University of Montevallo Top Questions

Jerrisa

The sports teams are pretty decent here. We are slowly but surely increasing the sporting activities on campus.

Betty Mattelyn

Well diverse

That it is a great school if you are wanting individual attention and small class size.

Ashtin

The thing that I love mpst about my school is that it is a liberal arts school. which means that everyone is very artisitic and unique. Everyone feels very genuine, and no two people are the same. Everyone dresses exactly how they like, and marches to the beat of their own drum. That is my favorite part.

The campus is simply amazing, so full of life and history that you can hardly take it all in. Besides that however I would have to compliment the professors, they truly care about how you fare in your college life and help any way they can.

College Night, which is Homecoming, athletics, and the environmental studies program with the organic garden. There are a lot of academic opportunities and the is plenty of time to do well if a person puts in the effort.

Kimary

College Night is an exciting tradition that makes the Vallo' different from other schools. Instead of homecoming, we have a competition between the Purple and Gold side. This competition includes: cheerleading dance routines, many sports, and even a broadway show that is written, directed, choregraphed, and acted out by each side's members. All the scores from each competition are tallied up to create bragging rights for either side that wins. The Purple is about family while the Gold is about dedication. I believe that it unites us as students and the countless hours spent preparing create long-lasting bonds.

Triston

I praise our schools openness to new ideas and people, and I'm not only talking about the staff. I'm not shy in admitting I had a very sheltered childhood, and the students who have had much tougher lives than I have are ready and willing to tell me what happened and how they didn't let it turn them into misanthropes. Montevallo provides an environment that truly feels like the next generation is pooling together to improve the world around us.

Ashlyn

At the University of Montevallo, we have this amazing Homecoming tradition called "College Night". Since we do not have a football team, which is also great for us southerners who are tired of football, our Homecoming consists of an original musical theatre competition. Students split into two teams, the purple and gold side, and each team prepares an original, student written, cast, composed, and choreographed musical. On College Night, both sides compete for the best show. It is an amazing thing to see. Seeing college night 2014 is the reason why I chose Montevallo. Let's go Purple side 2015!

Karin

How open and loving the environment is on campus

I brag about the Homecoming traditions at Montevallo!

Ruth

The campus is really beautifull. Especially in the fall when the leaves turn orange and the air feels great. Also it is ery safe so my parents feel good with me being there.

Montevallo is so energetic. Instead of a football team, the students still hold on to the longest running college tradition in America: College Night. During the month of February, the students divide into two groups: Purples and Golds. Both groups compete in intramural sports and thertre productions as part of their home comming festivites. While it can feel pretty divided, the alumni come in from all over to take part and it really draws the community together. It is fantastic!

The University of Montevallo is a small public school that is acts as a private school. I do not believe another college has a faculty and staff as hard-working and supportive like the faculty and staff at the university of Montevallo. It's a friendly University with a big heart.

aubrey

When I tell my friends about Montevallo, I tell them how open it is. Everyone is welcome here. Everyone belongs. It has many activities that you can do every night, and they try to help every student. The professors really care about their students and want them to succeed. The town itself is very quaint. I absolutely love it here! i encourage all of my friends to go here as often as I can.

I usualy brag about the art department. All of the professors are highly skilled and accomplished artists. They provide unique and advanced instruction on how to function in the art world. Taking an art classe at the University of Montevallo is always an exciting and edifying experience.

The clean campus.

krystal

The thing that I find incredible about my school is how beautiful, and what a diverse community it is. There are students from all walks of life. I also love that the class sizes are small, and that the teachers are exceptional, and very open minded.

Madeleine

It is a quiet school that doesn't have alot of partying, main focus is getting your degree but you do not feel rushed or forced when doing it; it just comes naturally and is a very pleasant experience.

The amount of history that the University of Montevallo has been founded on is a feul for excellence both in and out of the classroom. As a fine art student at the University of Montevallo, I am receiving an exceptionally unique education. From the anagama kiln, built by our ceramics instructor Dr. Scott Meyer, to the foundry where molten metals are cast, I am indeed experiencing an education unlike any other offered in the state of Alabama. Not to mention the beautifully scenic campus which provides an inspirational environment of its own.

