Alliance, OH
University of Mount Union

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Mount Union

Blaike

My school is a small liberal arts school and takes pride in its academics and athletics.

I have made a lot of new friends and people. I have also learned a lot of things that will be valuable to me when I pursue my career. It is very important for me to attend because I want to accomplish something that no one in my family has done, which is to graduate from college.

I brag about how good our academics are and our football team

Chelsea

My classmates at Mount Union College are amazing people that are very open-minded, friendly, and helpful.

If I were to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would definitely tell myself to relax and be patient. College life is what you make of it, not what it makes of you. As a senior, there is only so much you can do to get prepared for college. If you have done the financial aid part and have declared a school, there is not much more you can do, other than relax and enjoy the rest of your senior year. Also, the transition to college was more easy than expected. My advice I would tell myself would be to put myself out there, make friends, and get involved. Like I said, college is what you make of it, so make the best of it. Being involved makes it enjoyable and you meet so many people and get many connections. So, as I senior I would tell myself, be yourself, be patient, get one what needs done, and RELAX!

Mount Union College is a very diverse and original school. It is difficult to express who should not come to this school because the students present are all very unique and different. However, if I absolutely had to choose, I would say a non-spirited and backward person. MUC is like a family. Everyone gets along and everyone speaks with everyone. So, if someone is not willing to put themselves out there and become a part of this family, maybe it is not the school for them.

Tom

The advise that I would give myself before going into college and what to expect would be as follows. One would be learn how to mangage your time very wisely and do not waste your time on doing nothing. Also make as many friends as you can at college, becuase having alot of friends can be beneficial to you later in life. The reason is that you never know who that person may know or later in life they remember you for being there for them and help ypu out later in life. Another thing would be improve your study habits so that you do not have to cram study sessions in before a test. Lastly, enjoy yourself during college, it is a very fun time. Then i would say, be smart and keep your head on straight becuase you don't want to make anyone disappointed of you back home.

The best thing of this school is that the learning enviorment and the people surrounding you are unbelievable. All the teachers are very caring and try to get the best out of their students. Mount also provides plenty of opportunities so that there students can succeed to their best abilities. We have a writing center so you can have any of your papers revised and there are tutors for every class so that everyone can be there best when it comes to there studies. The people on campus and the teachers are very welcoming and pleasant to be around.

Honestly, this school is good for anyone that wants to attend college. I can say that we have every kind of type of person possible at our school that you can imagine. The only reason that someone that could not attend this school is that if you do not have the money to attend the school. There are many ways to help you succeed at this school, so there is no reason someone should not attend this school.

Kelsey

Mount Union is a very beautiful, small campus.

Mount Union is a very beautiful, small campus.

The classes are harder than high school, but that is expected and as long as you try your hardest and best you will do fine. Don't be shy the first week, everyone is in your position and wants to make friends.

Any one with the desire to learn.

Shannon

Many people recognize Mount Union for our football team. They are the Division III national champions most years and provide our student body with a large sense of pride. While the football team is great many people do not look beyond this to realize that Mount Union is also extremely advanced educationally. This has a lot to do with the point I made in the first question. There are so many resources here to help students succeed and feel welcome. Mount Union, while known mostly for football, is an extraordinary college in many other ways as well.

As a high school senior there is a lot of stress to pick the "right" college. If I was able to talk to myself as a high school senior this would be the first point I would address. I would tell myself to go with my gut feeling (which is what I eventually did but after a lot of thinking and stress). I would also reassure myself that I have been making responsible decisions up until this point so what makes this decision any different. This advice would have relieved much of the stress that preparing for college brings upon an individual. I would also tell myself not to be so worried about the transition. This is because while I was worrying so much about transitioning to a college student I wasn't able to see how prepared I actually was. This too brought on stress pertaining to college. Overall I would basically just keep reassuring myself that I am able and willing to do what it takes in college so I should stop worrying. Finally I would tell myself to study more for the AP test so that I did not have to take math in college.

