University of Minnesota-Duluth Top Questions

Wing

The most frustrating aspect of school would be maintaining the balance of family, work, friends, and school. Unfortunately I have not been the best at keeping it balanced. I tend to weigh more into school and family at times and completely push off time at work and friends. Not to mention feeling like there is no time for myself. That's only one part. The second most frustrating aspect of school is keeping caught up with the whole group. It takes me a little more time than others to grasp a concept so it takes double the time to learn.

Breann

Some classes offer so much homework and in class things to offset test scores whereas others are based solely on tests and you don't really know which you'll get until you're in the class.

amir

Some instructors are just so bad at explaining the materials which could be very frustrating. It is not that they do not know the materia but they just do not know how to explain it which could effect our grades.

Divison between majors within the arts. I am both a Theater and an Art Ed major, and there is a clear barrier between the art and theater programs

I'm not getting any financial aid. A lot of the students drink and I dont but I was still able to find friends that didnt drink like me so I don't feel pressured or anything. You only get dining dollars if you live on-campus Overcharge for books and get very little from buy-back

My school is almost like going back to middle school. I go to cosmetology school, and putting yourself with 100 girls for forty hours a week gets extremely frustrating. The rules at my school are also a lot like middle school rules, and we don't get treated like adults, which can cause for some very tense days.

Sheewin

If someone prefers larger cities, Duluth and this school may seem too small. I came from a larger city and at times I have been frustrated in realizing how small the school is. Sometimes it seems like there isn't much around or to do in this school, but all you need to do is more exploring. The thought that this school is too small for me has crossed my mind before, however, most of the time I, personally, really like the size (not too big, not too small) of this school.

Heidi

When I first started college the most frustrating thing was adjusting to a new situation. All throughout high school I lived with my parents and attending the same school. I grew up with the same friends and had all the same teachers. It was familiar, college was not. It was my first big step to growing up and becoming independent. The frustration gets smaller and slowly goes away when I got familiar with where I was.

The most frustrating thing about my school would be that it does not have certain academic options. For example, it does not offer certain majors/programs such as forensics like other colleges do.

The most frustrating thing about my school has to be the cold, bitter winters. For the winter months, it can get to negative 20 and that is not uncommon.

Some majors, it's hard to get the classes you want.