Lowell, MA
University of Massachusetts-Lowell

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Massachusetts-Lowell

chelsea

I have grown as an individual through my college experience. Being in control of my own and people respecting my decisions made me respect myself much more than I did in highschool. I learned the value personality and discovered my own. If it weren't for college I would have never met most of my good friends. It is interesting going to a new place, one can really redefine themself. I didn't change who i was, i just became more comfortable with who i am, and that changed me. It has been valuable to attend college because of the bonds with not only students, but professors as well. The professors I have encountered have taught me life lessons and forced me to expand my creativity and ambitions. That alone is a great reason to attend college, to expand personal ambitions. My goals were never that high in highschool, however in college you are constantly being pushed into a deeper concept. It is endless what you can be, and college is just a stepping stone in your world of realizing that.

Yaovi

Since my arrival at UMASS Lowell I quickly realize how much was going on on campus and I couldn’t wait to have my part in this enormous movement. And once in the heart of the project itself I quickly acknowledged how many of the organization I was pursuing were all an idea of an individual student. This forced me to try to begin my own club and get an idea moving on campus. I’m currently trying to get an organization for African American individuals

In my perspective, I believe the best thing about my school at the moment is the fact that we have a strong range of clubs to participate in. So regardless of what your interests are, it is guaranteed that you will discover a club or an organization that suits your character. This allows incoming freshmen to get involved quickly, effectively, I get the chance to explore their new environment. Another amazing feature at UMASS Lowell; we are the only University that offer a major in plastic surgery.

At UMASS Lowell we are very active, social, and more concerned of our surrounding and improving it rather than complaining about it. Therefore one lacking these characters will find it difficult fitting in the puzzle we are trying to complete.

Rebecca

Aside from being exposed to the multiple different races, experiencing staff member who are very supportive, and also a great involvement in the community, my first year in college has been very enlightening. I have realized abilities that I did not know i possessed. For example, Time management is a very important quality that I have obtained this year. Another thing I have gotten out of UMass Lowell as well is this sense of true independence and responsibilty. I am a very determined and hardworking woman, so I enjoy challenges and succeeding in them and also learning from them, and while attending this school, I have gained the ability to truly handle difficult situations demostrated through my hardowk and determination. University of Massachusetts Lowell has truly begun to transform me to a well rounded person.

The worst thing that I would be able to identify, in terms of involving the school, is the transportation system as discussed in a previous question. Students are always inevitably late if they do not plan ahead as to how they will go to class. Instead of waking up approximately 15 minutes earlier, students have to plan ahead an hour.

The most frustrating things about the University of Massachusetts Lowell is the transportation system. Being in a crowded, urban atmosphere, often the buses or shuttles have to detour in order to safely transport students from one location to another. There are many unstable bridges in the city of Lowell that the weight of the buses can not support, so in result, by "back trailing" often students find themselves late to class. Aside from this frustration, UMass Lowell is a great school.

Jesse

Among the exhausting number of things I would do if I could return to the past, helping my highschool self assimilate to college culture would be a huge priority. When I was younger, my mind wasn't heading toward the right path. I was in danger of not graduating and had very little motivation. In contrast, I am now succeeding with flying colors; I am in the Honors Program and am maintaining a 3.8 GPA. Once I found myself, after traveling back in time, I would sit him down, pour him a coffee, and ask him to listen to how much more satisfying my life is now that I have gained a sense of direction, drive, and motivation. I would insist that taking on a challenge that requires enthusiasm and drive brings about a higher sense of happiness and gratification once completed. Like climbing a mountain to reach the summit, the climbing is rough and rocky and often littered with fear of failure and the desire to turn around and abandon the goal, but once you reach the summit, the overwhelming joy of looking out into the horizon is an achievement well worth the risk and hard work.

Brian

Quality, affordable, education. and a killer hockey team

Quality, affordable, education. and a killer hockey team

I would offer less advice, and more ask a question. What will you do different? With the number of students persuing higher education on the rise, the acadmic world is more competative than ever before. The unfortunate result is that individual students become less important than retention numbers, graduation rates, and average GPAs. In this climate, what will you do socially and academically to lift yourself above the crowd? More than ever it is the sole responsability of the student to ensure their own success and to avoid the common pratfalls that bury an otherwise inteligent individual. With the limitless variation of personalities and study habits, there is no defined method for success. Each student must determine in their own way, how they will stand out. Thus bearing the question, what will you do different?

