Kearney, NE
University of Nebraska at Kearney

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Nebraska at Kearney

Ashlynn

I am very glad I chose to come here. As being only a freshman I feel right at home with everyone. You aren't left out of things and there always seems to be something going on around campus that reaches everyone. The professor's are some of the best I have ever had and they are really easy to work with on things.

Keesha

It took a while to get used to it, but I suppose all colleges do. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, especially the staff and professors. I don't have a dull class and can literally feel myself becoming a more intelligent human. Friends just seem to pop up and there's always something to do from planetarium shows to concerts to Halloween poker parties. The atmosphere and people are worth coming here itself but the professors are first rate. If I could change one thing though, I would change the color of the walls in the tower dorms. This shade of grey is not one of the more attractive ones.

Jose

My overall opinion of the University of Nebraska at Kearney is it is a popular college in all of Nebraska. So many students that are residents outside of Nebraska have told me they heard great reviews about this university, and were convinced that this was the college best suited for them for many reasons. It does not matter what part of the world you are from, this university is best suited for every individual.

Baily

Fantastic professors and staff. Friendly atmosphere and plenty of great academic and extracurricular​ opportunities.

Jeysel

Well there's a saying around these parts that goes: You can't spell 'drunk' without UNK. As much as I'd like to argue the statement, because I feel that it gives the wrong impression of our school, I have to agree. You really can't spell 'drunk' without UNK. Witty student sayings aside, it's a great school. In fact, in 2010 it ranked top 10 in U.S. News' ranking of regional public universities. Really, google it. Okay, so maybe the first result is our school's website. No bias. I can vouch for it!

I would say, "Jeysel, I promise you, you're NOT going to marry Jose. There'll be at least one more Jose in your life until you realize how unimportant this issue is. You're not a failure for going to community college first. In fact, you're saving yourself a lot money. Also, you need to start applying for scholarships yesterday, trust me you'll thank me later. Take Chem 145 before you take 160. It will save you many an all night-er. Stock up on flashcards. You're about to take the ASVAB in two weeks. Please, don't cry during the math portion. Frankly, it's embarrassing, and you'll do a lot better than you think you will. Practice makes perfect. In fact, later you find out that math is actually kind of fun. Don't be intimidated when you transfer to UNK. Apply yourself and you'll find that school isn't as scary as you make it out to be. Join ROTC the first week you're there. It's the best decision you'll ever make. Remember, you'll be just fine. I believe in you. Now go make us proud."

If I'm ever hankering for a slice of carb-y cheesy goodness I go to the Union. They have the option of pizza every single day in the cafeteria. EVERY DAY. Also, the sidewalks are shoveled and salted after flurries. They clearly care about our well-being. My psychology advisor is really cool this semester. He experiments on ducks and his hair is always perfectly gelled (ratio is about 60% hair to 40% gel). I rarely ever comb my hair but this guy knows what he's doing. Great school. Amazing pizza. Incredible hair.

Shelby

University of Nebraska at Kearney is best known for its education program and business program.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to even out my social life and my school life. I would tell myself to go be with friends more because I based the majority of my senior year on studying because the social aspect of your life is important in college. These people are the people you are most likely going to have for most of your life. Another thing I would tell my highschool self is to appreciate the education I was able to obtain. Not very many people had the opportunity to receive 23 college credits for taking classes in high school. I would also tell myself to talk to my english teachers about doing more papers in APA instead of MLA. It was nice learning how to do papers properly in MLA but every paper I have had to do has been in APA. One last thing I would tell my high school senior self is to work more in the summer instead of go out and hang out with friends all the time.

I believe that anyone can attend the University of Nebraska at Kearney.

Albert

I wish I would have known there were tutors my freshman year. That and mental health...it was a rough year

No one should be left out of going to school here.

Veronica

My school is a friends, accepting, warm place where friends are easily made and teachers and staff actually care for your well-being and the well-being of others.

I would tell myself to be myself. I would tell myself that things get better here and that my depression will start going away. I would say, "You are going to find friends here. Some friends might be unwanted, but other friends are going to be amazing." I would tell my past self that my relationship with my boyfriend is going to bloom and to not be afraid to tell him what's on my mind or else that will create problems. I would say, "Don't be afraid to stand up to Mom and Dad. You are becoming a mature adult and they can't boss you around. Don't be afraid to be yourself and to stand your ground." I would also tell myself to not worry, but knowing me, I would anyways.

I consider the environment to be the best thing about my school because the people here are very accepting and caring. I deal with mental issues, and they don't judge me. They help me get through it and the teachers work with me to make the learning here nonstressful and easy to keep up with.

Jaime

My classmates are friendly and outgoing individuals, who are more than willing to lend a helping hand when the time comes.

The vibes that you get from the people and environment, immediately you feel right at home.

I went from high school senior to a community college freshman in one summer, transitioning to a community college wasn't as hard as I thought it would have been. If I could go back I would tell myself to save money and prepare for bigger things. When I decided that I wanted to go to Kearney I would have told myself to put money in a savings account once a month that way I had money for when my big college bills came; such as tuition for UNK, books, room/board, parking fees and more. Knowing now that money doesn't grow on trees and a university is more expensive, I definitely would have saved sooner and longer for my future. Grants and loans take time to pay off while scholarships are "free" money to those who are willing to work for it. I would tell my high school senior self, work on the scholarships as they are given to you, don't let them pile up, once deadlines are gone scholarships are done.

University of Nebraska at Kearney administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.