Alliance, OH
University of Mount Union

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Mount Union

Courtney

YOU HAVE TO SLEEP! My junior and senior years of high school I got accepted into a PSEO program and got my Associate Degree. So going in I felt I had seen it and got the idea and would be fine. No I was not, the dorm I was in was co-ed and we were a family we always wanted to hang out and play games and talk all hours. I still managed my studies however, I just felt like it was a sleepover every night and we could not get enough of everyone in our living space! Just because I had done the work for my prior college was nothing like the excitement we all felt since we were finally on our own with nobody monitoring us anymore. Halfway through the semester I was extremely sleep deprived and wore out and my focus was spazzy. By my next semester though my new roommate and I got ourselves on sleep schedule, we still had plenty of time for friends and activities and I best of all I was zombieish no more!

It was a beautiful campus and the atmosphere was comfortable. It was a little community where everyone knew everybody else so it felt rather homey. Another perk for me was to have family near by and I knew the city from when I was young. I just knew the moment I stepped on the campus for my visit that is where I wanted to be and I belonged there.

Anybody who is really only looking for a party should steer clear of Mount Union. It's such a close knit community and is a very positive one at that that pretty much anyone and everyone I met was there for a reason of success. This was not high school where you had to go or you were in trouble for truency you were there because it was almost like home and everybody supported and encouraged you to do your best.

Alixandra

Whats unique about Mount Union is the pride we take in our sporting events. Our football team is very very good and we love to come out every Saturday afternoon and support these boys. Its neat to also know these boys and see them participating in classes and getting an education along with being an athlete.

If I could go back in time and give my high-school self advice about college, I would indefinitely tell myself to do what is best for myself and not for anyone else. I would go to a school where I wanted to go, to get an education and not for a social life. Being a senior in high school, I was dead set on getting as far away as I could from my small town of 10,000 people, and for that reason, I choose a huge university 6 hours away from home. After being away from home for an entire year, I knew that this huge school wasn’t right for me, and this was the reason why I decided to transfer. Going to a school with 30,000 students, 3 times the size of the population of my hometown, to a school with 5,000 students was night and day difference. Transferring to Mount Union University was the best decision I have ever made. I have made life-long friendships, and have formed bonds with so many people here at this small campus in Alliance Ohio.

I absolutely love the small school "feel" here at Mount Union. At a big school, your just a number, and here, its like you have your own school family. Its nice to walk around campus and actually know people and say "hello" to each other.

Andres

I would say keep it up with high grades. Also think about ur future in what your goin to do. Get a career not a job. Live stress free all of your life. Be the best person you can be in high school. Show what you can do in school so coleges can see what your head is at in life

Kelani

A very beautiful campus with helpful professors and a safe environment.

A very beautiful campus with helpful professors and a safe environment.

I would give my high school self the advice of looking at colleges for academic reasons and not mainly for their sports teams. I mainly looked for the best track teams that I could join. Now that I am in school and I know what I want to do I am finding myself wishing I would have done so. I love track so much but the school I am at does not have the major that I want to do so now I am going to have to transfer. I don’t regret coming to the school I am at, I am glad that I was able to do college track for a year, but my academics is more important so I am going to transfer to a school that has my major. So I just wish that I would have looked at colleges as a senior in high school for the school with the best program for my major and not necessarily for the school with the best track and field team.

Mary

Time management is the most important advice I could give to my high school self. College life is intimidating. A student has to find friends, and discover who they are while being successful. Classes are graded differently, and the work is much more difficult. It is most important that a student remains organized and motivated. Simple things like reading along, going to class, and doing homework the day it is given, are very important. Freshman are very easily side tracked by the social life of college, then let their studies fall behind. Once this pattern starts, it never stops. It is important that a student stays on track with the syllabus and finds a balance in college life. It is not easy, especially when someone is so new to being on their own. It becomes hard to wake up on your own, know when to eat, how long it takes for homework, or how much time should be spent watching TV. To go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would say the most important advice for the transition into college would be time management.

