University of Michigan-Ann Arbor Top Questions

Why did you decide to go to this school?

Because it has a big name and looks good on job applications

I got into the acting program at the University so it seemed like an ideal choice, because I had wanted to be an actor at the time. The facilities in the theater department are beautiful and the professors are enthusiastic and engaging. It was a perfect fit because I am a huge sports fan. Michigan has that great balance of being really gung-ho about sports while also having a very significant cultural scene. I visited twice, once in the fall and once in the spring, and I just fell in love with the diag and the football stadium. All of it felt very comfortable and beautiful. This combined with my father, an alum, encouraging me to go here, made for an easy decision.

I came to Michigan because I walked on campus and FELT THE ENERGY. The students here are so passionate about their school and I wanted to be a part of this school pride. I also chose Michigan because I wanted a great Business School (ranked 3rd in the country), an awesome sports school (Football Saturdays are unreal), and a large Jewish population.

I wanted to go to a really great school in terms of academic rigor and excellence in addition to a large school with sports, school pride, and greek life.