University of Nebraska at Kearney Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Nebraska at Kearney

Ashlynn

I am very glad I chose to come here. As being only a freshman I feel right at home with everyone. You aren't left out of things and there always seems to be something going on around campus that reaches everyone. The professor's are some of the best I have ever had and they are really easy to work with on things.

Nolan

Great class size, and campus size.

Alexis

UNK was my first and only choice in college when I got accepted I cried! Being from Lincoln the distance isn't awful! It's close yet it is still far. The University has helped me in so many ways. The professors are amazing and helpful. The class sizes are small to medium but never too large. My largest was 20. The school has also helped me make life-long friendships that I'm so glad I have. The other students are so nice and helpful if I need help with something I'm not afraid to ask. Also the food is decent but if you're craving something else just drive up 2nd ave and you'll have plenty of options. Last but not least, Go Lopers!

Baily

Fantastic professors and staff. Friendly atmosphere and plenty of great academic and extracurricular​ opportunities.

Meagan

Overall, I like the University of Nebraska at Kearney. Students there receive a quality education at an affordable price. It is one of the cheapest universities in Nebraska. The professors truly care about the students. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved on campus.

Riley

The University of Nebraska at Kearney is one of the greatest colleges in Nebraska. Here in Loper territory, we take pride in doing a great job inside and outside the classroom. Many students love the Kearney campus because several people enjoy the smaller campus but still enjoy the University feel. The campus is very inviting to non-lopers as well. There is a fountain in the middle that gives students a very relaxing place to study during their down time. The class sizes are fairly similar to an average sized high school. Depending on the class, it typically ranges from 25-30 people. The smaller class sizes give students the opportunity to connect with their professors and really get to know them. As students we never run out of things to do. There are always fun activities on campus that keep students involved. UNK has a solid intramural program that keeps high school athletes who did not further their athletic career, the chance to stay involved with their favorite sports. A great intramural team needs fuel, which moves to our next topic of food. Our cafeteria certainly lacks quality, from under cooked pizza to random side dishes that do not correlate with the main dish, to overall cleanliness. On the plus side the breakfast is the best part of the cafeteria however it can get repetitive. The cafeteria is a place where people hang out and talk about their day and is a great place to relax with your friends. This is a great place to attend college that is not as big as every other university. Overall, the University of Nebraska at Kearney is a very great place to attend college and I would highly recommend this University to anyone who is looking for a homey college.

It's an ok school if you're on a budget and don't want to go to a community college but if I could go somewhere else I would. The professors are easy enough to get along with and get ahold of but it seems that everyone is more focused on getting the credits to graduate rather than know what they're talking about.

Keesha

It took a while to get used to it, but I suppose all colleges do. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, especially the staff and professors. I don't have a dull class and can literally feel myself becoming a more intelligent human. Friends just seem to pop up and there's always something to do from planetarium shows to concerts to Halloween poker parties. The atmosphere and people are worth coming here itself but the professors are first rate. If I could change one thing though, I would change the color of the walls in the tower dorms. This shade of grey is not one of the more attractive ones.

Tiffany

What the University lacks in high-tech facilities and good food, it makes up with academics and extra-curriculars. One of the best parts of UNK is how involved and approachable the professors are. Each professor I have had has gone above and beyond to teach the material as well as be readily available for helping students. The extra-curriculars have passionate and dedicated sponsors who go above and beyond to make the activities a success. I would recommend UNK to any student looks for the perks of a big school with a small school feel.

Jose

My overall opinion of the University of Nebraska at Kearney is it is a popular college in all of Nebraska. So many students that are residents outside of Nebraska have told me they heard great reviews about this university, and were convinced that this was the college best suited for them for many reasons. It does not matter what part of the world you are from, this university is best suited for every individual.

Allison

I love every minute of my time spent there. I felt welcome from the first minute I set foot on campus, and I feel like I have acces to every thing I might need. The professors and staff are knowledgeable and easy to work with, and there is always something going on. I really feel at home at UNK.

Autumn

I think this college is perfect for a student who wants good grades but also wants to live life to the fullest! The class size is perfect because each professor will learn the students name and get to know them personally. I would only suggest they improve on their food at the caf because it is terrible. But there is always something going on at UNK!

Sara

My overall opinion of University of Nebraska at Kearney is big but not too big. I come from a pretty small town so I was nervous when I came to this town and this University. They made me feel very welcoming and made me feel at home when I came to visit. That really helped me make my decision to come here.

Parker

Its absolutely amazing. The student and teachers there are the best you can find. Coming from a small town, Kearney is the perfect size for a "Bigger" town. The people that live in Kearney are very helpful and they love having us here. The organizations that you can be apart of are by far the best and have a wide range of options to choose from.

Sylvia

I am an on-line student, and I have enjoyed my experience so far. I am able to converse with my classmates through internet sources such as email, Google Hangout, VoiceThread or Slack. The professors are usually available, and always respond quickly to any inquiries.

Trenton

Love it here! Wouldn't want to be anywhere else! Everybody is so friendly and always willing to help you. The professors are easy to get along with and will know you on a first name basis by the second week of school. The food here is good but not great. If you're a sports fan then this is the place for you, and if you're not, no big deal, the arts programs here are very prestigious and always getting together to do fun stuff.

