North Dartmouth, MA
University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

Joshua

Smart, Hardworking and chill students but all are focused on what they want and how to get it.

Focus. College is not 13th grade and you are completly in charge of your own education. Dont just do your work: know your matierial. Gain as much from this as you can because it will stay with you your entire life. Semesters really aren't that long to learn a subject. Buckle down, stay up late, and understand your stuff. Its the best advice I can give.

People who are undecided about their major because its a pain to change.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, i would probably tell myself to apply for more scholarships and financial aid. Although I did apply for some, I wish I applied for more scholarships as I currently have to take out large private loans to pay for school. The financial aid at my school goes by my parents' income, but I will be paying for school by myself, and I am not looking forward to having to repay so much money in loans. So in conclusion, I would tell my high school senior self to apply for many more scholarships!

I wish that I had known more of the job opportunities available.

All the buildings are concrete and can look dreary at times.

breanna

Umass Dartmouth is an amazing college to attend which offers many great opportunites.

Going back in time to my senior year I would offer myself some good advice I had never recieved. I would tell myself that yes, you are going to be going through a transition. You may take it easily while others struggle. I would also say you are going to no longer have your parents around to tell you what to do. Meaning your life is really in your own hands now. You are responsible for everything. One important thing you are responsible for is weather or not you go to class and weather or not you do your homework. And that you should always be responible and go to class and do your work. You need to get good grades to achieve in life. You are paying a lot of money for this great educate you should embrace it and not let it go to a waste. Lastly I would tell myself to have a little fun but, to remember to call home often and remember morals and your right from wrong.

When I brag to my friends I tell them how awsome of a school Umass Dartmouth really is. I tell them about how great the professors are and how its actually nice going to class. I say how nice life is here, peaceful. Everyone is kind and respectful and always willing to help you out. I also would tell my friends about the night life and all the exciting things to do on the weekends in the city and in surrounding cities.

Kelsey

I would tell myself not to stress high school so much, because college is more difficult. I would have also told myself to apply to more colleges and have visited more colleges.

Everything is within a reasonable walking distance, classes aren't too large, weekends are usually fun although a lot of people do go home.

Someone who is extremely conservative and/or wealthy.

Shawn

Thinking back to my early college days up until my junior year many lessons have been learned both as a transition from the high school world to college and into life as a whole. If I could advise myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that you need to chose wisely who you want your closest friends to be when you are initially getting to know people. Try finding friends in a similar major with similar interests and beliefs who you can rely on to be there in any situation. Four years is a long time to live with people that you want as good friends, so chose wisely. I would also advise to create good time management skills. Balancing social activities, working at a job, and focusing on studies can become overwhelming, but if the right habits are instilled early in a college career, success in all aspects of your liefe will be much easier to attain. Manage your life in such a way that your work is done with exceptional quality as well as being a reliable employee at a job, yet finding time to spend with your favorite loved ones and friends.

A person who becomes easily depressed should not attend this University. Due to it's location, in Southeastern Massachusetts, it receives a lot of wet weather. Many days it can be dreary weather, which would tend to make someone who becomes depressed more apt to do so. Also, from the nearby ocean, there is generally a lot of wind on campus, which, when combined with the wind would make someone like this tend to stay inside and possibly alone more often.

Todd

A small campus in a rural setting but not far from a large city.

A small campus in a rural setting but not far from a large city.

School best know for its committment to studewnts.

In high school, many teachers often extended the time allotted for passing in work. Soon students were not taking deadlines very seriously and work was always late. This upset me as I tried to always complete work on time, but i soon subcumbed to this also. In college I learned that if a deadline was a certain day at a certain hour, if later by as much as one minute, the work was not accepted and a failing grade was recorded. I would be sure I continued to always have my work done on time or ahead of time and develop this as a habit.

Allison

My classmates are all really artistic like me and for the most part willing to learn. However there are the occzsional slackers who don't put the time and effort into their work but it makes me realize why it is so important to me to work hard.

If i could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior i think i would advise myself to put myself out there more when i first arrived at school, to meet a wide varitey of people. I also would tell myslef to make smarter decisions when it came to peer pressure and to trust my gut when a situation doesn't feel like a good idea. One of the best things it took me a few months to learn is that it is okay to spend time alone, in the library and taking a day to do nothing. In the beginning I comporsmised studying and relaxation time to hang out with people and it can take a lot of energy to do that all the time.

The most frustrating thing about my school is dealing with people who still act like they are in high school and don't take their classes seriously.

Paris

There are so many different ethnic and cultural backgrounds that no two people are the same, for the most part they are studious and have great school spirit.

Go into college with an open mind and willingness to work hard and try new things. College is all about performing to your highest to potential with the resources given to you. What ever resources you do not have you will acquire the skills to go and retreive them. Persistance is a skill needed in college and motivation pays off in the long run. Do not be afriad to try new things and experience something you have never experienced before. College is the time where you truely find yourself and can decide to start fresh or progress from where you left off, either way your future is in your hands. The opportunity is in front of you and it is your choice to take advantage of it or not. There is so much freedom in college but do not let the space and opportunity get you caught up in the moment, just like in the real world every action has result or consequence. Enjoy the experience while achieving goals. Stay focused and make memories to last a life time.

Someone who is devoted to their success and open minded.

Evan

Although the commuting population at UMASS Dartmouth is about 50% of enrollment, the school maintains a very active sence of community. Most of the non-resident students are very active in school sponsored activities such as the theatre group, intermural sports and spend considerable time on campus to study in the library, work with student peer tutoring, and to attend the many sporting events. For such a high number of commuters, the school really has wonderful school spirit and an active student body. This is what I think makes UMASS Darthmouth unique and very appealing.

I would recommend to Evan the high school senior that he should enjoy his final year of high school by getting involved in student activities and clubs. It is the best year of school and by getting involved in different groups, you meet new people and develop your social skills. This is a huge advantage when you go off to college where there are so many different people from a variety of backgrounds. Yet another suggestion is to learn how to use your time. While in high school you go from class to class without really having to think too much about it. College on the other hand takes planning, organizing and following through on your daily schedule. I guess the right term is to learn time management skills. Yet another suggestion would be to not room with a friend, but be assigned a room with a complete stranger. This will force you to learn to live with someone you do not know and may keep your relationship with your current friend intact. Finally, try and work a part-time job so you have a few dollars in your pocket. Mom and Dad are paying enough already. Enjoy college Evan.

A person who is seeking a college that offers excellent academic programs as well as an active campus life. UMASS Dartmouth located 70 miles south of Boston is a great location and offers many alternatives for students to get involved in the school community. Students come from many areas and bring a variety of different backgrounds and diversity to the campus. I recommend UMASS Dartmouth to anyone interstest in a fine education as well as an upbeat and active college experience.

University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.