North Dartmouth, MA
University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

Antel

I really enjoy this school because it is very diverse and it has a lot of different programs and opportunities for the students to partaken in. I also enjoy this school because it is a good size, it's not too big or too small. The classes are a good size and the professors are very involved with the students and most of the time they are on a name bases with the students.

Ali
Don't regret as an international student in my choice.

Don't regret as an international student in my choice.

Really happy that selected this University for my MBA degree, great value school Affordable but with World class faculty. Big population of international students, huge opportunity for school to become more valuable in coming years. Their Marine school, Charlton College of Business, Business incubator in Fall river - are huge assets that not all schools in New England may afford

victoria
Review

it's not that great to be honest.

Review

it's not that great to be honest.

Zachary

I am from a community that is predominantly Caucasian, and Catholic. I have lived in my neighborhood for my whole life. Attending Umass has shown me the wide range of diversity that is present around me. This realization of diversity has made me see the world as I know it in a different fashion which is good, because I am becoming less ignorant to diversity.

When I was a high school senior I was so scared to go to college because of the change in my home life. I had never moved before, and going to college requires some sort of moving. When I made the transition into my dorm I was not happy, because it was not home. After weeks of living on campus I got used to the new lifestyle that I had started. Looking back a few months I would tell my past self that in life transitions happen not often, usually, and that is what makes them hard. The hardest part of a transition like moving into a dorm, is actually putting up with your parents for the day. After the actual transition is made everything is usually smooth sailing from there. I am happy with my current living situation on campus, for two reasons. The first is obvious which is independence, every college students dream, but for me I feel that it is a life skill that is going to help me. The second reason is that it really shows me that transitions are not that bad, and that doing things that scary at first will probably turn out fine.

There seems to be a high drop out rate, which is not specific to Umass, but Umass is included in the high drop out rate percentage. I would like to see people who are truly struggling in what they are trying to accomplish succeed. In the long run college will be a very expensive investment, but in the long run it will all pay off.

Victor

The art program offes a variety of fields to pursue a degree in.

The art program offes a variety of fields to pursue a degree in.

How much time was needed to do well in my class. It becomes difficult when trying to juggle the work load plus an after school job.

CAROLINE

Challenging, difficult, competitive and well prepared are words to describe my personal experience obtaining my BSN.

If I could go back in time to my high school senior self I would tell myself to stop worrying and live for the moment you are in, continue to work hard and you will accomplish your goals in life. Be who you are and do what you want. Remember to be appreciative for all the opportunities you have had and continue to do new things and expand your horizons. Sounds so simple, yet my high school senior self did not know this and a lot of time, energy and worry was spent on unncecessary matters.

The opportunity for growth and excelling in the nursing field. I consider myself very lucky to have the time, resources and opportunity to return to school to further my knowledge base and improve my performance and understanding as a nurse.

Celina

My high school is best known for its diversity. Students who attend Brockton High come from all walks of life. Whether it be their social status, religion, sexual orientation, or their ethnicity, they are all very diverse.

Take more risks, is what I would say to myself. By my senior year of high school my grades were the best they had ever been. I was in the top 10% of my class and had a close to perfect GPA. What I regret most is only applying to colleges that I would consider safety schools. There is no reason why I could not have been accepted to colleges and universities with more challenging acceptance rates. I would tell myself to quit fearing the possibility of rejection and realize my worth. I would also tell myself that there is no shame in being rejected from a top university because no matter where I end up, I would continue to be successful as a student. With that being said, I would also tell myself that I would not end up anywhere if I continued to procrastinate with college related responsibilities. I would say that procrastination would become my worst enemy if I continued with it. And to conclude, I would tell myself that it will become very important to prioritize my responsibilities in the near future.

A person who is not independent and responsible should not attend this school. Teachers and staff at Brockton High School present various opportunities and tools to their students that will aid in their success. Students who are not independent and responsible for their own education will not take advantage of what is being presented to them. Those who are not responsible will not use the recources given to them, which to me, is a waste.

Cristina

Knowing what I know now about college, I would've told my past high school senior self to get up and get a job. I always knew that college was expensive but I never knew it was this expensive. The total income in my household is less than $10,000 a year, and my school UMASS Dartmouth costs almost triple that. I thought that my financial aid would cover most of it so that I would only have to pay a couple hundred dollars a year, but i recently found out that I am going to have to pay about $6,000 a year. If I would have gotten a job in high school and saved all that money then I probably would have at least been able to pay one year of college, but since I didnt I might not even be able to. I wish that I could go back in time and tell myself this because I really needed to hear this at that time. Now I'm struggling to find scholarships that I could actually apply for.

The one thing I wish I knew before I came to my school was that it cost a lot of money. My household makes less than $10,000 a year and my school costs almost triple that. My financial aid covers most of it but I still have a huge chunk I have to pay myself. If I knew that it was going to cost this much I would of gotten a job when I was younger and put all the money I earned in a savings account.

I can't really complain about my school, but the one thing that I do hate is that it is so far away from home. UMASS Dartmouth is two hours away from my house so anytime I want to visit my family I have to drive to hours to their house and then drive two more hours back to campus.

Jeffrey

Start assignments early. Perform research independently from the classroom. Don't stress out.

The school is very diverse. Different perspectives help shed light on an individual's strengths and weaknesses.

University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.