University of Michigan-Ann Arbor Top Questions

Describe the dorms.

Dorms are incredibly small

Dorms are dorms. There are huge buildings with double rooms and community bathrooms, there's the all female dorms, there's the newly renovated Alice Lloyd and Couzens, which are gorgeous. There's Baits, where my roommate and I have two rooms and share a bathroom with two other girls. My roommate and I have one room with beds and dressers and the other room with desks and food, refrigerator, etc.

.

The dorms at Michigan range in quality and location. Most dorms on central campus are extremely nice, including Mosher Jordan (Mojo) and Couzens Hall, which were just renovated. There is only one dorm on central campus that isn't high-quality, Markley, and this is still a ton of fun to live in despite the rooms being small. Some students are placed on North Campus and must bus up to central campus for class, social activity, etc. This is not the worst thing in the world, as many students are faced with these conditions and often bond over traveling together, however it is still a slight nuisance.

The dorms are a good environment. The RAs and other housing staff are very supportive and provide an interactive environment for everyone to meet one another. Of course, there are down sides. The food is not what it used to be at home, and getting used to a roommate can be a challenge, but everyone is in the same boat. There is plenty of support, and it is a great way to meet people. The dorms are relatively close to campus so that the walk to class isn't that bad.