University of Massachusetts-Boston Top Questions

Eva

The location is the most unique aspect to my school. It is completely sorrounded by the ocean. Although it is not a big campus, it is beautiful and inspiring. When I am sitting in the eighth floor of my library, I can see the ocean around me. It helps me focused and stay calm while working on school work. It doesn't feel as if I am in a place where I don't want to be.

rachel

The University of Massachusetts-Boston is filled with a diverse amount of people from all over the world. The community has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The skills acquired within the academic programs provide an excellent opportunity to excel in the outside job market.

Ben

Commuter school so no on-campus housing. Very small class sizes despite large undregrad population.

Taisha

I heard a lot of good things about the school. When i went to the orientation they made me feel very much a t home. The school doesn' have dorms so they make it a point to make sure that people get involed. I lked that because in some schools a lot of the people are alienated and do their own thing. I feel a sense of community in this school and I like that.

My college does not have dorms, but has off-campus housing. It is a commuter school and has a different campus life than other schools, which I found to be interesting and influenced my decision for the school i chose.

U Mass Boston is a commuter school. 92% of the students are from Massachusetts. 59% of the student body is women. Compared to the other schools I also applied to; U Mass Amherst and Northeastern University; U Mass Boston has the largest diversity mix of 45% White, 18% Asian, 13% Black, 13% Hispanic , and 10% unreported. I find it more diverse, and that's always unique when comparing schools. Most universities and colleges in Boston have a much higher percentage of whites than any other race/culture. When you step onto the U Mass Boston campus, right away you notice.

Brandy

The most unique thing about my school, hands down, is that there is no on campus housing. I attend a commuter campus which is still, contrary to popular belief, a very prestigious 4 year university. I don't think I can name any other schools in Massachusetts that have those seemingly, almost "oxy-moron" like qualities.

Maria