University of Missouri-Columbia Top Questions

What's the dating scene like?

Gosh. So many beautiful girls on campus (and handsome guys I'm sure). Love/Dating/Relationships at Mizzou were really fun and important to me. I can't speak for Greek Life, but us off-campus living people have a great dating support system from downtown Columbia. Seriously, everything from classy restaurants like Sycamore, Bleu, and Broadway Brewery, to more casual fare like La Siesta and Uprise Bakery. You can totally match the type of date with the place you go downtown, fancy or casual. I went to a lot of movies with girlfriends at RagTag Cinema and a lot of music shows at the Blue Note and Mojo's. Basically it's very easy to have a good time with your date if you explore downtown Columbia. As far as attitudes in dating go, there's a fairly wide range, from religious abstainers to frequent casual sex-ers. Mizzou is certainly not prudish; there's no rules against public displays of affection, classroom dating, etc that I've ever heard of. MU students are fun, so if you've got a crush on someone you see in class, ask them out because you'll be missing out on tons of dating fun if you stand against the wall all your life.

Girls from Lathrop Hall at the University of Missouri- Columbia talk about some of their best and worst encounters with love on Valentine's Day. Five different girls talk about how Valentine's Day has made them like boys a little more or a little less.