University of Nebraska-Lincoln Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Parker

It is a very interesting and diverse school. It has a lot of opportunities and is very accomadating to all of the university's students. I would definitely recommend the university as a school to attend if you are looking to further our education and get your degree.

Paige

It is a great place to be. I didn't expect to love it as much as I do, but now I hate being in my hometown because life on campus was so amazing. It has great food all over campus that can be bought with our meal plan so I rarely spend money while in college.

Carin

I love my school, but I wish they took more pride in what they served their students to eat. I also think that the opportunities for work for international students could be more. Especially since it is already a struggle for their families to afford. Every little bit helps.

Daija

University of Nebraska-Lincoln is best for those who want to experience the full college experience. It is a big name school but it is not overwhelmingly crowded or big. I love that I can live in the dorms and still be close to my classes. It is about a 10 minute walk from my dorm to my furthest class. UNL's campus is not too big or too small, its just right. This school does not lack school spirit! Gamedays are a huge part of UNL's traditions. The atmosphere is radiant and you will immediately feel welcomed. The professors are nice and provide their office hours in the syllabus. I would recommend UNL to students who want to experience college life at a big name school without feeling overwhelmed on campus.

Breahja

UNL is a nice college to attend. There are tons of activities and festivities that go on throughout the year. However, there is a lot of racism on campus and the university is money hungry. They increase everything on campus but instead of putting extra money towards kids in financial need they SPOIL the athletes and build unnecessary thing all over campus to make it look pleasing to the public eye. If they would focus on the important things then maybe they wouldn't lose so many students.

Natalie

In the three years that I have attended I have had nothing but a wonderful time there. I have always felt safe on campus and the professors are always willing to meet with students. The only down side would be the dining hall food. Other than this I couldn't have wished for a better place to complete my undergraduate degree.

The university is a great school. I always feel very safe on campus and the dorms are great places to live. There is also great affordable off-campus housing as well! The campus has tons of clubs to get involved with as well! We also have a really great psychology program!

Haley

Starting at UNL I was very nervous and often scared about being by myself. I quickly realized that I am never alone here. There are many ways to find support systems through programs and the university itself. Professors are always just an email away and understand life happens and sometimes you need someone to talk to. Classes are the right balance of challenging and fun. Living in a dorm can be stressful at times but they are always clean and the RA's are the nicest.

Michaela

University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a wonderful school, located in a cute city, where there are so many opportunities available to students. You will meet a ton of friendly people, and the professors are wonderful, with your learning as one of their top priorities.

peridot

I love my school. I wouldn't want to move to any other school. All of the people are nice and there to help the students. When I first started looking for universities to attend, I wanted a college that was far enough away from home, but still felt like home. This is what I found when I found UNL.

Alyssa

Academically, I find it to be a very good college. However, as a commuter student, it is very difficult for me to get into campus life. This has proven to delay me in making decisions in my life and finding new things that interest me. The college doesn't seem interesting in helping commuter students, especially those like me that have severe social anxiety and struggle to do things that are out of their comfort zone.

Aaliyah

Probably one of the best schools. It's not too big but not too small. Everyone is nice and gets along. We get crazy here and there, especially game day and they notify you on things if you're ever bored. They try to keep the students interested and out of their rooms. Academics is really big here and student involvement. And there's always help on every corner.

Leah

UNL is great school if you are able to push yourself and have the funds to attend. Student financial aid is not a priority, the faculty and staff are. Most professors will make time for students but the class sizes in entry level courses keeps the relationships distant. If you live on campus be prepared to spend a lot of money for an out-dated room. Being on campus itself is really nice and you meet other students easily but the cost of room and board is almost equal to that of tuition.

