North Dartmouth, MA
University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

Attending college has taught me many different things. Most obvious is the learning I have done in the classroom. I have learned better research methods, study habits, and note taking skills over the past three years. I have learned that professors and other professionals are willing to help if you ask them for it. This is important for networking, which I have learned is the most effective job search method. Being a part of Rotaract and living with other people has taught me a lot about leadership, organization, and teamwork. I have worked with people with opposing views and have had to make compromises to accomplish our goals. I have lived with people who come from different backgrounds and different skills. These have taught me that I am a leader and I am good at seeing people?s strengths and drawing on them to make sure everything runs smoothly, no matter the situation. It has been valuable for me to attend because I have learned a lot about who I really am and now appreciate the way I was brought up. I am now confident to stand up for myself and go after what I want for the future.

On of the worst things about UMass Dartmouth is the lack of open stores or grills open on the weekend. There is one campus store, a grill, and a coffee shop that are open during the week but not the weekend. I understand it is cost effective to have reduced hours on the weekend but a lot of students look for food on the weekend or need small groceries or things like toothpaste or toilet paper. For students who do not have cars on campus, they have to go a whole weekend without these things which is inconvenient for them.

One of the most frustrating things about UMass Dartmouth is the miscommunication between departments. A lot of times students will have a question about refunds or financial aid or meal plans and each department gives them a different answer and then sends them to another department to receive yet another answer. This can be very confusing for students. It would be helpful for the departments and staff to focus only on their jobs and send students to the right department without giving them an answer that they are unsure of.

Brendan

Helpful, friendly and easy to work with.

Helpful, friendly and easy to work with.

Attending college has been the best experience of my life. As a child I always hoped to pursue higher education and Thankfully through the support of friends and family I?ve have achieved that success. I?ve found through my college experience that I have a real calling to language arts and writing. Working with my professors and classmates I have learned to look at the world in a completely different perspective. To analytically look at every situation and make conscious educated decisions, hopefully leading to vocational success. I?ve learned about so many interesting fields that were never before within my grasp. Through the guidance of the faculty, I have come one step closer to my ultimate goal; to become a college professor in rhetorical theory and to pass on the wonderful knowledge I?ve learned to the next generation of youth enrolled in higher education. I have attended the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth for four years and plan to enroll in the upcoming fall 2010 semester for graduate studies in the professional writing field if finances permit.

Finding additional help with finances. I get some help but unfortunately college is very expensive!

Julia

UMass Dartmouth is a gloomy school in both looks and atmosphere.

UMass Dartmouth is a gloomy school in both looks and atmosphere.

I would tell myself that you can never try to many things. College is a time to enjoy, you should be able to experience life and learn anything you desire. Go to college to make yourself happy not anyone else. Even with the needs and expectations of parents there are ways to go around any problems. If finances become an isssue research scholarships, go talk to your financial aid office, work with people to help yourself. My final words to myself would be : "Do not be afraid to be yourself, love yourself and what you do."

A person who is looking to enjoy their social life in college, and who will benefit from a low key academic career. This would be a great school for someone who doesn't necessarily want to go to college but needs to or is forced to go.

Haja

Knowing what I know now, while in high school I would have probably took my classes a tad bit more seriously. I would have looked for more scholarships. I would have decided on what I was going to do at that time, so when I arrive at college I wouldn't waste any time thinking about what I am going to do for the rest of my life. I would have most likely looked into other schools in Massachusetts because I live approximately seven minutes away from my house. But other than those examples I would have done the same thing I had done before.

The worst thing about our school is the freshmen dorms are old and gross.

The kind of person that should not attend this school is a lazy person. A person can fail by being lazy because where are classes are you have to walk a mile to get to. Our school is challenging so there isnt much room for laziness.

Joshua

The price. Great education at a great price.

The price. Great education at a great price.

If I could go back to when I was a Senior in High School I would tell myself to just relax. I have picked a great school that has a great campas, teachers and opportunity for employment if needed.

Nicholas

The unique thing about my school is that it is made up entirely concrete. All the buildings look pretty bland and are nothing fun to look at. The main academic buildings are all identical to their structure and it does create some unique feel to it by the designs that were made.

Do not worry about college. You will grow into your own person in this time span. Do'nt rush it, and do not give up on what you want to do with your life. It's your life to live so choose with your heart and follow it whether it be to a solid goal/career or some undefined one. There are four years to choose what you want to do with your life after school and you can take some extra time if you need to so do not feel ashamed if this happens. With that said, you're friends will both come and go, but the bonds that you will form at what ever college you indeed decide to go to, will stay with you forever. Live your life to the fullest and get involved as quickly as possible, because the best four or more years of your life await.

Kylie

I would tell my self to work harder and push my self so that I get the best education that I can. I would also have liked to get more involved with my school.

That its just the right size, not to small but also not to big.

Than it rains alot and tends to be very windy.

Nia

I love the music department, but my school is boring as hell.

I love the music department, but my school is boring as hell.

My school is best known for its nursing and business programs.

To put myself first and not let a boy affect my life so drastically. Something I thought I could never get past, I did get past. No one is worth your education and your mental health. It is okay to have a social life but it shouldn't interfere with school. Don't let your family, your friends or significant others try to make decisions for you, it is your decision to stay in school. Don't give up because of financial difficulties. Become the opera singer you always wanted to be and don't let anyone stand in your way.

Timothy

Never surrender your personal integrity. Somewhere along the line, a large segment of the population has received and embraced the message that it is acceptable to be dishonest, to not tell the truth, and to succeed at any cost. The rational that many individuals present to justify such shameless behavior is: If everyone else is cheating, stealing, plagiarizing or lying, then it is not a level playing field if you do not engage in those activities as well. The lack of personal integrity directly and precariously sabotages our society and devalues us as individuals. Ultimately, these transgressions pass back to us in the form of increasted costs. More importantly, it threatens the very foundation our nation was fashioned upon; namely, truth, honor, and fairness for all. We cannot help ourselves and others attain a better life if we do not first and foremost hold ourselves to a high standard. Life is not always fair, but continually taking the easy way can become a malicious habit extending into graduate school, jobs, and relationships. The temptations are great and we cannot legislate morality, therefore, we must as individuals hold fast to "honesty before advantage" and make a better world for all.

My high school prepared me quite well adacemically and morally for higher education. As with all schools, roommate relations can be an issue. Concrete, practical skills in dealing with individual differences, study styles, and backgrounds would be helpful for all potential students.

Individuals who appreciate a great deal of value for their tuition dollar.

Dylan

I would tell myself to take things slow and concentrate on one thing at a time. To prepare to be more independent and to teach myself with the guidance of a professor, instead of copying and cramming. I would tell myself that time management should be a main focus because there are so many social oppurtunities. I would stress the need for balancing all aspects of academic and social life, and remembering that academics is the main focus. I would remind myself that i am now paying for this education and these loans are more than numbers on paper. I would also tell that high school senior to live up to his own expectations, not to live up to the "womanizer" or "party animal" because those labels won't get you too far. I would tell that senior that college is whatever he wants it to be and that is all up to him.

The independence it gives students. No one is trying to make you do well in the classes. The university makes/allows you to teach and build yourself and make your own education. Some students really slack and can't thrive under these circumstances. For me it is a motivator because i can seperate myself from the other students.

I have a 4.0 and try extremely hard in the umass honors program so i brag about my academics, small classes, and the things i take away from them. Also the fact that the university is minutes away from the ocean. I also brag about the perfect size of the college because it is a large school but small enough where you know alot of the people around you. I brag about the great parties while being proud the it isnt just a party school.

University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.