University of Miami Top Questions

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Alana

I decided to go to the University of Miami simply I loved the location, it was ranked highly for its academics, the music program is almost at a conservatory level and it is warm almost year round. But the main push came once I got a full ride in scholarships, making it cheaper than even the state schools I applied to.

Once i visited Miami and compared it to other campuses, I knew it was right for me. While all other campuses blurred together, this one stood out. It felt warm and welcoming, let alone the wonderful weather. The atmosphere here makes me happier, because of the beauty of the campus I appreciate being here, it motivates me to do well. I genuinely feel lucky to live in this environment. The school pride is so evident walking from place to place.

Jaymes

Far from home, great weather, visited campus and fell in love with it. Had everything I wanted.

Cory

To be honest, I've always known I was going to go to UM. Both my parents went there and my mother has been a teacher there for the past 15 years. However, when it came to applying for other schools I found that none of the other colleges were like UM. UM had the football team, the gorgeous campus, generally small classes, and a middle sized school population. The size of the school was a big factor for me. I didn't want to go to a super small unknown school but I didn't want to go to a large enough university where I would be just another student. Also, UM is pretty close to the city which I enjoy. I really wasn't a fan of the idea of going to a university in a 'college town' where there was nothing much nearby. Plus, it has the Miami weather; and who wouldn't mind going to a school where the average temperature all year is around 85 degrees?

Because the school is in good academic standing, its closer to my home and of course the weather contributed to it all.I also thought it would have been lots of fun.

The weather. I hate cold weather so Miami was the obvious choice. The academics and the scholarship that I received didn't hurt either. UM was by far the most relaxed and friendly campus of all the schools that I visited when I was applying.

I applied to UM because I wanted to be at a university that was somewhere warmer, sunnier, by the beach and offered a fuller range of academic options than my smaller university freshman year. Was my transfer the best decision? I'll get back to you on that.