University of Missouri-Kansas City Top Questions

Cameren

I would describe my classmates at my school as nice, friendly, determined, and focused. As generic as those words may encompass many colleges I feel like it really is an staple to my school. The University of Missouri- Kansas City is a very friendly, and relaxed school. The people are very nice and always are looking for new opportunites to improve themselves for a better quality of life!

Shanice

My classmates are friendly individuals that love to help others suceed and become better people.

Artez

Students at University of Missouri -Kansas City are very outgoing, creative, and friendly.

Trina

My classmates are diverse.

Danya

Diverse, mostly outgoing, a good mix of younger and older (non-traditional) students.

My classmates are focused, career oriented, and culturally diverse.

Tevin

UMKC is very diverse in race, religion, and socio-economic groups. Everyone is friendly though, but at the same time, in order for you to understand other students, you must listen and read about their reasons for their ways of living everyday they do. You must not critique one or a group for the way they choose to dress, walk, or talk for you wouldn't want no one critiquing you for your actions. We do have several types of students on campus, from LGBTQ to the older adults who've come back for another or a first degree. No one should ever feel out of place at this school simply because no one judges people and everyone from every shape, color, and size talk with one another. Most students wear lounging clothes around campus because it's just irrelevant and unnecessary to put on a partying outfit for class. Some females do like to dress nice almost everyday for class, but more than not, they're dressing comfortably for class. With the school being very diverse though, we have students from the furthest places like Australia to the nice south of Texas. If there were a few students sitting a table in the dining hall, they would most likely be friends, some of different descents, some of the same descent, it's totally up to you on where you want to sit, and with whom you want to sit with. Most students don't often talk about their financial stability because we all attend the same school. UMKC students are politically aware and some to my knowledge are actually involved in certain political stances. UMKC is overall a pretty great and diverse school.

Tierney

UMKC is generally very diverse. There are numerous cultures in every classroom setting. The teacher's are diverse as well as the students. There are generally more older students in classes rather than students freshly out of highschool. Most students dress casually, as they have other jobs outside of school. Some students wear sweatpants to class, but generally not most of them.

Tierney

My classmates are a lot of things, depending on the class size and the type of class. In history and philosophy classes, my classmates are the most academically intellectual individuals you want to listen and learn from them, especially in a small classroom setting. In large lecture halls, it is harder for students to shine or to contribute significantly in class. Also, the materials in large classrooms are generic and water-downed.

Kendra

My fellow classmates are a very diverse group of people.

UMKC students are tenacious, goal driven, bright students at the the top of the spectrum.

Brandy

UMKC students are motivational, hard working enthusiastic beings.

My classmates are very concerned with social justice. They work hard, but also procrastinate an unhealthy amount due to their involvement with different social programs.

Damian

People like me and some different but all with the same goal of getting a good education to help them succeed in life.

Garrett

Respectable and outgoing people.

Most of my classmates are think they are better than others and are wealthy.

Hoan

My classmates are very helpful and supportive when I ask for help.

It is a very diverse classroom with many ambitious people.

nichola

Nice, friendly, eager, hardworking.

Tina

My class mates are all young and focused.

My classmates are smart, hard-working individuals.

I do not know any classmates at UMKC yet, but at the other colleges I have attended, my favorite thing about my classmates is the diversity each person brings to a single classroom.

My classmates have all been very diverse. They have been all races, colors, creeds, genders, religions, sexual orientations, you name it. However, that has not stopped us from getting along and working to better understand and accept one another.

Everyone is different whether it be skin type, origin, money situation, and everyone gets along!

Angelica

My classmates are cultrally diverse because of ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations, or their environment from which they grew up, like a small town.