University of Massachusetts-Boston

« See more reviews of University of Massachusetts-Boston

U Mass Boston is a commuter school. 92% of the students are from Massachusetts. 59% of the student body is women. Compared to the other schools I also applied to; U Mass Amherst and Northeastern University; U Mass Boston has the largest diversity mix of 45% White, 18% Asian, 13% Black, 13% Hispanic , and 10% unreported. I find it more diverse, and that's always unique when comparing schools. Most universities and colleges in Boston have a much higher percentage of whites than any other race/culture. When you step onto the U Mass Boston campus, right away you notice.

The location is the most unique aspect to my school. It is completely sorrounded by the ocean. Although it is not a big campus, it is beautiful and inspiring. When I am sitting in the eighth floor of my library, I can see the ocean around me. It helps me focused and stay calm while working on school work. It doesn't feel as if I am in a place where I don't want to be.

I heard a lot of good things about the school. When i went to the orientation they made me feel very much a t home. The school doesn' have dorms so they make it a point to make sure that people get involed. I lked that because in some schools a lot of the people are alienated and do their own thing. I feel a sense of community in this school and I like that.

The most unique thing about my school, hands down, is that there is no on campus housing. I attend a commuter campus which is still, contrary to popular belief, a very prestigious 4 year university. I don't think I can name any other schools in Massachusetts that have those seemingly, almost "oxy-moron" like qualities.

The University of Massachusetts-Boston is filled with a diverse amount of people from all over the world. The community has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The skills acquired within the academic programs provide an excellent opportunity to excel in the outside job market.

My college does not have dorms, but has off-campus housing. It is a commuter school and has a different campus life than other schools, which I found to be interesting and influenced my decision for the school i chose.

Commuter school so no on-campus housing. Very small class sizes despite large undregrad population.

Diversity