Austin

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is an overall great school. There are lots of opportunities to get involved in things outside of classes, so students from out-of state or students who don't know many people find it easy to keep busy when they're not doing schoolwork. Greek life is very prevalent on campus but no so much that students not involved in greek life feel left out. There is a happy balance between greek-oriented activities and other extra-curricular activities. There is lots of variety to the on campus housing at UNL. You will pay almost the same price for any of the regular dorms but you get much different amenities at each. Of the regular dorms, Abel, Sandoz, Harper, Schram and Smith are the nicest. The rooms have been updated in the last 30 years. The bathrooms have been remodeled recently and they are clean and smell nice. There are sufficient showers on each floor with changing stalls and there are laundry rooms on every floor. Moving down the line, Neihardt dorms are okay. The building is from the 1940s and so are the bathrooms. They have not been remodeled. In the men's bathroom, the unrinal is just a regular toilet without a seat and without a stall door. The rooms are a decent size. Some rooms have a sink and some have 2 closets. Pick one or the other. The building itself is old and gross to be honest. Last down the line is Selleck. Selleck is gross. Selleck is also where I live. The rooms haven't been touched since the 50s. The dining hall and lobby are very nice but the rooms and bathrooms are old and disgusting. There are two bathrooms on each floor of each wing. (this means around 60 people share four showers, four toilets and four urinals (men) or 8 toilets (women). In selleck and neihardt there are only laundry rooms in the basement which means carrying laundry and soap down the stairs and up again when you're finished. It doesn't seem that bad at first but it will get old. There are 4 washers and 4 dryers in each wing of selleck. My recommendation on housing (as a student who currently lives in on-campus housing) would be to pay the extra money for the suite style dorms or the apartment style rooms. Food on campus is decent. There are 4 dining halls on the city campus and there are several sand which shop restaurants that are on the meal plan. Academic wise, this is a good school. There are smart faculty who are always willing to do what's necessary to make sure students are successful. The campus has nice facilities for every program. Overall its a great school. Besides the on-campus housing situation I wouldn't change much.

Nessa

I absolutely love the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I feel like everyday I have a new favorite college memory. I've met people from all over the world and had conversations about everything from the dining hall food to the existence of God. I appreciate all of the opportunities available to meet new people and try new things. There isn't enough room in this review to describe the pride I have to sit in the student section on Game Day! I love being a Husker and wouldn't change a thing!

Jordan

I am so excited to officially become a Husker. The campus is extremely welcoming. It allows creativity and ingenuity to flow at all times. There are art sculptures all across campus, and considering that our downtown and haymarket areas are only a few steps away, there are many study spots and hidden gems that no one can find. Many popular restaurants surround our campus, and the dining hall food is pretty delicious as well. My favorite part about going to UNL is being a part of "The Sea of Red" every Saturday during football season. You can hear the roar from the stadium across Lincoln. These are some reasons I love UNL. It is my home.

Kyle

I love University of Nebraska-Lincoln. It is a great place to attend school and has great alumni for support. The student body is very positive and sports teams are amazing to watch. Greek life is very supportive of student who want to join or students who just want to come and enjoy.

Leila

I absolutely love my University. So far this has been the best three years of my life, as I have been emerged to possibilities and people that I have been very fortunate to have. The atmosphere is great and the people are even better.

Cindy

Having the opportunity to enroll and persue my degree at UNL has been full of opportunities for my career and as a student. You grow personally and career wise when studying at UNL. There are many extracurricular activities around campus or off campus where you can interact with others. The only thing I wish from UNL is to expand more to out of state students.

Erika

Being an out-of-state student, I was a bit apprehensive about going to UNL; however, I have had nothing but a positive experience thus far. From academics to extracurriculars. this university has it all. The campus is located in downtown Lincoln, so you have access to anything from coffee shops to theaters. Deciding to go to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln will be a the best decision you make.

Madison

I love UNL overall. It is an amazing place to meet new friends and get a wonderful college education. There are plenty of majors to fit all people's interests. Also there are hundreds of clubs, both academic and social/fun, to get involved in. There is a place for everyone. Tons of diversity and completely safe. I would highly recommend UNL to prospective college students.

ruach

UNL is the perfect school for just about anyone, I'm going to be a freshman Fall 2017, and two of my sisters have attended. I always hear great things about it, and from my own experience, I always have a positive feeling when it comes to the school. I enjoy the convince of the surrounding stores and their academic excellence. Faculty, campus, extracurricular events, and more, meet and exceed the expectations of a University. I reccomend UNL to anyone interested in going to college in Nebraska.

Madison

I love the school, and I plan to attend.

Jaylen

UNL is a really great school! Lost of diversity and opportunity to meet new people. They stand by academics and strive to make sure you’re getting the education you deserve. Campus life is fun and safe, as with any place there are always people who have different views on subjects but the administration always makes sure you feel safe in the environment!

