Alliance, OH
University of Mount Union

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Mount Union

Isaiah

My classmates are just as persistent in their college careers as I am and my peers are fun people to be around outside of class too.

One of the best things about Mount is the fact that your professors are willing to set their time aside to help a student in need. This is great, because if a student doesn't understand a subject that their professor went over in class they can just go outside of class.

Our school is known for both academics and athletics. We have very good educational programs and the school offers a variety of different majors and concentrations. We also have a fantastic football team and a women's basketball team that makes it very far in the tournment and even won the National Championship.

The high school that I attended prepared me for college more than I ever knew while there. The AP courses and college preparatory classes taught at a college level and resembled my classes here at Mount Union. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to take advantage of those courses and utitlize them to the best of my ability. I wish I could have respected them and the teachers better. I wish that I would have thanked my teachers every once and awhile to show my appreciation because of how much they have impacted my college experience. I was a very involved senior, playing multiple sports and attaining membership to a miriad of clubs so I would not change anything about my extra curricular life in high school. Because I achieved good grades and became very involved outside of the classroom, the only desire I have for my senior year is to have been more appreciative of what I had. No one can ever really understand how much they are blessed until it's gone and they can go back and reflect on it. I can only wish I gave more thank you's.

People that like to fade into the background should not attend Mount Union because it is a very small school and teachers get to know their students on a personal level.

Zachary

I would give myself several points of advise. First, I would definitely evaluate a school in many different phases and not focus on a certain topic. For example, choose a school because you feel comforatble there, you could see yourself living in the area afterwards, you could play sports or not, and feel welcomed. One major factor is playing sports, and if your cut or don't want to continue playing, you should still like the school and want to stay there. Second, I would tell myself to get involved right away, but take on leadership roles from the getco. I have been very involved in campus groups, but only as a member until my junior year. Showing that you took initiative and putting results down on paper is what really impresses recruiters, and creates a positive image for yoruself in the community.

The fact that it is not in a larger city with more hustle and bustle and things to do.

Someone who is academically focused and likes or needs professor attention.

Rebecca

All students at the University of Mount Union are caring individuals. Unlike some campuses, everyone is willing to do anything for another student. Even if it is a simple task of waiting and holding open a door for the person behind you, everyone is so gracious for a giving action. Being a student at such a close-knit college community is a great experience. Mount Union is providing me with a great education. Attendingthe University of Mount Union was definately the right decision for me because I feel right at home with all of the other students and faculty.

One great piece of advice that I would offer to my high school self is not getting to attached to home or a specific person in your high school. College provides you with multiple opportunities to meet hundreds of new people. If you still have ties with home that might distract you from enjoying college fully. Although, I myself have not had this problem, but I have seen it distract multiple of my new friends. Another piece of advice is to keep an open mind about everything. I have some new friends in college that I would not have expected to be friends with in high schol. Having an open mind allows you to try new things without qualms or distractions. Finally, the last piece of advice I have is HAVE FUN. College is of course about getting an education but with all of the studies, you cannot forget to go out and enjoy the college experience. My roomate has this problem and she tends to be stressed out a lot more than me. However, since I go out and have fun with my friend,s I am able to forget about school work and laugh about life.

The kind of person that shound not attend Mount Union is a person who wants to attend a large campus. Mount Union is a small campus where everyone says hi as he or she passes by. If a person is not willing to be nice to everyone and be open to having new friends, they might not fit in well at the University of Mount Union.

emily

My classmates are friendly. They all work hard to keep their grades up. Most of them are participants in a sport.

Anyone could. I would suggest it to people who come from a small school because Mount has a small class size. Small student to teacher classroom ratio. It's definitely not a dramatic change from a small school because the class sizes are going to be relatively the same. Plus, the professors are all super helpful.

Jacob

It is an overall nice school with some challenging college classes and everyone here either knows you or knows about you.

Mount Union is best known for their football program. They have won 10 DIII Championships in the last 12 years.

My advice to high school seniors is do not slack off in your classes. They just get harder and harder in college. Keep up on the books. If you do this when you're in high school then the transition from high school to college will be a lot easier.

Rachael

Mount Union College, as advertised, is best known for it's education program (which I tend to disagree with) and it's music program, which I do agree with. We are also known for our football team, but I'm not into sports. We are a liberal arts college, also known for it's smaller size and rich history. Mount Union was founded in the 1800's and has undergone many changes through out that time.

When I was first considdering colleges to apply for, I was looking for schools that offered music education degrees, that were close to home, smaller in size, and had well taken care of facilities. I was able to find all of these qualities here at Mount Union. Throughout the time I've been a student at this school, I've made wonderful friends, got married, and changed my major. Everyone here has been and still are extremely supportive.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I’m afraid that the younger me wouldn’t have listened. I would say to her that she shouldn’t worry so much about the little things and to ask for help because one day you’re going to find out just how much you’ll need it. Learn to organize your time before you even get to college so you don’t waste time on unnecessary websites; they will just drag your GPA down. Go to all the tutoring sessions that you can. Make sure that you go with your gut feeling. If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Voice your opinions and make sure you back them up. Don’t ever catch yourself saying, “I wish I would have…” Stop wishing and do it. I would say that she needs to spend time with God and her family every day. They will be your strength in hard times. One day you are going to have great responsibilities that the world is going to put on your shoulders. Face your challenges head on and don’t ever back down. Love always.

Takesha

The advice i wold give myself is to do stuff on time. dont wait and guess if i want to go to college or not. yes you want to go to college you might want to take a year break but dont take two because then you are going to be rushing to get things done. you might not know for sure what you want to major in but think about it dont wait, because everyone is moving on and no one is going to help you, you will have to get things done for yourself. get a job maybe two, save money dont count on your parents because they are not going to help you at all. just stay focused and dont leat anyone steer u away from your education.

Adrianna

If I were to go back and time and talk to myself when I was still a high school student, this is what I would say. Adrianna, you aren't taking high school as serious as you should right now. There are more important things in life than always having a good time with your friends. You need to focus more on your homework and studying for tests because when you gradute you aren't going to recieve any scholarships with grades like that. Education is the most important thing right now. If you gradute with good grades and get a scholarship you will be able to go away for school. You're family cannot afford to put you through a good four year college. You also will not be able to put yourself through a good four year college. You need to get back on track and focus on your grades so you can get yourself a scholarship, attend a good school, and start working on your education as soon as you gradute from high school.

brooke

I would suggest taking post secondary options or dual credit classes in high school. They have really prepared me for the college transition and I feel like I have a huge jump start on finishing my education as well as how to manage my time

The price of the school because it is difficult to afford even with aid. However, I know that I choose to go here and will receive a quality education

I brag about the opprotunities Mount provides me with for my future into Med school and with the exercise science programs

University of Mount Union administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.