Kearney, NE
University of Nebraska at Kearney

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Nebraska at Kearney

Laura

There is quite a range of classmates; it is easy to participate if you sit toward the front and provide input, but it is also very easy to slack off or skip.

My college experience has forced me to mature and hold me accountable for my actions. It is relatively easy to enroll in a college and register for classes, but there is no one to wake you up and make you attend classes. You get out of it what you put in to it. Going to college has exposed me to people and cultures I otherwise would not have experienced, and without the adventure of a college education I do not believe I would be on the path I have now chosen for my future.

Perfect midwestern university with lots of diversity, sports, and a great level of education!

University of Nebraska at Kearney is known for being an unknown school. Most students are from rural towns, but we do have lots of diversity, our profesors teach us, most classes are small, and lots of students do research.

I would tell myself to pick whatever college that I wanted to pick. It does not matter what anyone else says or chooses, it is important what I feel is the best choice for me. It is not not important what choices my friends are making or where they are going to college. I would also say to pick a size college that I know that I would feel comfortable in, because that is different for everyone. I would also make sure I think about everything that is importnat to me in a college before I chose one. I would tell my self not to worry about chosing a major, eventually one will come to me. I would tell my self to be relaxed about everything and try not to worry too much. I would tell my self that something will work out and it will be great.

Blaine

Kearney has an excellent honors program. Kearney is the best reaseach university in the Midwest. The undergraduate research program allows you to do independent research and get a stipend. Your research can be published. The Reseach Council grants funds to students and they have a Summer Student Research Probram. Phi Gamma Delta has chartered themselves on this campus. This fraternity is very active on campus and in the community catering to youth. Kearney has an excellent Fine Arts program including band, vocal and drama. The advisors and faculty at Kearney have the student's interests in their hearts. Go Lopers!

I was ranked in the top ten percent of my class. I completed Algebra I in eight grade and didn't realize this class would count in my high school classes. I would have tried harder in eigth grade because this class lowered my GPA. I spend the four years working to correct my score and finally built my GPA to a 4.0. I regret making a late decision to attend Kearney becasue by the time I applied for admission, I was too late for university scholarships. I had to work an extra job to help with my funding for college. I took the ACT test 3 times as a senior. Looking back I wish I would have taken this test once as a freshman, sophomore, and junior, follwed by four times as a senior. I wish colleges would not base everything on the ACT as it is only one score to test a person's aptitude. I learned early you need to finish what you start. I became an Eagle Scout when I was a freshman. I have been able to use these skills to built my leadership from high school into college. My advice is academics first!

Any diverse individual from any background. University has an excellent honors program. Class size is usually under 20 students per class unless the class is a general education class. Advisors are excellent and goal oriented. Students attending Kearney can be average students as UNK makes students feel speical regardless of their ability. Kearney is a diverse town in central Nebraska and attracts students from all over the world. This is the best bang for your buck for an university experience in Nebraska. Perspectus students need to look into Kearney as they have spend millions to upgrade the university.

Elisia

My classmates are very fun to be around, outgoing, and high spirited.

My classmates are very fun to be around, outgoing, and high spirited.

If i could go back in time, I would tell myself to study more. Studying will get you much better grades than just tackling the quiz or test the day of. I would also tell myself that I need to join school activities. School activities and functions will get you more involved and will let you have a lot of fun with your other classmates. Go to the many sports events. This will get you to go out and support your school and have a bunch of fun doing it. You also meet a lot of people and other students at the sporting event. Go to tailgates and enjoy time before the game as well. Another thing s, make sure you go to all of your classes. If you don't you could be penalized and your GPA will drop and you may lose scholarships. I would tell myself all these things and more. To be successful in college you need to do these things and have fun doing them. It is a great experience and will get you to where you want to go in life.

I wish i knew how to study better before coming here because i'm not a good studier.

Niko

One of the top business school in america.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself college is not what it is made out on tv. College is another job

Drew

I like the UNK campus and the teachers are great.

I like the UNK campus and the teachers are great.

It is still a university, but it is smaller than some of the other bigger schools. There is a smaller teacher to student ratio and smaller classes are great. They also have a great education program and a good biology program.

I would tell myself exactly what i wanted to major in so then i could start on my major as soon as possible.

The University of Nebraska-Kearney allows you to pursue your dreams by providing you with all the information and tools to succeed.

I would advise myself to take the scholarship hunt a little more seriously. The college gives you a rough estimate of what it is going to cost you to attend; however, it doesn't factor in life outside of education. I really wish I would have taken the time to do a little more research into loans, grants, and scholarships available to me then. Rather than struggle to pay for college now. Also, I would advise myself to save money then while I had the opportunity. If I had made wiser choices concerning savings I think I would be a little better off. Another thing I would tell myself is that making the transition isn't that hard but you will miss home. I wasn't prepared to miss home and my family as much as I did.

Someone who is looking for a big campus with a small school atmosphere. This school is also great for people looking to get involved in a wide variety of extra-curricular activities from intramural sports to clubs UNK has it all.

Britney

My classmates work only as hard as they need to in order to accomplish the task of the instructor.

The transition to college life is what you make of it. If you go into the situation with a positive attitude, then anyone can make a positive experience regarless of where they attend school. Also, don't let the pressures of others influence the direction of your career. Your education is something that no one can ever take away from you so make the most of every opportunity to inhance it. Relationships are the most import part of college. The relationships that you make with professors and with those of the community will make the transition from high school to college much easier. Keep your eyes and ears open to new experiences because you never no if one will pass you by.

The opportunity for students to do research as undergraduates in their field that is meaningful.

Cidnee

It has been a great experience, but not what I was really looking for in a college.

If I could go back in time as a high school senior, and give myself advice, I would remind myself how fast time flys by and how I need to live every moment of every day. In high school, I was always so excited to go to college and get out of high school, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but I have seen that there are only so many days in our lives, and we need to enjoy every single one of them for what they are.

I wish I would have looked into how many in-state students there are and would have known how big of a "suitcase" college it really is.

mike

A small friendly campus, great place to go; but they don't have a lot of degree oppurtunities.

I would advise myself to spend more time hanging out with my friends. I was a bookworm in highschool, and I worried too much about my grades. Things work out ok in the wash, I wish I'd have taken time to smell the roses.

Professors are easily available, and willing to drop what they're doing to help students.

University of Nebraska at Kearney administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.