North Dartmouth, MA
University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

Brian

A decent financial aid package

A decent financial aid package

I would tell my high school senior self that the transition to college is as hard as I decide to make it for myself. I should make the effort to get to know people and join student associations. The key is to be friendly and genuine. College life will bring lots of temptations in the form of wild parties and drinking. Remember to focus on academics first. Academics will open to way to Graduate school and then a well-paying career. Remember that this will need time and effort. It will also be important to help peers with their academics too if they are showing a genuine effort to do well. Don't let the chronic disease which you have had for a year so far as a reason to not give my school-work one hundred percent of your effort. Your health will need time for healing. Life will move on though, and school cannot be put on delay. Go ahead with memory impiarment, exhaustion, and misunderstanding from other people. It doesn't matter if you make it or fail. What is important to try your best and being able to look back and give an approving nod.

Having poor memory. I have organic brain damage due to Epstein Barr virus. Despite having poor memory, I have managed a 3.7 GPA as an Undergraduate and earned a BA with a status of Magna cum Laude. I am one semester away now of finishing my Master's Degree in Education with a GPA of 3.97 and accomplishing this with a rank of Sigma cum Laude. Nevertheless, my GPA's could both have been better with a decent memory and perfect health. It irk's me that I have been given a bad apple.

Miranda

If i had the oppotunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school i wouldnt even know where to start. The main thing that i would like to stress to myself would be to stay focused. I would tell myself to make my school work more important than cheerleading and boys because in college the professors wont hold my hand through all of my assignments. I would let myself know that the "senior-itis" may seem hard to fight in the begining but trying to get back on track in time for graduation will be much harder. I would really want myself to fully understand how much is being done for me in high school and how in college i wont have anyone pushing me to do homework. Other than all the seriousness i would just tell myself to enjoy senior year actually being a kid because after graduating the real world will be coming at full speed.

seila

one thing unique about the school that i attended is that it is very diverse. There is so much help around you if yu seek help it will be found. students are very involve in the school sports. there are amount of activities that the students can participate in. students tent to work very hard on their grades.

if i could go back to high school as a senior i would tell myself to apply for a a lot of scholarshhips and i would fill out my Fafsa paper on time. I would take private course that are equavelent to a freshman year in college.

Kora

If I could go back to when I was a high school senior I would tell myself to work harder. I would also tell my self to do what ever i could to get into college and not wait as long as I did. To go to college right after high school and take it more seriously. Dont just mess around and not go to college. I would tell myself to go to college right after high school with no argument because I now Know that going to college is very important.

AKOSUA

Umass is a fairly good school. It has a lot of campus facilities and the is a lot of diversity.

It would be to study hard and not fall for senioritis as i did and get into the school you really want to get into before realizing minuses like abesence of majors.

I would say the diversity

Hadassah

Dear Hadassah, I’m sure there were many times where you thought to yourself, “Hmm, if only I could go back in time and fix some mistakes that I have made in the past, or just anything that could make my life easier and better.” During your senior year in high school, you became very much involved in a youth group organization called NCSY. Being a part of this youth group was a very good thing and it looks good on your transcript, but the problem was that you always put it first, even before your homework which would sometimes cause you to slack off. You focused more on the extracurricular activities and socializing, causing your grades to slip. It is very important to remember that your senior year is the most critical point in highschool, and every little thing you do will make a difference in your future. Just strive to work as hard as you can to make the best grades possible, and leave the socializing for your spare time. Believe me, you won't regret that decision once you transition to college. Good luck on your future endeavors, Hadassah

A good amount of my classmates are content with doing the bare minimum.

A good amount of my classmates are content with doing the bare minimum.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself three things: you are a selfish brat, you are incredibly capable, and it is okay to say no to people. First, if I had seen myself as the selfish brat I was, I would have understood things more clearly. Most importantly that my mother is responsible for my well-being but only to a certain point. Her life doesn't start and end at being a mother. I behaved selfishly towards her during that period and I wish I had someone then to tell me so. Second, my education is of the utmost importance. I have had to overcome many obstacles over the years, but I am resilient and I have what it takes to achieve my goals and to be successful. However, hearing that when I wasn't so sure would've given me the confidence that I needed. Third, I was sexually assualted senior year. I was too afraid to say no when it mattered the most. I regret that night more than anything. Only by going away to college was I able to learn these things.

The best thing about my school is our library. It is very big and equipped to meet the needs of its students.

Katie

if i could go back and tell my high school senior self would be to make sure that i study for all of my tests.

one thing that i wish i had known was how much it rains.

Seth

If I went back in time and talked to myself as a high school senior, the advice I would give myself is that in college your responsible for everything you do and if you do not try your hardest and best to stay on top of things you will struggle and ultimately flung and all the money your parents invested in your education will go to waste.And make sure you make a good impression to your professor so they know that you are serious and intelligent student.In that case, if you ever need something from them or need help they not hesitate a minute in helping you with what you need.Also, TIME MANAGEMENT.

I love this school.I found out almost or a lot of information about Umass Dartmouth while in high school and through orientation before I came to this school.

I tell my friends back in my hometown that my school's dinning got renovated and resembles a five-star resturant and the food is great, going further to tell them the there's unlimited pizza, pasta,burgers,french fries,steak and cheese etc. so they can eat like there are at a buffet when they came down to visit me.And that in my building that i live in, we have a grill downstairs where students can buy food using allowance money given to each student based on their meal plan and also that we have a gym.

University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.