University of Minnesota-Morris Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Minnesota-Morris

Jordan

This university provides a high quality educational experience at an approachable price point. The value of small class sizes cannot be overstated, and building relationships with professors opens up doors to research and creative opportunities which are rarely available to undergraduate students.

Michelle

I've really enjoyed my time at Morris. The small town environment is really nice, and all of the people are very close. Professors are very easily accessible outside of class, and courses are made easier by the student-run PAL sessions and walk-in tutoting. The only downfall to Morris is the weaker sports teams and the lack of off-campus activities/social atmosphere.

Makayla

The University of Minnesota-Morris is a small, tight-knit community that boasts intimacy between facility and students fostering unlimited educational opportunities. Students and facility alike learn from each other and promote campus-wide discussions about academia, current events, or anything else that might hold some appeal with guest speakers, professors giving nighttime/weekend lecture/discussions, and other cultural events. This institution is a melting pot of cultural diversity with something for anyone!

Tririna

I think that the University of Minnesota-Morris is a pretty great school. It has small class sizes which enables me to interact with my professor personally and get to know them better. I also was able to work with my classmates nicely as well. I wish there were more shops and services surrounding the area, but I guess the school cannot do something about that.

Jenna

The small town feel leaks into the school which creates an amazing homey feeling. It is easy to get to know everyone including your professors. The small size also encourages better academics because of the fact you get to know the professors so well. Yes, do some buildings need updating, sure, but thats every college. Overall I would highly encourage others to go to Morris especially if they are looking into science. They are well known for their work in the science field providing many research and intern opportunities, which is extended through the main UofM campus as well.

Savanah

I love the University of Minnesota at Morris. The campus has a wonderful aesthetic and I have often heard it called the Harvard of the North West. The liberal arts education has altered my way of thinking and created amazing opportunities. With supportive professors, staff, and students UMM is a place where plenty of students can thrive. Nestled on the beautiful Minnesota prairie it is one of the most amazing campuses I have ever seen. If you are looking for a small and supportive campus where you can enhance your education the University of Minnesota Morris is the place for you.

Andrew

Attending the University of Minnesota Morris has been a life changing experience. I have met people from so many different walks of life, and made many new relationships. The academic life is tough but will allow you to succeed. A majority of students here are fun, and like to have a good time. It's been a blast.

Breanna

The University of Minnesota, Morris, is an outstanding university. The campus size is small, which makes for smaller class sizes. This is very beneficial for those students who learn best when they are able to ask questions and hold conversations with professors. There is a wonderful sense of community at the U of M, Morris, where you can see familiar faces everywhere you go. I believe the University of Minnesota, Morris, is a stellar college.

Paige

The University of Minnesota-Morris is a very unique place; it has a small town home feeling while presenting students with so many golden opportunities. We have access to many of the opportunities that the Twin Cities campus has plus many others specifically for our campus. Also there are over 100 clubs to join on campus which enables everybody to go out and meet new people who are interested in the same things that you are. Morris is a great place to feel like you are at home while gaining the college experience.

Hailey

Despite impulsively applying for UMM, it was exactly what I needed in a college. The local town could have a bit more to it, but the small town community atmosphere is very important to the college. Because it is such a small campus, it is very easy to become involved, and you get really unique opportunities, such as working on campus or undergrad research. You also have access to all of the regular U of M resources, which is amazing. If you're interested in the U of M, but can't afford it or don't want to live in a big city, Morris is perfect.

Layla

Morris holds the best example for liberal arts school! Class sizes are small and the people in your class an in town are friendly. Although it's a small town there are lots of groups to join and multiple activities to take part in! If your looking for a beautiful scene, high intellectual classes and people who share and respect your values Morris is the right place to be!

Aubrey

I found it to have an exceptionally homey atmosphere, where most individuals knew one another and the professor were quite kind and willing to aid students when needed. I enjoyed campus and the food they offered while I was visiting was outstanding!

Paige

I honestly really enjoy being here. The school is small so you will need to make your own fun sometimes but otherwise, there is normally something going on. The profs here are all very accomplished in their areas of study so the education you get here is really worth the money. It is also easy to get involved in other fields of study. I'm a biology major but I spend a lot of time in the music department in Symph winds or in privet lessons. There is a lot of opportunities here you just need to find it.

Ben

I like the class size of the university and the access to instructors for help for assignments. The campus is easy to get around. The community center and recreation center on campus are a little lacking. The rec center could use and update and newer equipment. Considering what the twin cities campus has and this is a University of Minnesota campus, there is quite a stark difference. The city of Morris does not offer much variety in activities for its community. The people of morris are very nice but the amenities (restaurants, activities) is lacking.

payton

The University of Minnesota Morris has been very welcoming to new students, however they should do a better job at creating a more comfortable environment for diversity. I am an Indigenous student, I would love to see more community involvement with our Indigenous community.

Daleney

It is a beautiful campus with very accessible grounds and staff. It is the small campus and class size that drew me to Morris in the first place. I loved the interesting choices in majors as well as its variety in activities and music choices because I am very interested in music