University of Mount Union

« See more reviews of University of Mount Union

I wish I would have realized that living in a more of a rural setting would sometimes get boring and old because on weekends students do not always want to go out and drink and party sometimes they are interested in going to a big mall and dinner etc. which is 25 minutes away from campus. Unless you go to the local alliance mall and theatre which isnt bad but doesn't consume the entire night.

I wish I knew that they were in transition of their Gen Ed requirements, and that to an extent this is a very "do it yourself" campus, if you want something done, you have to go out and do it, there is help available, but you have to find it. Also that work-study jobs are rather hard to find sometimes.

Your college experience is what you decide to make it, so it is important to follow your dreams and not let anything hold you back from your interests, goals, and academic success. You are responsible for your own decisions and your own future, so let your heart lead you to where you want to be.

Before coming to the University Of Mount Union, wish I had more knowledge about the cultural things to do in Alliance. Presentations of ones most suited for incorporating in a busy semester schedule would aid in its activity.

I was never taught how to write a paper properly. I wish I would have known that. However, Mount Union has all students take a college writing class during their freshman year to prepare them for college.

Well, when you begin college there are thousands of things going through your mind. After being there for a year, the only thing that I wish I had known was just how expensive textbooks were going to be.

Honestly there isn't anything I can think of. I knew a lot walking in because I was a transfer student and I was contacted repeatedly by different departments to get me set up and settled in easily.

I wish I would have known what the weather is like yearly before attending this school because half the school year it is freezing and you are walking around campus in the cold and snowy weather.

What there was to do around campus and what to get involved in. If I had more of an upper hand on what was going on at this school, I would feel more involved with the school and the campus life.

The financial aide office is not very accomodating, they suddenly find all these scholarships to help you pay for school only when you threaten to leave and transfer.