Lowell, MA
University of Massachusetts-Lowell

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Massachusetts-Lowell

Anthony

My time at University of Massachusetts, Lowell has been a great experience both academically and socially. The skills I have acquired through the classroom have opened many possibilities for different career paths in the future allowing me to keep my options open. In addition, I have made a large number of friends and acquaintances though which I can hold long relationships with and network for career opportunities.

Brandon

The University of Massachusetts Lowell gives students the opportunity to expand their social network through the various groups that are available on campus. This school provides many diverse majors which gives students many options of choosing what they want to study.

Meghan

I am a transfer student, and this is my first semester at UMass Lowell. So far, I have had such a positive experience and love the classes and atmosphere here. Everyone has been so welcoming, and the people I have met here are so kind. In the short time I have been here, I have noticed that although the academics are very demanding and difficult, they are filled with so many different opportunities to learn, and the professors and tutors are incredible at explaining anything that I have a problem with!

Lex

The university of Massachusetts Lowell is an amazing place to be. Classes are definitely more challenging, which I wouldn't have expected since it is a state school, but we still have just as much fun as any other school. That being said, at Umass you are allowed to be whoever and do whatever you would like (for the most part anyways unless it is illegal). It is a very accepting campus and almost everyone that I know here is thankful that they chose UML.

UMass lowell is a school that is constantly developing and trying to make itself better. I believe that in the next few years there are going to be massive improvements bettering the quality of the education and facilities. There is a lot of access and opportunity for the students here and it is only getting better. You cannot beat the pricing you are paying for the quality that you are getting.

Laura

UMass Lowell has grew tremendously over the past couple of years! The student body is very diverse so you get to experience different cultures and backgrounds. The majority of the professors here are pretty nice and wants you to succeed and then there's some who doesn't care about you at all. I will never forget the professors who were kind to me and are always there for me when I need support. Tuition has increased ten times more than what I've been paying for! Originally tuition was $727 per semester now it's like $6,995 because of the new pharmaceutical building they are building. Despite that, UML is a great school to learn but just make sure you choose your major wisely or else you'll be wasting all the energy and effort and money you invested in it.

Hikma

University of Massachusetts Lowell is a great school that gives many opportunities to students. It is a very diverse place where we can all find ourselves. It is said that individuals find themselves when they get to college. I believe that statement is so true

Kim

As a graduate of UMass Lowell Graduate School of Education, I strongly encouraged my both of my daughters to attend this institution. I held a very high opinion of this university. My experience here was wonderful, but my opinion has changed drastically since urging both of my daughters to attend UML. It is a decision I now find myself second guessing and deeply regretting. My oldest daughter was accepted into several excellent nursing programs, and I encouraged her to attend UML. She thrived and learned a great deal during her first three years in the nursing program at UML. She was well on her way to accomplishing her dream of becoming a nurse! At the end of her third year, after VERY successful completion of all four of her clinical rotations and an overall 3.2 GPA, she was dismissed from the program due to a "low"score on a Pharmacology HESI exam and a prior "low" score on Pedi/Maternity HESI exam. She needed to score an 83%on her Pharmacology HESI, and scored an 81%, which brought her average for the class just .4% (four tenths of a percent) shy of a C+, leading to her dismissal from the program. FOUR TENTHS OF ONE PERCENT!!!!!!!! She is and has always been, far more than a strong student, and, is an excellent nursing candidate. She is far more than a "low" score on standardized tests. I might also mention that she scored a 96% on her Psych HESI......Nursing is far more than a score on a standardized test! She has invested three years financially, emotionally, and academically into a program she loved. She is now left, feeling lost, sad, and deeply disappointed in herself. For the first time in her life, my daughter is filled with self doubt and shame. I am disappointed in UML. Nursing is a difficult major. She has committed herself and done VERY well for three years. Because of her performance on two HESI exams, this school has decided she is no longer eligible to continue in the nursing program, regardless of her strong GPA, excellent clinical rotation grades, and successes in every other aspect of the nursing program.The success rate of UML nursing students on the NCLEX exam is at about 75%. Rather than focusing on improving their pass rate through student interventions, best teaching practices, and DELIBERATE AND THOROUGH EXAM PREPARATION, they have decided to dismiss students who do not do well on standardized tests regardless of how successful they have been in ALL other aspects of their higher education and training, and with no regard for the opinions of her professors who have reached out to say that they do not agree with the decision made. UML School of Nursing is failing to recognize this student as a whole, instead focusing solely on a single test/moment in time to determine one's aptitude and ability to become a successful, caring, empathetic, and well educated nurse. Nursing students are trained to look at a patient as a whole person, yet the very department charged with their training is failing to look at them through the same lens. Dismissing students will not help those that remain to do better on standardized test scores and improve your pass rate on the NCLEX! This approach, in my opinion, is an institutional failure, not a failure by its nursing students.

Aja

The school is huge on hockey as well as their nursing, criminal justice, and engineering programs.

Do not stress. Stressing makes things worse, especially when you have papers, homework, work, and a social life to balance. Time management is your best friend. If needed, feel free to sit down and just plan your week ahead. What assignments you have to get done, if you have any meetings, when you plan to see friends, what your work schedule is, or even random notes you want to add like a show you watch. Time management has helped me in so many ways to accomplish the goals I have. I also have to give time management much credit for my 3.9 gpa that I am very proud of. Hard work does not come easy. Take advantage of flashcards/notecards when applicable and buy A LOT of them. Studying 5 - 7 at a time will be the best habit you will ever adapt to in your school career. Also, have fun and do not be afraid to meet new people. You never know who is out there and how much of an impact they will have on your life.

When commuting, or even living off campus, you feel left out from the crowd. Especially for someone who works, making friends can be a bit difficult. Though the environment is mostly friendly. Also, the weekends tend to be mostly drunk students roaming the city.

lam

keep learning and try the best you can to figuages out what you really can do. Some time it really take alot of time to find what you really want to become. So chose your role model and ask them what you can do to become one of them in the future.

good at math and like to learn

University of Massachusetts-Lowell administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.