research class and my psychology class has provided us, the students, with the knowledge we needed to excel on exams and quizzes, as well as papers. The faculty was always willing to answer questions after class or via e-mail.

It’s mostly an online college so most of these questions don’t apply. I can tell you that the online course content does not match the questions on quizzes or tests, making it extremely difficult at times. Some professor have big heads and will mark you wrong for everything.