Krysta

College Night at Montevallo. It has been the homecoming tradition for years, and it is amazing. GV4!

It's an amazing small school that allows you to build a close community with your professors and fellow students. You never feel overwhelmed by a crowded class because the biggest class you might have would be around 40-50 students. Also when you look at the beauty of the campus itself you realize it has its own history and is proud to show it.

The University of Montevallo is very small and allows students to get a private school education for the price of a public school. With smaller classroom sizes there is more one on one relationships with professors and students allowing the student to excell in academics. The small campus also allows students to become familiar with the student body and not get lost in a sea of people. It is unuiqe in its traditions and is the only liberal arts college in Alabama. The traditions here are much different then any other southern school.

ashelie

Small classes. Very personable campus. Quaint city and campus. College night tradition that is amazing.

Montevallo has a very friendly atmosphere. The classes are very small which allows you to be well known by your professors and allows one on one time with them. The campus is very diverse, but enables you to become familiar and acceptable of everyone, which will be needed not matter what type of profession you choice.

SYDNI

When I tell my friends about my school i like to emphasize on the fact that It is a very diverse school and it allows people to be themselves at all times. I also like to tell them about how the size of my school affects my academic progress in a positive way because the classs sizes are smaller so I have more one on one time with my teachers.

I brag mostly about the beauty of the capmus, and the academic programs as well as the social events.

Jasmin

When telling ym friends about Montevallo, i always brag about how beautiful the campus is, how helpful the professors are, and how diverse and friendly the students are. Montevallo is a school that is built off of history, the history of the school makes the campus more gorgeous everytime i hear about it. As i stated earlier, the professors are always available to assist teir students whenever and in every way possible. Although we have large amount of diversity at Montevallo, students tend to get along so well. Everyday you meet new people at Montevallo.

Darlena

Purple side to the day I die.

Bret

The small, friendly atmosphere. The class sizes are small and the professors really try to get to know you and help you. You don't just get lost in the crowd. The campus is also very old and has a lot of history to offer.

brodrickus

it is very pretty here and the competition level will make you a better student.

That everybody here is trustworthy. I don't have to worry about anyone harshing me or bothering me. Everyone is also friendly. The teachers are very understanding.

I love the strong sense of community at the University of Montevallo. Because we only have around 3,000 students, we have a small faculty to student ratio. The teachers here know your name, and it's easy to get to know your classmates. Montevallo has a friendly atmosphere that is largely accepting to diversity and creativity.

The campus is so beautiful, and there are many traditions here.

Paula

Our soccer team. I was part of the Women's soccer team and we were quite successful and had so much fun! It was great to see people of all different interests coming to support us, and sometimes even taking road trips to watch our away games!

I brag about the beautiful campus and the old trees and brick buildings. Then I brag about the amazing classes, teachers, small class sizes, and cost of attendance.

joshua

Small class sizes and great academic reputation

Cicely

"I love Montevallo,the people are embracing and because the town is so small we all are looking for something to do so no one discriminates against a "searching soul". The campus is beautiful in every season and the teachers actually speak to you!"

Joyce

How gorgeous the campus is and how small our classes are.

I love the class size. I have never been in a class with more than 30 people. Never. This makes the professors really accessible and allows for a more meaningful class. You get to know your professors and your classmates and the learning experience is ten times better for it.

Kendra

Being at the University of Montevallo really allows people to be creative and open-minded. The best part about this school is College Night. This is the homecoming of the school where the school divides into the purple team (PV) and the gold team (GV). The students come together in these teams and create plays that are magnificent. It is created all by the students - all majors participate. There are sports competitions that also get involved as well. Even though there are separate teams the whole event really brings the school together. Very spirited.

Kimbrell

I love telling my old high school friends about everything I am involved with on campus i.e. my on cmapus job, my sororoity (Alpha Gamma Delta), volunteering, and about our homecoming tradition, College Night. I also liek to brag about our amazing Biology department and how well it is preparing me for nursing school.

college night

Tabitha

WE have the nation's oldest homecoming tradition, College Night.

heather

I love the teachers and the small classroom size. My average class haas maybe 30 at the most students. I also tell them about the teachers and the off campus experiences they involve their students in.

the amazing sisterhood i am a part of