Alliance, OH
University of Mount Union

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Mount Union

Erica

The University of Mount Unoin is a wonderful college with a teaching staff and academic atmosphere that allows students to fully enjoy learning and the entire college experience.

My college experience so far has been the biggest cause for change in my life. The transition from becoming a teenager to an adult, and going off to college to start building a foundation for the rest of a person's life is one the the biggest transitions in life that a person will ever go through. My college experience at Mount Union has showed me that when you try to succeed, and you really want to reach your goals, there are people out there to help you throuh every step. Your professors will soon become like your best friends and they will be there night and day to answer any questions and make sure you are on the track iin life that you want to be on. The University of Mount Union has been valuable to attend because they made that transition from a teenager to an adult smoother than it would have been if I would have chosen to attend somewhere else.

I do not believe there is any certain type of person that should attend this school because Mount Union always has its doors open to any student who has a thirst for knowledge and wishes to strive and reach goals in his or her life.

Jacie

My college experience has improved my communication skills. I delcared communcation studies as my minor when I was a freshman. I have an introverted personality but have learned to step outside of my personal box. As a freshman, I became an active member of many of our Mount Union's extra-curricular organizations and continue to partake in them still today as a junior. I've learned to work and listen to fellow peers. Furthermore, I continue to improve how I communicate effectively with international students. It's been a great experience to have Chinese and Japanese housemates. Communcation is part of our everyday lives. As a future employee, I must continue to improve my communication to gain networking opportunities, complete tasks asked of me, and effectively discuss matters with co-workers. I feel I've become a more well-rounded person with a more open mind to others.

Friendly and diverse professors. Great athletics and facilities.

Those whom are uninterested in sports and being active and those whom prefer to remain independent rather than getting involved.

rick

I have not yet gone to college but I am really looking foward to changeing my life this spring. For years I have been breaking my back for something that just pays my bills.now is the the time for change and this is the first step.I have put a little faith in the system and im going to give it my best shot.Wish me luck. THANKS.

Laura

Mount Union is a wonderful school with professors who challenge you to do the best you can do and work with you to do well and be successfull in life and school.

Although I have only been in college for one full semester, I have learned a lot. I have learned more about myself and who I am and what I am meant to do in life. I have been challenged and it has taught me to work harder and harder and to never give up no matter what happens. This school has been valuable to attend because I have learned so much, not just knowledge about educational topics in classes, but on the inside as well. I have learned how to live on my own and make difficult decisions. The college experience has caused me to grow up and mature more and to really think about the future and what I want and need in life. I am very grateful for the lessons Mount Union has taught me.

The kind of person who should attend this school is the type of person who is willing to always work hard to achieve their goals. The professors here really challenge you, and if you aren't up for the challenge, then this school isn't for you.

Jared

Our school is definitely best known for its football team along with its strong academics. The football team has won ten titles in the past thirty years and always has a good program. The school has a good academic program here as well, as the job placement after graduation is very high and the preparation for the real world is well done.

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience including new friends, a great education, and a more well-rounded social life. I feel that through Mount Union I was able to continue my friendships with friends along with meeting new people and create new relationships that will last past college. I also feel like I have received an amazing education that will provide me with the tools and resources to land a job after my graduation and be accurately prepared for the real world. Thirdly I feel that I have become a more well-rounded person due to my college experience because I have been able to be involved in a variety of activities on and off the campus. I have been able to work for the school, play sports both for fun and at the varsity levels, and be a part of many organizations. Finally, I feel like my college experience has been valuable to attend because it has taught me skills that will get me through the rest of my life, and has given me all of the ingredients I need to be successful in whatever I choose to do with the rest of my life.

The best thing about my school is the size of the school and the availability of professors. It is nice to walk to class and be able to see friends and socialize so you feel comfortable in the school atmosphere. The professors always have office hours and are more than willing to help out with assignments whenever it is necessary. The class sizes are small as well which makes it easier to know your classmates so you can work well together and succeed in the classroom.

Foster

In only three semesters Mount Union has allowed me to expand my knowledge to other cultures, regions, and people. Fraternity has allowed me to be involed both on and off campus with an amazing philanthropy that helps a Russian Ponery Orphanage that we have the oppurtunity to visit and aid in summer. Also I have learned to be more of a leader due to Sigma Nu. I was honored to be able to hold a high position since I joined that actually forms every member as a leader and can be a great resume builder in the future as well as a way to expand my proffesional network now. Due to the level of our football team I have learned football is not everything, and that I can look forward to a proffesional career someday growing out of the long childhood dream of playing in the NFL. I am not sure if I could have received these experience anywhere else but even with the option of selecting schools that gave me more aid, I feel at home here with a second family. The investment of going to the University of Mount Union is one that will last forever.

Mount Union is a small school that brings in alot of athletes to a strong division III school where we play for the love of the sport. Recently we had a loss in the purple Raider family and it can really bring together a school. In my major classes are very project oriented and because of the size group projects can simulate real world experience and prepare us for the future.

