University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

« See more reviews of University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

Although the commuting population at UMASS Dartmouth is about 50% of enrollment, the school maintains a very active sence of community. Most of the non-resident students are very active in school sponsored activities such as the theatre group, intermural sports and spend considerable time on campus to study in the library, work with student peer tutoring, and to attend the many sporting events. For such a high number of commuters, the school really has wonderful school spirit and an active student body. This is what I think makes UMASS Darthmouth unique and very appealing.

one thing unique about the school that i attended is that it is very diverse. There is so much help around you if yu seek help it will be found. students are very involve in the school sports. there are amount of activities that the students can participate in. students tent to work very hard on their grades.

Umass Dartmouth is different then the other schools that i considered because it is a University rather then an Art School. I wanted to be a well rounded student and take classes in a variety of fields that a regular art college wouldn't allow me to do. Umass also had the "college" atmosphere that I wanted.

The unique thing about my school is that it is made up entirely concrete. All the buildings look pretty bland and are nothing fun to look at. The main academic buildings are all identical to their structure and it does create some unique feel to it by the designs that were made.

I wanted a school closer to home but with a flexable schedule and easy campus commuting. UMD was the only school around that fit all my needs. After I took a tour of UMD, I fell in love with the campus. It offered so much and I couldn't wait to take advantage of it all.

UMass Dartmouth is a very isolated school without being completely out of touch with the world around. It's surrounded by woods and yet is still only 30 minutes from a T station that has access to the rest of the state including Boston.

Everyone seems to be very accepting of each other, making it very easy to find new friends and keep old ones. There is such a variety of personalities that it is highly likely you will find people that you will fit in well with.

The overall architectural design of the school is different than much others. The simplicity of the concrete walls gives the student less distractions in the class room, providing a better learning environment.

The unique thing about this school is how financially affordable it is and it is also in a great location there are so many job opprotunites available nearby.

It is a smaller University that has a very connected feel to it. It has an unusual charm that makes it a nice place to live and study.