Melissa

I really enjoyed my time at UNK. All of my professors were helpful and available whenever I needed to talk to them. They offered the specialized graduate degree program that I needed and there was not any other school that provided the same program. I would recommend UNK to anyone looking for a graduate school!

Zerron

The University of Nebraska at Kearney is a pretty great campus, it's not too small but it's not too big either. It's the perfect size for me personally and the great thing is, students are involved in their own ways and by choice. Nobody is forcing them to get involved but it's recommended so you get to know the students around you.

Beth

I love the University of Nebraska at Kearney! UNk allows me the chance to stand out amongst my peers as well as having a great Fraternity and Sorority Life culture. We hold ourselves to a higher standard and are hard workers. I love UNK because the small class sizes also allow me to build a relationship with my peers and my professors!

I love the University of Nebraska at Kearney. The majority of my classes are relatively small, so there is plenty of opportunities to speak in class and get one on one assistance from teachers. There are plenty of activities to do on campus, so all students should be able to find something that interests them. The teachers all are kind and seem to actually care about teaching. There are enough students that you can meet someone new everyday, yet not so many people that it is overwhelming. I love my school and all the great people I have met since I moved away.

Autumn

UNK is a great college for students wanting to fit in and get involved! Have a question? No problem there is always a helping hand anywhere on campus. Not to mention the classroom size is perfect, only one of my classes has more than 20 kids in it. There are over 100 clubs and organizations to get involved with so anyone can find something they enjoy! The only down side of this college is sometimes the cafeteria food sucks but with the highest meal plan you get $580 to spend at other restaurants in the basement ! Highly encourage anyone to go here!

Molly

I think they could be a great school, however the disorganization in the education department leaves something to be desired. I feel as though they have given me wrong information continuously which made my path toward completing my certificate very difficult.

Cassandra

I love it. It is close to home. Staff and other students are extremely friendly. Community is always willing to give a hand. It is easy to get acquainted and to enjoy yourself no matter how you claim yourself.

Alexandria

The University of Nebraska at Kearney was simply my favorite of all of my campus visits, and I left there feeling content on what my choice for my future will be. I know I will definitely become a Loper and join the family. The campus had such a wonderful vibe and the people were so nice and they seemed to actually care that there were people coming to visit their campus, which you don't find often at other visits. People usually ignore the possible newcomers and the feeling that UNK gave me will stick for a lifetime.

Colton

The University of Nebraska at Kearney is a great school that I enjoy being around. I have had great experiences so far on and off campus. The availability of teachers, tutors, amongst other resources has led me to believe that Kearney is the place to be when it comes to education. The availability of on campus activities, as well as the viewing of sporting events and concerts allows me to think that Kearney is a great place for education and allows for students to have many activities to participate in while not in class. Kearney has been a great place for me to attend school and I look forward to continuing education here until my requirements for a degree are meant.

Amber

It's a smaller college, but it's big enough to only ever see a person once in a given week. The food is meh, but there's plenty of places to eat around town. Parking sucks a lot on campus though. That's the only downfall to commuting from home to campus.

Moses

You would think that with such a small town, the University in it wouldn't be so great considering the lack of opportunities in activities. But no, that is definitely not the case here at the University of Nebraska at Kearney. Although somewhat hard to believe, there's always something to do. Even if there isn't, just being here is enough to satisfy anyone. It's just that feeling. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. The tuition fee is worth it! I just wish I had a little help sometimes.

Kassidy

I transferred to UNK my freshman year. Overall, I am happy with my decision. I love the smaller school atmosphere, which makes it easy to get to know your classmates and professors. However, UNK admissions/financial aid made it extremely difficult for me to transfer, and they made me feel like I was an inconvenience to them. Aside from that, I have been treated very well here at UNK, and I am happy to be a Loper.

Lindsay

I attended UNK for my undergraduate work. I really enjoyed the college, community, and overall feeling of family I felt while attending school. I choose to stay in Kearney for another eight years after graduating. I work in a near by community and decided to go back for my Master's. Although other colleges that have the same program may be cheaper by a little I knew I would get quality education and treated well at UNK. I even encouraged my sister to also attend!

Kelsey

So far the school seems absolutely amazing, and I can’t wait to meet everyone in the fall. There are students from all over the country. The current students never fail to help you get involved in activities outside of class. The veterans are always there to help you out.

Olivia

UNK is a great school, especially for people from small communities. I come from a school K-12 600 students, and the class size is perfect to feel at home and comfortable in! Ive been here since 2015, and have found forever friends, and taken classes in many different departments than just my own!

Alex

Going to college in Kearney was a nice and relatively safe experience. However, there is little to no opportunities to engage with the community, especially for those interested in the Arts. The class sizes are smaller and there are plenty of opportunities to have deep discussions. Most teachers are easy to reach if you have a problem.

Freeman

The University of Nebraska at Kearney is located in a growing town and has a variety of different activities that make it feel at home. The professors at UNK are available to help students whenever they need it. They are very concerned about student success, which is why I really enjoy and recommend UNK. UNK class size is great as well, I feel that the support we receive from professors is due to the lower classs size, which is amazing.

Logan

UNK is a great place to be!!

I think University of Nebraska in Kearney is great university to attend. It's very welcoming with all students. Professors are always willing to help with their students and focus on their grades. The university of Kearney very much do care about their students GPA and grades they reach out to their students that they believe are struggling.