North Dartmouth, MA
University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

nathalia

I have learned that it is necessary to have a college degree to have a better paying job. And also many employers pick college graduates over high school graduates, and college graduates are more likely to make more money.

laura

I have gotton a lot of of my college experience, between classes and the social life I am a new and different person. I know who I am, where I am going, and what is important to me. I have learned how to be independent but still know how to ask for help when I need it. I have learned further information on important topics like morals, health, laws, and writing. I have learned how to live and cooperate with other people around me on daily basis. I have learned why education is so important, if I want to succeed I need to continue my education. I have gotton good grades for doing hard work and realized it is really rewarding. I have made friends that I feel will last a life time. I have gotton involved in my school and found that it is enjoyable to be apart of the community.

The worst thing about my school is the atmosphere. It is really depressing like a jail cell.

Rashida

The unique thing about this school is how financially affordable it is and it is also in a great location there are so many job opprotunites available nearby.

College is a great learning experiance. You not only learn things from books but you also learn about life and yourself. Everyone changes in college because it is such a fufilling experiance I honestly see no reason why one should not attend college.

The best thing about this school is the opprotunites. There are amazing professers here and so many internships available.

Justine

I began college immediately after highschool. I assumed it was "just the next step". I was told that I "had to go in order to get a good job". I went to college to become a nurse. In the four years that I attended I became more than a nurse. I became an individual, an independant young woman will career goals and aspirations. In the four years I attended college I made lifelong friends, I bacame oriented to student govronment and played a large role in public relations within my campus. Had I opted out of going to college, I would not have had the opportunity to be as succesful as I am today. College teaches a young person discipline, time management, prioritization and socialization. A college education is invaluable in today's economy and had I not attended, I would not have a successful career as a registered nurse or aspirations to become a nurse educator.

There is no one kind of person that should attend this school. It is made for everyone. There are hundreds of campus organizations, sports and recreational activities to participate in. You just have to be willing to join!

UMASS Dartmouth is a very large campus, so initially it is difficult to figure out where your classes are located. Once you get the hang of all of the buildings, it is a peice of cake... all of the buildings are set up similarly!

Attending college has taught me many different things. Most obvious is the learning I have done in the classroom. I have learned better research methods, study habits, and note taking skills over the past three years. I have learned that professors and other professionals are willing to help if you ask them for it. This is important for networking, which I have learned is the most effective job search method. Being a part of Rotaract and living with other people has taught me a lot about leadership, organization, and teamwork. I have worked with people with opposing views and have had to make compromises to accomplish our goals. I have lived with people who come from different backgrounds and different skills. These have taught me that I am a leader and I am good at seeing people?s strengths and drawing on them to make sure everything runs smoothly, no matter the situation. It has been valuable for me to attend because I have learned a lot about who I really am and now appreciate the way I was brought up. I am now confident to stand up for myself and go after what I want for the future.

On of the worst things about UMass Dartmouth is the lack of open stores or grills open on the weekend. There is one campus store, a grill, and a coffee shop that are open during the week but not the weekend. I understand it is cost effective to have reduced hours on the weekend but a lot of students look for food on the weekend or need small groceries or things like toothpaste or toilet paper. For students who do not have cars on campus, they have to go a whole weekend without these things which is inconvenient for them.

One of the most frustrating things about UMass Dartmouth is the miscommunication between departments. A lot of times students will have a question about refunds or financial aid or meal plans and each department gives them a different answer and then sends them to another department to receive yet another answer. This can be very confusing for students. It would be helpful for the departments and staff to focus only on their jobs and send students to the right department without giving them an answer that they are unsure of.

Brendan

Helpful, friendly and easy to work with.

Helpful, friendly and easy to work with.

Attending college has been the best experience of my life. As a child I always hoped to pursue higher education and Thankfully through the support of friends and family I?ve have achieved that success. I?ve found through my college experience that I have a real calling to language arts and writing. Working with my professors and classmates I have learned to look at the world in a completely different perspective. To analytically look at every situation and make conscious educated decisions, hopefully leading to vocational success. I?ve learned about so many interesting fields that were never before within my grasp. Through the guidance of the faculty, I have come one step closer to my ultimate goal; to become a college professor in rhetorical theory and to pass on the wonderful knowledge I?ve learned to the next generation of youth enrolled in higher education. I have attended the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth for four years and plan to enroll in the upcoming fall 2010 semester for graduate studies in the professional writing field if finances permit.

Finding additional help with finances. I get some help but unfortunately college is very expensive!

Julia

UMass Dartmouth is a gloomy school in both looks and atmosphere.

UMass Dartmouth is a gloomy school in both looks and atmosphere.

I would tell myself that you can never try to many things. College is a time to enjoy, you should be able to experience life and learn anything you desire. Go to college to make yourself happy not anyone else. Even with the needs and expectations of parents there are ways to go around any problems. If finances become an isssue research scholarships, go talk to your financial aid office, work with people to help yourself. My final words to myself would be : "Do not be afraid to be yourself, love yourself and what you do."

A person who is looking to enjoy their social life in college, and who will benefit from a low key academic career. This would be a great school for someone who doesn't necessarily want to go to college but needs to or is forced to go.

Haja

Knowing what I know now, while in high school I would have probably took my classes a tad bit more seriously. I would have looked for more scholarships. I would have decided on what I was going to do at that time, so when I arrive at college I wouldn't waste any time thinking about what I am going to do for the rest of my life. I would have most likely looked into other schools in Massachusetts because I live approximately seven minutes away from my house. But other than those examples I would have done the same thing I had done before.

The worst thing about our school is the freshmen dorms are old and gross.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is a lazy person. A person can fail by being lazy because where are classes are you have to walk a mile to get to. Our school is challenging so there isnt much room for laziness.

Joshua

The price. Great education at a great price.

The price. Great education at a great price.

If I could go back to when I was a Senior in High School I would tell myself to just relax. I have picked a great school that has a great campas, teachers and opportunity for employment if needed.

Nicholas

The unique thing about my school is that it is made up entirely concrete. All the buildings look pretty bland and are nothing fun to look at. The main academic buildings are all identical to their structure and it does create some unique feel to it by the designs that were made.

Do not worry about college. You will grow into your own person in this time span. Do'nt rush it, and do not give up on what you want to do with your life. It's your life to live so choose with your heart and follow it whether it be to a solid goal/career or some undefined one. There are four years to choose what you want to do with your life after school and you can take some extra time if you need to so do not feel ashamed if this happens. With that said, you're friends will both come and go, but the bonds that you will form at what ever college you indeed decide to go to, will stay with you forever. Live your life to the fullest and get involved as quickly as possible, because the best four or more years of your life await.

University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.