University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

« See more reviews of University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth

The one thing I wish I knew before I came to my school was that it cost a lot of money. My household makes less than $10,000 a year and my school costs almost triple that. My financial aid covers most of it but I still have a huge chunk I have to pay myself. If I knew that it was going to cost this much I would of gotten a job when I was younger and put all the money I earned in a savings account.

I wish I had known that smoking on college campuses in general were this prevelant. I am not a smoker and I know the risks of second hand smoke so I was under the impression that the school would have designated areas for smokers to go to rather than being able to smoke anywhere at anytime on campus. Many people, like myself, have allergies and the smoke just makes everything worse for us.

before coming to this school i wish i knew how diverese this school was not. there is more of one group of people than there is others., which can sometimes make a person out of place because when they are the only one sitting in the room, for that ethnictiy, they feel like people do not understand where they are coming from when the make their point(s).

After goin to different schools between massachusetts and florida i realized thier is a much higher demand for better facilities to make the students more comfortable and have diverse things to do within the college atomsphere, and I wish i had looked at more schools then the ones i did.

My high school prepared me quite well adacemically and morally for higher education. As with all schools, roommate relations can be an issue. Concrete, practical skills in dealing with individual differences, study styles, and backgrounds would be helpful for all potential students.

I wish I had known that change is good. At first I didn't want to leave the people I knew all my life and was so close to. Now that I am a junior, I realize it is good to get out into the world to learn new things and meet new people.

study skills. Freshman year i did well, but not as well as I would have liked. Now i know how to study well and i am doing much better than previous school. I wish i could have known what i know now before last year.

The school does not have much activity going on at any given time of the year. There are very small activities, but it can be hardly said that it is an active college. Life becomes somewhat boring after a while.

I wish i have known that MLS department would have told the students that they have a very small chance or do not have a chance to be a senior because of the lack of space in the laboratory.

I love this school.I found out almost or a lot of information about Umass Dartmouth while in high school and through orientation before I came to this school.