Kaitlyn

I love UNL and everything that it has to offer. There are so many different activities that you are able to be a part of, there is never a lack of something to do. The campus recreation center is an amazing place to hangout with friends and to get a good workout going, there are also many different classes that you are able to take. My favorite place on campus is the library, it a great place to study, or even to just hangout with friends and grab a coffee. I have yet to take a class that I am not fond of, and all of my professors have been amazing teachers and even with providing their extra time and assistance when I need it if I am unable to make their office hours. I could not imagine going to school anywhere else. GO BIG RED!!!

Destinee

I think this university has the possibility to fit everyone. Although for myself, I am a commuter student and I found it difficult to know when things were going on on campus and also felt like I couldn't really connect with people due to not living on campus. Although, the university provides a plethora of spaces to study and meet in a group and also has many outlets you can use to seek help in both academia and personal aspects. Overall, I do like UNL and just recommend making an active effort to be involved and on top of your studies.

Haley

The University of Nebraska - Lincoln is a great diverse school. They have something for anyone. Whether it is sports, athletics or the arts they have it. A nice perk of the University of Nebraska - Lincoln is they have three campuses. A city campus that is large, east campus that is for agriculture holds the law school and dental school and innovation campus. I love my time at UNL it is a great school.

Kristina

It is a very nice school. I have enjoyed being on campus. There are so many activities to join that it is not hard to meet new people and find new friends to talk to. The academics are very well organized. There are many different places to go to talk and get help from people in your degree. The school is very nice and even though it has a lot of people, the school is very oriented around the students.

Coming to UNL was the best decision I could have made regarding college. Lincoln is a small city, but there are plenty of options for things to do outside of the classroom. Nearly everyone is friendly and helpful, so you'll almost always have a friend. Classes are generally first-rate, and the campus is beautiful!

Jackson

The university of Nebraska is a very good overall university. The staff are very nice and communicative people, The classes are very informative, and may be large but you dont have the large lecture hall feel. The food the dining halls serve is not the best but it gets you by.

Carmen

It's not as diverse as someone would expect, but it is a great learning environment.

Josie

Nebraska is a great school that is very welcoming. The people are friendly, the professors are helpful, and the overall vibe is laid back. There are a lot of nice little places nearby, and the University has put a great deal of money into making academic and useful services available for students.

Yvonne

I love going to the University of Nebraska Lincoln. I am a very social person so going to a large college was good for me. There were lots of organizations to join and I did! I also made a lot of new friends through those organizations. If you are social and enjoy getting involved UNL is a great school for you!

Katlyn

The University of Nebraska - Lincoln is a growing university. As an out of state student, it was a bit overwhelming at first because there are a lot of in-state students as it is the most popular Nebraska university, however there is a growing population of out-of-state students, and a large international community. Because of it's growth and entrance into the Big10, the university has been renovating and rebuilding facilities to state-of-the-art standards. The campus is beautiful and compact to give it the small school feel, yet offers a vast amount of clubs, activities, and sports typical of a large university. It is truly the best of both worlds for everything. You can go wrong with UNL.

Tamera

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is an all around wonderful school. They supply plenty of activities to get involevd as well as create a challenge for their students acadmeically. The school and facilty is constantly pushing students to do their best and many acheive greatness in the process. While sports is huge at this University, it never causes students to surrender their grades in the process of participating. There are many wonderful programs to get involved in on campus, allowing people to meet many other students and make great relationships along the way.

Julia

It is a great school that provides a wide variety of opportunities to every major. The school has may tools at your disposal such as academic ad visors, places for you to study, and even people to meet with that will help you plan for a job out of college. It's a larger school but it is very easy to make it feel small. I wouldn't want to go to school anywhere else.

Andrew

I love UNL and everything at it. There is never a dull moment on campus with activities to do, clubs to join, and people to meet. UNL has a host of excellent facilities, professors, and resources at the ready disposal of students. I have learned so much and I'm only getting started.

The University of Nebraska - Lincoln is a high quality university that is dedicated to helping its students find a career that will allow them to be successful in their adult lives. There are ample opportunities for students to become immersed in other cultures, learn about current events, and participate in activities that are meaningful to them.

Mia

Being a first year student, there is still so much to learn about UNL. My few months that I have lived here, however, have been treating me very well. There is plenty for me to get involved in, and I can always find a niche of mine right around the corner. The classes are challenging, but in a great way! Facilities are over the top, always neat and full of plenty of resources​. I feel as if I have picked a good place to further my education.