For me the most frustrating thing is also the reason I came here. Football is very demanding with a seemingly endless season. Also they seem to try and restrict athletes from beign involved across campus such as fraternity which I have chosen to experience. It is frustrating to hear coaches say stay away from the fraternity houses because they are trouble when they are quite the opposite here.

Diony

When dreaming about the college lifestyle, one must consider leaving their loved ones and living in a new environment. Most college freshmen have never been fully dependent and have no experience dealing with separation. Some fear the distance and disconnection, but I however, accept the challenge. At first I thought it would be difficult to find a college that was aligned with my needs and wishes, but Mount Union has everything – flexibility, opportunity, diversity, and a location balanced between town and city. Despite providing the comprehensive qualities often associated with larger schools, Mount Union's small size allows for a more personal college experience. After having to be strong through the distance separating my family and me, I’ve retained a sense of independence and inner strength. My newly found characteristics allow me to focus on my academics and my involvement throughout the University’s community. I have learned through my long distance relationship that disconnection makes you stronger. Hopefully, my confidence will serve as an example for students while finding their independence as well. Being away from the security blanket that is our home frightens most incoming college applicants, but I’m determined to complete my college experience.

The only flaw that I've found myself to see over and over again, is the student body not taking full advantage of the opportunities that Mount Union provides. I don't understand why some of the students here don't fully exploit all of the chances here on campus. There's always that handful of students who will say that campus life is boring but those are probably the same students who are blind to the life on campus.

Mount Union is a place "where execptional begins..." These are the first words I remember seeing when I arrived here on campus. So far, the school has actually supported and backed up its mission statement. Whenever I go back home, I brag and tell my friends of the many opportunities that the University provides for its students. Alongside being a player on one of the best football teams in the nation, I am also able to express my interests through different organizations and activities around campus. Honestly, who would want anything less than execptional ? I know I wouldn't!

Mount Union is a university with a small town feel. With a population of 2300 undergraduates and graduate students you get to know your fellow classmates very quickly. The professors as easily approachable and class size is small. Mount Union can meet your needs on an individual basis and you do not just feel like a faceless student walking the halls of your building. Because of its small size the Mount Union community becomes your second family. The faculty and staff are invested in your academic and career success as a result, and stive to make your goals a reality.

College changes my life in a lot of ways, and I feel that I am a better person as a result. When I first started attending Mount Union I was unsure of what I wanted to do with my life other than go to college, because everyone else was going to college. Once I started attending classes, I learned about a world that exists far beyond my classroom. As a result, college has instilled in me a natural curiosity for the world. In receiving an education, I learned that even without realizing it that every aspect of our daily lives involves a complexity of processes and the topics that I have learned about in the classroom are day to day events, not abstract things that have no value outside of the classroom. In attending college I have learned about the variety of thoughts and ideas that exist throughout the world and acquired an overall zest for life. I want to learn as much as possible and apply it to my chosen career as I leave the classroom and enter the workforce. I owe all this to my four years of college. My life would be berefit and empty without it.

Over the years Mount Union seems to have lowered it standards in order to accept more students into the university. I think that this has brought down the quality of the classes that I am in and perhaps has led to the college becoming more primarily focused on those more interested in the social aspects of attending college than the educational ones. Keeping the univeristy small promotes a more competitive admissins process and keeps the quality of students up, allowing too many students in weakens the school not only because we do not have the living space for them.

Jamie

My college experience has been really fantastic thus far. The only problem I have come accross is how I am going to pay for it. I have been sort of naive in thinking that it wouldn't be that bad, but it is getting more real every day. The friendships I have made here has changed my life, and will change it for the rest of my life. The classes I take are usually relevant to my major, and I learn a lot from them. Without this experience I would not be the same person, and even if I have serious troubles paying for it in the end, I will forever remember my days spent here.

The fact that there are so many cliques and it is difficult to find a group of friends.

Haley

A close-knit community with great students, faculty/staff, and many options for fun and learning!

I feel that in the 1 semester and 1 month that I have been attending the University of Mount Union, I have received a great education so far. My professors are wonderful and I lover the small class sizes. Having small class sizes means more one on one time with the professors, which is so helpful (especially when you are having trouble with material). I like the fact that the campus is small because it really makes you feel like you are a part of the University community. I enjoy the fact that there are always things going on around campus and that there are so many wonderful clubs, organizations, and service projects that any student can be a part of. I love campus life at the University of Mount Union!

By 2012, all of our general education requirements will be different and the credits are changing from 3 to 4 credit classes. The changes need to be made, however It is frustrating because that will affect us students who are freshmen now. So, it is difficult to schedule gen ed classes when you have in the back of your mind that maybe we don't even really need to be taking this course if they are changing the gen ed requirements!

University of Mount Union administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.