North Dartmouth, MA
University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

Nia

I love the music department, but my school is boring as hell.

I love the music department, but my school is boring as hell.

My school is best known for its nursing and business programs.

To put myself first and not let a boy affect my life so drastically. Something I thought I could never get past, I did get past. No one is worth your education and your mental health. It is okay to have a social life but it shouldn't interfere with school. Don't let your family, your friends or significant others try to make decisions for you, it is your decision to stay in school. Don't give up because of financial difficulties. Become the opera singer you always wanted to be and don't let anyone stand in your way.

Timothy

Never surrender your personal integrity. Somewhere along the line, a large segment of the population has received and embraced the message that it is acceptable to be dishonest, to not tell the truth, and to succeed at any cost. The rational that many individuals present to justify such shameless behavior is: If everyone else is cheating, stealing, plagiarizing or lying, then it is not a level playing field if you do not engage in those activities as well. The lack of personal integrity directly and precariously sabotages our society and devalues us as individuals. Ultimately, these transgressions pass back to us in the form of increasted costs. More importantly, it threatens the very foundation our nation was fashioned upon; namely, truth, honor, and fairness for all. We cannot help ourselves and others attain a better life if we do not first and foremost hold ourselves to a high standard. Life is not always fair, but continually taking the easy way can become a malicious habit extending into graduate school, jobs, and relationships. The temptations are great and we cannot legislate morality, therefore, we must as individuals hold fast to "honesty before advantage" and make a better world for all.

My high school prepared me quite well adacemically and morally for higher education. As with all schools, roommate relations can be an issue. Concrete, practical skills in dealing with individual differences, study styles, and backgrounds would be helpful for all potential students.

Individuals who appreciate a great deal of value for their tuition dollar.

Dylan

I would tell myself to take things slow and concentrate on one thing at a time. To prepare to be more independent and to teach myself with the guidance of a professor, instead of copying and cramming. I would tell myself that time management should be a main focus because there are so many social oppurtunities. I would stress the need for balancing all aspects of academic and social life, and remembering that academics is the main focus. I would remind myself that i am now paying for this education and these loans are more than numbers on paper. I would also tell that high school senior to live up to his own expectations, not to live up to the "womanizer" or "party animal" because those labels won't get you too far. I would tell that senior that college is whatever he wants it to be and that is all up to him.

The independence it gives students. No one is trying to make you do well in the classes. The university makes/allows you to teach and build yourself and make your own education. Some students really slack and can't thrive under these circumstances. For me it is a motivator because i can seperate myself from the other students.

I have a 4.0 and try extremely hard in the umass honors program so i brag about my academics, small classes, and the things i take away from them. Also the fact that the university is minutes away from the ocean. I also brag about the perfect size of the college because it is a large school but small enough where you know alot of the people around you. I brag about the great parties while being proud the it isnt just a party school.

Catherine

The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth is distinguished in many fields. The College of Visual and Performing Arts itself is as distiguished as an accredited art college with successful allumni.

Umass Dartmouth is different then the other schools that i considered because it is a University rather then an Art School. I wanted to be a well rounded student and take classes in a variety of fields that a regular art college wouldn't allow me to do. Umass also had the "college" atmosphere that I wanted.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school seinor i would deffinatly give myself a few pieces of advice. One peice would be to get a second job and work work work. College is expesive, the life, the food, books and the supplies. Also, i would tell myself to to start looking for a job right when you get there. I waited until i could work for Campus Services, and even though it is an awesome job, i could be doing it for non-work study and doing a desk job for work-study and be making more money. The final piece of advice would be NOT to go out with Chris. it ends badly with a lot of heart ache so run while you still can.

Joshua

Smart, Hardworking and chill students but all are focused on what they want and how to get it.

Focus. College is not 13th grade and you are completly in charge of your own education. Dont just do your work: know your matierial. Gain as much from this as you can because it will stay with you your entire life. Semesters really aren't that long to learn a subject. Buckle down, stay up late, and understand your stuff. Its the best advice I can give.

People who are undecided about their major because its a pain to change.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, i would probably tell myself to apply for more scholarships and financial aid. Although I did apply for some, I wish I applied for more scholarships as I currently have to take out large private loans to pay for school. The financial aid at my school goes by my parents' income, but I will be paying for school by myself, and I am not looking forward to having to repay so much money in loans. So in conclusion, I would tell my high school senior self to apply for many more scholarships!

I wish that I had known more of the job opportunities available.

All the buildings are concrete and can look dreary at times.

breanna

Umass Dartmouth is an amazing college to attend which offers many great opportunites.

Going back in time to my senior year I would offer myself some good advice I had never recieved. I would tell myself that yes, you are going to be going through a transition. You may take it easily while others struggle. I would also say you are going to no longer have your parents around to tell you what to do. Meaning your life is really in your own hands now. You are responsible for everything. One important thing you are responsible for is weather or not you go to class and weather or not you do your homework. And that you should always be responible and go to class and do your work. You need to get good grades to achieve in life. You are paying a lot of money for this great educate you should embrace it and not let it go to a waste. Lastly I would tell myself to have a little fun but, to remember to call home often and remember morals and your right from wrong.

When I brag to my friends I tell them how awsome of a school Umass Dartmouth really is. I tell them about how great the professors are and how its actually nice going to class. I say how nice life is here, peaceful. Everyone is kind and respectful and always willing to help you out. I also would tell my friends about the night life and all the exciting things to do on the weekends in the city and in surrounding cities.

Kelsey

I would tell myself not to stress high school so much, because college is more difficult. I would have also told myself to apply to more colleges and have visited more colleges.

Everything is within a reasonable walking distance, classes aren't too large, weekends are usually fun although a lot of people do go home.

Someone who is extremely conservative and/or wealthy.

Shawn

Thinking back to my early college days up until my junior year many lessons have been learned both as a transition from the high school world to college and into life as a whole. If I could advise myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that you need to chose wisely who you want your closest friends to be when you are initially getting to know people. Try finding friends in a similar major with similar interests and beliefs who you can rely on to be there in any situation. Four years is a long time to live with people that you want as good friends, so chose wisely. I would also advise to create good time management skills. Balancing social activities, working at a job, and focusing on studies can become overwhelming, but if the right habits are instilled early in a college career, success in all aspects of your liefe will be much easier to attain. Manage your life in such a way that your work is done with exceptional quality as well as being a reliable employee at a job, yet finding time to spend with your favorite loved ones and friends.

A person who becomes easily depressed should not attend this University. Due to it's location, in Southeastern Massachusetts, it receives a lot of wet weather. Many days it can be dreary weather, which would tend to make someone who becomes depressed more apt to do so. Also, from the nearby ocean, there is generally a lot of wind on campus, which, when combined with the wind would make someone like this tend to stay inside and possibly alone more often.

University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.