University of Massachusetts-Lowell

« See more reviews of University of Massachusetts-Lowell

If you are looking for an enclosed college experience shielded from the real world this is not the place for you. The weekends are dead largely because most kids have jobs elsewhere and are supporting their own education. Boston is really close and has a lot of opportunities for cultural exposure but you have to be willing to go to the source, it won't come to you.

They have a really good Nursing department, the instructors are great and very helpful.. if your an artsy, hippie, lesbian than hang around south campus because i notice a lot of those types over there... If you like to party, take criminal justice or business and stay near north or east campus.

Someone who is not open to liberal ideas or is not comfortable with diversity might feel out of place in this institution; most of the student and faculty body is quite liberal and both the student and faculty bodies are very diverse. Everyone is very accepting of differences between people.

I think that this school is great for a multitude of different people. I can not think of a certain typ e of person that should not attend. The only situation in which I think that it would not be in the person's best interest is if they want to attend a high stress, cut-throat student body.

I do not feel that there is one particular kind of person that should not attend Umass Lowell. Someone who is not interested in expanding their horizons, does not take school seriously, has no desire to gain knowledge or wants no involvment in their campus and surronding community.

Someone who does not like the New England style of living wouldn't fit in here. If your trying to go professional in a sport besides hockey-- you shouldn't go here. This school enrolls students from all walks of life so there wouldn't be many people who would not like this school.

At UMASS Lowell we are very active, social, and more concerned of our surrounding and improving it rather than complaining about it. Therefore one lacking these characters will find it difficult fitting in the puzzle we are trying to complete.

I don't think there is a "kind" of person who shouldn't attend this school. The programs are very diverse and there is a club for just about everyone. They also have fantastic varsity sports as well as club sports.

someone who definitely wants an urban environment, or someone who definitely wants a rural environment. even though lowell is technically a city, umass lowell pretty much offers the best of both worlds

They cover almost every personality and human aspect. There are two campus', North and South, where North is mathmatical based and South is arts and humanities based.