For the first time in my academic career, I feel like I am at a school that actually wants their students to be successful. The administration is organised, well connected to their students, willing to go well out of their way to make you successful.

Kenneth

Remember why you are in college. You are here to build your future, not to indulge. You will see many around you fall to great temptations on a regular basis. They are only living for the moment, but you are living for the future. This is of the utmost importance especially as a musician. The others are merely wasting their time. Take advantage of your education. Remember that many here have parents they can always fall back on. They will always have roof over your head. You are not like them. Mom and Dad aren't here anymore and your aunt is getting old. Others still children inside but you, by fate, are an adult. Nothing is ever "good enough." Try your hardest, set your goals high. Strive not for merely financial security, but to be somebody. Remember all the things Dad has done in your childhood to push you to be the best. Don't let it be in vain. The keyword here is "greatness." Keep in mind studying abroad and interning at musically related places. Submerse youself in as many positive, and enriching experiences as you can. These things will change your outlook on the world.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of diversity and most student under-achievement. I have to admit that most of those who attend UMASS Lowell aren't exactly the most academic people, although some are. The school being attended mostly by surrounding suburban residents is what contributes to a lack diversity.

This school is very easy to get in. But once you're in people start to get weeded out. Its a great place for people who have messed up in high school prove themselves.

Amber

I am transferring there for Spring 2010, so I am not too sure how to describe my school.

The school is best know for the buisness major.

If I could go back in time to when I was a highschool senior, I would tell myself so much about getting prepared for college. I would tell myself to look into more college than just the two or three that I did. I would tell myself to go and visit some more colleges and ask more questions. I also would tell myself about looking into more scholarships and to try and apply for scholarships. Another thing I would tell myself is to study for the SATs and not just take them and try to pass them. I would say to focus more on highschool because college is a lot of work and I need to focus.

The things that i've heard our school is known for is their quality engineering programs and the hockey team ( whose games most students attend with enthusiasm, in order to wind down after a long week.) They cheer and laugh and just radiate school spirit.

(LETTER FORMAT) Hey Sam, listen up and listen good! In a few short months your life is going to change immensely. but in all honesty this change is for the better, a better life a better future and a better you. Things are only going to get harder from here so hold on to your good friends and let of bad memories. This is a fresh start you need to buckle down and get yourself organized. You can't account for everything that may happen or that is to come but just make sure to prepare yourself for bigger dreams, and some disappointments but never failure. If something doesn?t turn out right there's usually a way around it so no quitting OK. No matter where this journey takes you remember who you are and what you believe in. Stand firm on how you want to be and don?t stress others opinions! In order for you to thrive in college you have to be able to stand your ground and go after your goals. No one can limit you but yourself.

I consider the teachers to be the best thing about UML. Honestly I believe a "school" is the community that thrives within it, without the people it's just another building. I've had a great experience so far with teachers here at uml. You can tell that they have a passion for their subject, and not only that but are willing to help you out when you really need it. Another great thing is that they treat us as adults and the respect is felt.

Lisa

They are eager to learn and extremely competitive with participation in class, homework, and group projects.

It has a large variety of clubs one can join. The participation level in these clubs is phenomenal. The Campus life feels youthful and vivacious. The resident advisors form close relationships with the other students. Orientation before freshman year truly gives a head start on forming future relationships with other incoming students.

The researching of college is extremely important as well as knowing one's future aspirations and goals. The important factor in choosing the best college life for oneself is to sit down alone and consider the options. Outside advice can be helpful or harmful when choosing the best place to attend. The best advice and ideas come from onesellf and t is vital to think about interests, career opportunities, and future income as well. One must remember to not allow another's opinion to affect one's own course of action. Everyone has a place and time at which he or she has had his or her inspiration. The importance in life is following one's own ideas and inner instinct. In making the transition to college one should keep not only the mind but the eyes and ears open to the new environment and people. It is okay to try new things within reason and sometimes it is worth it to step outside ourselves and to open up to that person reaching out to us. Reaching out on one's own is difficult but is also worth the effort whether or not it results in a longterm relationship.

Kaitlin

Knowing what I now know about college, I would tell myself to always stay focused on your school work. It is possible to have a fun social life and get your work done. You meet so many diffrent kinds of people that you have to have an open mind about a lot of things. The friends you make in college will forever be your friends. You become almost an adult, your away from your parents and do everything on your own. You make the rules for yourself and know your own limits. College is an experience that will change your life for the better.

The Athletic programs.

University of Massachusetts-Lowell administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.