University of Missouri-Columbia Top Questions

What do students complain about most?

The most common complaints I hear are complaints about textbook and tuition costs as well as the frequent construction going on around campus!

Haris

Students tend to complain about the dining hall hours most. While the buildings that house academic services are open at reasonable business hours, such as 8 AM-3:30 PM, the dining halls provide much more erratic working hours. There have been countless instances where I've walked from class, done for the day, starving with nowhere to eat. Most dining halls are closed at random intervals during the day, which makes eating much more difficult. To eat, one has to either settle for sub-par food at the 'specialty' places that are open or patiently bide time and hunger until the dining halls reopen.

Haris

Tessa

Two words: parking tickets. The staff that they have to ticket cars must be enormous because everywhere you go, you see parking tickets. It can be pretty obnoxious at times, but as long as you make sure you have lots of quarters for the meters, you'll be fine!

Melyssa

Students complain about a couple of things. One, is the the amount of over seas professors. This normally isn't a problem, but sometimes it is very hard to understand their accents. Personally, I don't mind, but there was one class where it was so hard to understand his accent and handwriting that it wasn't worth it to go to class, considering he put his notes online. Another thing people complain about is the amount of parking available. Which is so little that it can take 30 minutes just to find a spot a mile away from class. I suggest trying to use the busses or getting a parking pass. If you get a job on campus DEFINATLY try to get a pass, because they save the best spots for employees.