Jayden

I love the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. College is entirely the experience that you make it. You can elect to live as a hermit, however this puts quite a damper on a short four years; it feels even shorter than this written opinion! At the University of Nebraska-Lincoln I have been able to seek opportunities that are both enageing, social, and fun. For starters, I am pursuing a degree in Music Education. Our professors her have taught us skills that develop our skills professionally and also enabled me to spread joy to those around me, which in it of itself has countless opportunities to grow myself and assist students in their growth as well. At UNL I am able to be challenged to the point of growth but not frustrated. The professors are available when needed and are open to their student's needs. UNL has a number of extra curricular opportunities. I am a member of a worship team for college students, allowing me to spread the love of Jesus through music’s power as well. Lastly, I engage directly with other people through ballroom dance, allowing me to make enjoyable connections with those around me. After all, college (and life) is all about creating nurturing relationships and building up others.

Tanner

I loved the UNL. It is a great university. I strongly recommend the College of Business, unless you plan on pursuing a Finance degree. There's plenty of things to do on and off campus and Lincoln's downtown is right next to campus. The dorms are nice and have plenty space, especially when compared to other universities dorms.

Julian

I think the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a great school with a variety of learning and extra curricular opportunities. There's something there for everybody and it's easy to find people with similar interests to your own. The housing is great and surprisingly affordable, especially their apartment style housing. Students are able to do hands on learning that will prepare them for their chosen career. UNL is a very high-quality​ school.

Kerry

There were plenty of interesting people from many different backgrounds at UNL. If you're willing to reach out and meet people, there were plenty of opportunities to meet someone new. The 100 and 200 level classes were large, but as you moved into the upper levels the class sizes shrank dramatically and the professors become much more available and supportive. There were plenty of opportunities for employment around campus and housing was incredibly affordable. Unfortunately Lincoln pretty much a car town. You can get away with just a bicycle for everything except groceries, which are somehow not available anywhere near campus. For people who like to party there's plenty of opportunity, but if that's not your scene there's not much pressure to join in if you don't want to.

Alaina

I am currently a sophomore at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and so far I have really enjoyed my time there. The class sizes aren't too big and it's easy to get to know your professor. They are always making sure you are aware of whats happening around campus wether it be scholarship, job, or extracurricular activities. There's so much to do and get involved in, such as clubs, greek life, and internships. It's a moderately sized school and it doesn't take much longer than a 15 minute walk to get to any building and I always feel safe walking to and from class, especially at night.

ALLYSON

When I first visited the University of Nebraksa-Lincoln, I fell in love. As I walked around the campus, I felt at home and I felt as though I could live in Lincoln and pursue my education with UNL and be happy all at once. Seeing Memorial Stadium and Burnett Hall, the psychology building, made me feel extremely motivated and more excited than ever about my future. the future used to scare me immensly, but after visiting UNL and seeing everything it has to offer, I was no longer afraid but inspired. I knew exactly what I wanted to do both academically and extracurricularly. Feeling inspired and motivated, I got to work on my application right away, got accepted and I'm ready to commit and chose housing and move forward in the college process because I've finally found my home at UNL.

Adabelle

I love UNL. It is a beautiful campus and the students there are all so nice! I was nervous coming in as a transfer student because I did not have any friends there, but everyone was so accepting and made me feel like I chose the right school for me. I would recommend UNL to anyone, especially if you are a football fan because the entire city shows up to our football games, and it is a really cool experience.

Olivia

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is an amazing school to attend. It is home to the Husker football and volleyball teams, great teachers and academics, and students willing to put in the work to get things done. The campus is situated in downtown Lincoln, so there are multiple restaurants, stores, and businesses nearby for easy access to students. Most importantly it has a great atmosphere for an easy transition when starting college!

Nolan

One of my favorite things about the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is the atmosphere. When you are on campus, you can feel the presence of opportunity. You can obviously look on a piece of paper and see that the abundance of academic, cultural, athletic, artistic, and social opportunities; however, you can walk around campus and see the ambition on students' faces, the pride within every student's step across campus, the passion put into the art and architecture around campus, and the kindness behind everyone's smile. University of Nebraska-Lincoln is not only a great school, but it's a great home.

Kyle

I think it is an amazing place to go to school! There are barely any teachers that people dislike. The Saturday night football games are to die for, and everyone is very friendly and welcoming. The area around the school has plenty of leisure activities. I recommend it to anyone. GO BIG RED!!