Immaturity, its so small people know everything

A small town school kid. Its very small here. Have to love Greek life because that is everything

Kelley

Mount Union is the perfect school for anyone who wants a serious college education, but still wants to have a small, tight-knit community and plenty of involvement.

Many times, I find myself reflecting on the past and how I’ve gotten to this point in my life where I stand today. While I realize how privileged I am, there are a few things I would have told myself when I was in high school to help my high school self through the difficult transition into college. My main piece of advice would be that it’s not the end of the world if I don’t know what I want to do for the rest of my life. Many people are trying to figure the same question out, and I’m not alone. I would’ve saved numerous sleepless nights, staying up worrying about what I could do with my future, what I would enjoy, what I would be good at, the list goes on and on. Now I realize that the first year of college is all about figuring that out, and that I have plenty of time to find the perfect fit for me.

Mount Union has a beautiful campus and I never mind walking to class because the walk is always pretty. I also know the majority of the students who attend there because it's such a small school. The small size is very impressive, as it gives me a lot more one on one time with my professors, most of whom know me by my name. Academics definitely come first, but everyone is encouraged to get involved in extracirriculars.

My advice to my high school self would be to not be afraid to go out on the limb and just be myself. College is all about discovery and figuring out what you want to do with your life. You will not get it right on the first try, but do not give up because the more you try the more you will learn about yourself. Never stop learning and advancing yourself just because others around you might be satisfied do not give up and go for average. My final advice is to learn as much as you can and just go for your dreams because you won't know what is possible until you try it and you might just suprise yourself when you go out and just do what you can.

The small classes and individualized attention are one of the best things about Mount. The Proffessors are always willing to help and they love getting questions, which will also help spice up classes.

The worst thing about Mount is the town. It is quite small and the main things people do include the cheap movies, the Nature Center, and driving out to Canton to go to the mall.

This school offers a lot of opportunities from organizations to clubs and groups.

I would not do anything different. I have loved everything about this campus and I am so glad I chose this school.

I would have to say the challenge professors give to students.

Kathryn

Research your major and school before you make your final decision. Look at a lot of options and don't limit yourself because you think you know what you want. Try and shadow someone in the field you are interested in and see if thats what you really can see yourself doing. I made the mistake of picking a major I didn't know enough about and I was limited to what schools I could attend for that major. I think there should be that "feeling" when you walk onto a campus and know its right for you. I got that feeling when I walked on to this campus. I fell in love with it after one visit and I knew it was exactly where I wanted to be. Also don't walk into college thinking it is one huge party like they show in movies. If you really want to be successful you need to start getting organized with everything. Take school seriously and make sure you give it top priority. So many people focus on only their social life and end up failing classes. I have a great social life and academically do well. Its all about balance.

Honestly there isn't anything I can think of. I knew a lot walking in because I was a transfer student and I was contacted repeatedly by different departments to get me set up and settled in easily.

I absolutely love the campus. It is really beautiful. I attended a different college for my freshman year in a big city where the campus was condensed into a few blocks and was not pretty to look at. This campus has a lot of open areas, well kept lawn, lots of trees, and nice and updated buildings. I went on my tour when it was raining and I still picked this campus because of how amazing it looked. They update buildings every year and do a lot to make the campus look great. I love sitting by the lakes.

Alexandra

The University of Mount Union is so much more than just a college! It is a prestigious, liberal arts school that strives to help each student succeed, it is where exceptional begins!

Mount Union is known for it's personal relaitonship between professor and student, allowing the small classroom sizes to benefit their succession. They are widely known for academic excellence and strives to bring out the best in each student!

The responsibility I have witnessed myself aquiring over these past few months is tremendous. I have matured more in the few months spent here, than I did thorughout high school. If I had the priveledge to go back in time and give myself one piece of advice, it would be this: strive for what you believe in! There are so many distractions to overcome at college and many people will try to hold you back, but if you shoot for your dreams anything is possible! Only you can hold yourself back, and if you do not push for what you believe in, you will never reach your true potential. Stop listening to people tell you, "You can't" show them you can! You have four years to create your future for the rest of your life, so make it count! Don't wait for the perfect moment, make this moment perfect!

University of Mount Union administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.