Kearney, NE
University of Nebraska at Kearney

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Nebraska at Kearney

Brianne

So far, I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. I have been able to grow and become more independent. I was able to learn how to fend for myself and solve problems on my own. Also, I have learned how to get out of my comfort zone and meet new people. When I started at UNK I didn't know anyone and I was able to just sit down at random tables and talk to people because everyone there is so kind. Another way my college experience has affected me is that I have learned a lot about my major in just the few classes that I have taken thus far. I really like all of my classes this past semester. They were very hands on and the professors were open to your ideas and loved when the class actually asked questions and got into a discussion. Overall, my college experience has been excellent. I have made a lot of new friends, gotten a great education, and become a better me.

I love the size of my school. The campus is spread out a little bit, but its really easy to make it to class on time. Plus, when I walk on campus I will always see a few people I know, which I find really nice. The class sizes are perfect. There is about 20 to 30 students in a class so its big enough for discussions to take place and small enough for the professors to know your name.

I always say that my school is really close knit. Everyone in my residence hall gets along really well and we all hang out on a regular basis unlike some schools where the students don't even know who their neighboors are.

Jamilah

The first thing I recieved from college was a since of responsibility. It was no longer up to my mother to asisst me with selecting courses. It became my sole responsibilty to show up for class to learn the materials to pass. It became my responsibility to reach out to my teachers if I am not grasping the information being taught, outside of class. I have become responsible to pay for my school and pursue a job to be able to afford my tuition. Also, I am responsible to get material and textbooks for courses work. It has been very valuable for me to attend school because I have learned so much information. The general education erquirements allow me to learn material that I never experienced in high school courses or that I may not Know much in. It has been valuable to attend because I know when I graduate I will be able to find a great job in my field of study, that I can not without any college experience. I will have many job fields I can go into with accounting and not be "stuck" in a position and unhappy that I had potential that I wasted.

Brian

College has been an eye opener for me. College has helped me figure out who I am as a person and decide how I am going to make a difference in today's society. I have learned that College is not just a place I can go to listen to lectures and meet new friends. However, it is a place that I can go to begin opening doors towards wonderful opportunities. I believe that the knowledge I have and will gain from taking College classes will show others the value that a College education has on your life. You can go places and do things that you would not have been able to do otherwise. A College education is a very valuable tool to have because it shows employers that you are dedicated, responsible, and willing to challenge yourself in many ways in order to be successful. College has provided me with the necessary skills needed in order to face the future and begin planning the rest of my life. Truly understanding the value that College offers students is complex, but helps others become more prepared for what the future holds.

Krista

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. I have decided what I want to do with my life which is huge. I have already gotten some time in a school setting that has really made me realize that teaching special educaiton is what I want to do. I have made some amazing friends and met some really fun people. I have had some great professors that have helped me out a lot with furthering my education. Making friends and having great teachers is valuable because my friends are a great support system and my professors are helping me and pushing me to do the best that I can.

The best thing about my school is all the activities there are on and off campus to do. Groups are always putting on fun FREE stuff for us to do. Businesses from the area come to an event and give away free prizes and interact with the students.

I think that any kind of person can attend this school. We have all kinds of people on campus. Also, they range in ages. I have seen some people taking classes that are in their sixties and others that are only eighteen. There are also many people from different countries that attend the school as well as every state in the United States. There are quite people and very outgoing. It is a very diverse campus where everyone is welcome.

Laura

There is quite a range of classmates; it is easy to participate if you sit toward the front and provide input, but it is also very easy to slack off or skip.

My college experience has forced me to mature and hold me accountable for my actions. It is relatively easy to enroll in a college and register for classes, but there is no one to wake you up and make you attend classes. You get out of it what you put in to it. Going to college has exposed me to people and cultures I otherwise would not have experienced, and without the adventure of a college education I do not believe I would be on the path I have now chosen for my future.

Perfect midwestern university with lots of diversity, sports, and a great level of education!

University of Nebraska at Kearney is known for being an unknown school. Most students are from rural towns, but we do have lots of diversity, our profesors teach us, most classes are small, and lots of students do research.

I would tell myself to pick whatever college that I wanted to pick. It does not matter what anyone else says or chooses, it is important what I feel is the best choice for me. It is not not important what choices my friends are making or where they are going to college. I would also say to pick a size college that I know that I would feel comfortable in, because that is different for everyone. I would also make sure I think about everything that is importnat to me in a college before I chose one. I would tell my self not to worry about chosing a major, eventually one will come to me. I would tell my self to be relaxed about everything and try not to worry too much. I would tell my self that something will work out and it will be great.

Blaine

Kearney has an excellent honors program. Kearney is the best reaseach university in the Midwest. The undergraduate research program allows you to do independent research and get a stipend. Your research can be published. The Reseach Council grants funds to students and they have a Summer Student Research Probram. Phi Gamma Delta has chartered themselves on this campus. This fraternity is very active on campus and in the community catering to youth. Kearney has an excellent Fine Arts program including band, vocal and drama. The advisors and faculty at Kearney have the student's interests in their hearts. Go Lopers!

I was ranked in the top ten percent of my class. I completed Algebra I in eight grade and didn't realize this class would count in my high school classes. I would have tried harder in eigth grade because this class lowered my GPA. I spend the four years working to correct my score and finally built my GPA to a 4.0. I regret making a late decision to attend Kearney becasue by the time I applied for admission, I was too late for university scholarships. I had to work an extra job to help with my funding for college. I took the ACT test 3 times as a senior. Looking back I wish I would have taken this test once as a freshman, sophomore, and junior, follwed by four times as a senior. I wish colleges would not base everything on the ACT as it is only one score to test a person's aptitude. I learned early you need to finish what you start. I became an Eagle Scout when I was a freshman. I have been able to use these skills to built my leadership from high school into college. My advice is academics first!

Any diverse individual from any background. University has an excellent honors program. Class size is usually under 20 students per class unless the class is a general education class. Advisors are excellent and goal oriented. Students attending Kearney can be average students as UNK makes students feel speical regardless of their ability. Kearney is a diverse town in central Nebraska and attracts students from all over the world. This is the best bang for your buck for an university experience in Nebraska. Perspectus students need to look into Kearney as they have spend millions to upgrade the university.

Elisia

My classmates are very fun to be around, outgoing, and high spirited.

My classmates are very fun to be around, outgoing, and high spirited.

If i could go back in time, I would tell myself to study more. Studying will get you much better grades than just tackling the quiz or test the day of. I would also tell myself that I need to join school activities. School activities and functions will get you more involved and will let you have a lot of fun with your other classmates. Go to the many sports events. This will get you to go out and support your school and have a bunch of fun doing it. You also meet a lot of people and other students at the sporting event. Go to tailgates and enjoy time before the game as well. Another thing s, make sure you go to all of your classes. If you don't you could be penalized and your GPA will drop and you may lose scholarships. I would tell myself all these things and more. To be successful in college you need to do these things and have fun doing them. It is a great experience and will get you to where you want to go in life.

I wish i knew how to study better before coming here because i'm not a good studier.

Niko

One of the top business school in america.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself college is not what it is made out on tv. College is another job

Drew

I like the UNK campus and the teachers are great.

I like the UNK campus and the teachers are great.

It is still a university, but it is smaller than some of the other bigger schools. There is a smaller teacher to student ratio and smaller classes are great. They also have a great education program and a good biology program.

I would tell myself exactly what i wanted to major in so then i could start on my major as soon as possible.

University of Nebraska at Kearney administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.