North Dartmouth, MA
University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

Evan

Although the commuting population at UMASS Dartmouth is about 50% of enrollment, the school maintains a very active sence of community. Most of the non-resident students are very active in school sponsored activities such as the theatre group, intermural sports and spend considerable time on campus to study in the library, work with student peer tutoring, and to attend the many sporting events. For such a high number of commuters, the school really has wonderful school spirit and an active student body. This is what I think makes UMASS Darthmouth unique and very appealing.

I would recommend to Evan the high school senior that he should enjoy his final year of high school by getting involved in student activities and clubs. It is the best year of school and by getting involved in different groups, you meet new people and develop your social skills. This is a huge advantage when you go off to college where there are so many different people from a variety of backgrounds. Yet another suggestion is to learn how to use your time. While in high school you go from class to class without really having to think too much about it. College on the other hand takes planning, organizing and following through on your daily schedule. I guess the right term is to learn time management skills. Yet another suggestion would be to not room with a friend, but be assigned a room with a complete stranger. This will force you to learn to live with someone you do not know and may keep your relationship with your current friend intact. Finally, try and work a part-time job so you have a few dollars in your pocket. Mom and Dad are paying enough already. Enjoy college Evan.

A person who is seeking a college that offers excellent academic programs as well as an active campus life. UMASS Dartmouth located 70 miles south of Boston is a great location and offers many alternatives for students to get involved in the school community. Students come from many areas and bring a variety of different backgrounds and diversity to the campus. I recommend UMASS Dartmouth to anyone interstest in a fine education as well as an upbeat and active college experience.

Steven

Umass Dartmouth is cold, miserable, and depressing.

Umass Dartmouth is cold, miserable, and depressing.

Dont settle for something just because its there and easy. Work hard and push yourself to do more than you think you can.

I dont brag about my school, Theres not much positive to say except for about my major. The professors in the Material Science department are the most helpful in the school by far.

Shannon

I wanted a school closer to home but with a flexable schedule and easy campus commuting. UMD was the only school around that fit all my needs. After I took a tour of UMD, I fell in love with the campus. It offered so much and I couldn't wait to take advantage of it all.

I would have taken college more seriously as a senior. I never knew how much time management, commuting and price ranges for semesters really mattered until it was the 11th hour. I wish I had prepared myself with more college tours, looked into all my financial plans and got to know each campus before I agreed the last minute. I was very happy with my decision, but friends that go further away have many more opportunities and advantages I'll never see due to my lack of preperation. I can't change my decision, I can just help future students.

Anyone who wants a great education should attend UMass Dartmouth. I believe it takes strong work ethics and the dedication to earning your degree and UMD provides those challenges. I loved UMD because it opened up doors to financial aid, flexable schedules and easy campus directory.

Fahad

I'd probably tell myself it is not worth going to college and spending the money. yes, college is important, but even after graduating from college, I don't expect to get a decent job with a decent pay. Rather than attending college, it would have been wise for me to invest the money in a business. At least that way, I would have been able to tell my self: "Its my fault that I am not making any money, not the 'economy'..."

The school does not have much activity going on at any given time of the year. There are very small activities, but it can be hardly said that it is an active college. Life becomes somewhat boring after a while.

The size. The library is only 2 floors and probably smaller than a town library. Some of the teachers in the school are very ill informed and they pass these wrong information to their students.

Joseph

I would have applied to way more colleges/Universities. Also would have taken the scholarship process more seriously. Lastly, would emphasize how important freshman year transition is.

A person who doesn't like a commuter campus with minimal social events/

Melissa

Study hard and make sure you have a good time. You will make lots of friends and appriciate everyone of them.

I knew everything I needed to know when coming here.

I don't really find anything wrong with my school, it's nice I like it here.

Kathleen

It has both a highly respected nursing program and engineering program. It is considered a good value for the cost. It is constructed mostly of concrete.

You never really know if it's thr right school until you get there and start classes. I know this can be frustrating but this is why making the most informed choice possible is so important. You need to find out what is important to you in a school, campus, and student body. Don't forget, while the class quality is important, you are also making yourself a part of a pre-existing community. Talk to as many current students and faculty as possible; preferably those in your chosen field of study. Once you are at the school you have chosen, get involved! Even on the smallest campuses, there are ways to meet new, interesting people. Surround yourself with people who have the same goals as you and they will only help you on your endevors. Try to stay away from people who just want to be there to party. Parties are fun and I don't suggest avoiding them entirely but you still want to make it to your sophomore year. Pay attention to when your classes are and try to sign up for ones that meet your ideal studying schedule and social calendar. Most importantly, enjoy the ride.

A lot of people complain about the school and a large percentage of people go home on the weekends. Also, the resident dining hall is inconsistant, unappealing, and barely open on weekends. It is very difficult to get in more than one meal there on the weekends. This only makes going home more condusive.

Tyshell

The best advice i can give to both parents and students about finding the right college and its experiences is to take advantage of all options and resources. If there are any schools your interested in you should apply to all of them no matter what even if you dont think you can afford them or its too far from home , you never know what will happen until you make an effort. Student should also search for schools that have activites they would be interested in because thats apart of the college experience. Also both parents and students should plan ahead financially because there are a lot of unexpected cost of being a college student from things like curriculum support fees to health insurance and miscellanious expenseces like food, they residential food does get tiring after awhile. Remember college is a time for experiences and learning to be on your own so try to chose a school that has a little distance from home but is close enough where you can still make it home when your in the mood for a home cooked meal which mostlikely you will crave after a while.

I believe the best thing about my school is the availability of activities and people. There are numerous clubs and organizations to get involved in. This makes it easy to meet new people a feel welcomed.

Trying to understand some of the teacher is very difficult, also the schedual they have for class selecton is frustrating.

Jeanette

explore as many colleges as possible before choosing and always have a back up choice.

Christopher

When choosing a college make sure that you don't let the college experience aspect make your decision for you. You're going to get that where ever you go. Just think about what you would like to study and find what colleges have the best curriculum for that subject and if you ready to put your mind and soul into that subject then your decision will be made.

There is not just one type of person that should attend this school. All types of people would like this school if there ready to do what they need to do to graduate.

Nothing is really frustrating. I guess you could just say the walks to class in the rain and snow. But overall there is nothing really to complain about.

University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.