The best thing about Mount Union College is the sense of importance that you feel as a student here. From the first time I visited Mount Union I always felt like I was a valued person rather then just a number. The class sizes are small so you get individual attention. The entire faculty and staff, whether it be in the cafeteria or a professor, makes you feel welcome and important. You are always treated the the upmost respect by everyone at this institution. Mount Union really stands out from other Colleges in many ways but in the sense especially.

casey

Mount Union is best known for their Varsity football team.

Mount Union is best known for their Varsity football team.

Mount Union is very career based, they focus on finding students a job after college and they are very successful in doing so.

Jacob

Fun loving, diverse group of people who love to enjoy life while still being focused enough to do well in school.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice about college life and making the transition, the best thing I could tell myself would be to be open. College is about discovery, meeting new people, and experiencing new things. The best way to transition to college and get the most out of the experience as a whole is to be outgoing from the beginning. College is where you will meet a lot of life long friends and the best way to meet people is to be outgoing and open to new ideas. College is a very diverse environment and if you are not open to new ideas or types of people you might miss out on a lot of meaningful relationships that could really enhance your life. A final bit of advice would be to get involved on campus from the start. Getting involved on campus is a great way to meet people with similiar interests and also to get more out of your college experience. Overall, be outgoing, open to new things, and most of all, be yourself. College is a fresh start and a chance to be whoever you want to be. Take advantage of it!

I wish I had known about the amount of people that go home on the weekends.

Diana

Mount Union College strives for success in all apsects of life including academics, service, sports, and especially life after graduation.

College is the transitional step between the real world and being a kid. It makes you more aware, responsible, and dedicated. College shapes you into the person you decide to become with the help of professors, mentors, new friends, and clubs. It is important to make the most of your college experience, because only you can control your life and where you go. It is up to you to set goals for yourself and make the choices to reach them. College is a wonderful experience that should not be taken for granted, but should be lived to the fullest in every aspect. Without pushing yourself and learning your own capabilities, you will never know the endless possibilities of goals you can reach and surpass by creating new ones. Most importantly, plan ahead, but live in the moment because you can never go back and recreate this amazing experience called college.

Your college experience is what you decide to make it, so it is important to follow your dreams and not let anything hold you back from your interests, goals, and academic success. You are responsible for your own decisions and your own future, so let your heart lead you to where you want to be.

Jesse

They do not change their worldview no matter that they are presented with.

They do not change their worldview no matter that they are presented with.

I would advise myself that it is critical to just remain calm and that the transition is awkward for everyone. Almost everyone at college is making the same transisiton that I am and they are just as nervous as I am as well. The professors and staff on campus are willing to do anything to help you and you should use them to your advantage. I would also tell myself that I need to attend the meetings of different groups across campus because they will make my transisiton as lot easier. The people at college just want to have fun and socialize so don't be afraid of conversation. Making friends in a new place isn't as hard as it seems.

One who wants to be surrounded by many people or have a large campus population on the weekend.

In finding the right college I believe that feeling welcome is very important. I chose Mount Union because I felt welcomed and invited and that feeling is what provided me with the opportunity to succeed. Feeling welcome allowed me to dive head first into my classes as well as into getting involved on campus. With the presence of comfort and the absence of fear I have become the president of organizations, the student representative on faculty committees and a coordinator for our New Student Orienation program. Feeling welcome, I was able to easily approach my professors and advisors and was able to ask for help when I needed it. The sense of welcome also provides a challenge to new students. If you feel welcome at a college/university, you have already cleared one hurdle- you don't have to worry as much about feeling unwanted or out of place. Without the uneasy feeling of feeling out of place you can immediately focus your energy on becoming an active part of the community that has welcomed you. Lastly, it is important that both parents and students communicate. Both parents and students should feel comfortable about the instiution in question.

The best thing about the College is the sense of community. There is always a friendly face, whether it be a student, faculty or staff memeber. Also, Mount provides you with the sense that one person can make a change. As a student active in co corricular activities here, I have been able to come to the realization that if you ask, attempt, and perservere, you really can change your environment. I feel that the small community feel has allowed me to make that realization and I may not have been able to realize that at a bigger/different school.

The most frustrating thing about the College is that overall, the students here are apathetic. There is not a lot of drive to change things, many students do not question the information they receive and do no more than is necessary.

University of Mount Union administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.