University of Nebraska-Lincoln Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Shayla

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a pretty decent school. I personally prefer smaller settings in order to learn more efficiently, and most of the classes are lecture halls or packed to the brim with students. There are tons of extracurricular activities on campus and I'm excited to check them out!

Madeline

When the time came to apply for colleges, UNL was my safe school. I didn't really want to go to a local school, but I chose it because it was an affordable option. That ended up being one of the best decisions of my life. There is a place for everyone at UNL, no matter who you are or where your interests lie. It is one of the most affordable universities in the Big 10, and whether you're undeclared, a committed engineering student, a motivated future business leader, or an emerging media artist, anyone can find their niche at UNL.

JoLynn

The University of Nebraska at Lincoln is a great school for those who are looking for a more laid back taste of Nebraska care and a big city. The campus life is friendly and provides a safe atmosphere for students and staff. The course work provides a well rounded approach to the topics and is somewhat rigorous depending on the area of study.

Meg

I really enjoy being a student at UNL. I have only been here for two months but it has been an incredible experience so far! I have met so many new and exciting people and I have been able to participate in many different activities. There is never a dull moment here. The campus atmosphere is so welcoming and enjoyable. I love it.

Bridget

The Universtiy of Nebraska-Lincoln has made me feel welcomed and involved, despite the size. This may be a Big10 school, but the class sizes are usually around 20 to 30 students. Every professor I've had in the past has had regular office hours and is available any time by email. The University also aims to involve students as much as possible with new events offered on a weekly basis. There is also a Dunkin Donuts in the library, so that's pretty awesome :)

Destinee

I love the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. There are hundreds of oppurtunities to get involved here and so many people looking to help you succeed. The classes are fairly big but that is mostly because the are introduction courses. I wouldn't want to go anywhere else.

UNL has so many opportunities available for students in all areas, and many quality programs to get involved in! Everyone on campus has a small-town mindset of being friendly and genuine, even though there are so many people here. Campus is always energetic, and there is always something fun to do on weekends and weekdays! School spirit is a must!

Santanna

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a beautiful university with a great staff. There are so ways to get involved and be an active Husker. I've enjoyed all of the groups that the university provides for its students. There is definitely a place for EVERYONE at UNL. I can't wait for three more years! GO BIG RED

Brooke

I love it here and couldn't imagine myself going to another school. It's great all around and has something that everyone could love. It's diverse in the way that there are a lot of different types of people but diversity as a whole isn't really there.

Kassey

Overall UNL not only has a beautiful campus, but once you step foot on campus you feel so comfortable, like you belong here. There is nothing better than going to game day and feel the Husker pride amongst everyone wearing red. You also feel the pride when you walk around campus. The other great things about UNL is all the resources that can be found, for me I would spend my time either at the DLC to go to a workshop to get some homework help, or heading over to the rec to play a game of basketball with my friends. Or if you’re friends want to go out and try new food places the Haymarket which is short walk away from campus, has plenty of places to go try out with your friends. As a first generation student, UNL had this program called First Husker, it’s where you get to arrive to school before everyone else and they teach you all about resources and give a tour of the campus and help make the transition because you don’t know much about the college life and it was really was a great experience. It really did help out for future questions. That is just a bit of what I love about UNL and I’m proud to be a Husker!

Isabella

University of Nebraska- Lincoln has a really fun campus and environment. I was nervous at the start of the school year, but I have really grown to love the place. I enjoy all my classes, my professors, and I have made wonderful friends. Overall, I am really happy I chose to go to UNL and I would encourage others to share in the experience.

Sydni

A great school and place to call home. I love the two separate campuses (city and east). City is like a typical college campus and East has a sort of 'small-town feel,' Either campus, you find your way to fit in and are welcomed with open arms. Greek life is great but not for everyone. Very optional and fine either way.

peneen

overall, I think it's a great school. So many majors to choose from, the staff are very helpful. The classes are huge especially the first two years when you are taking your general classes. How good the teachers are varies, some teachers are really good, some teachers not as much. The downside is that it's very expensive especially if you don't have any scholarships or other aids, you'll go in debt.

I have been at UNL for a couple of months now. Transferring from a smaller school to here has been a big jump. The culture is very different. I do love that there are more people and the variety of classes is larger. The love of sports is great as well as I love attending the football and volleyball games. However, there is a huge party culture here that cramps my style sometimes. I do love that people like to have fun, but I prefer enjoying my time with a few closer friends than a rave.

Jessi

I believe that the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a great college to attend. The housing and dining halls could be better, but they aren't bad. Professors are usually engaged and excited about what they are teaching, and will almost always welcome questions.

UNL is a large and busy school, which I love, but there is very little diversity. There are many resources, like the library and the union, which I enjoy studying at. Living on campus and going to this school is a lot of money and the fashion department is very small, they need to expand it.

Liz

I liked the atmosphere of campus my freshman year. The campus is very welcoming to freshman and those living on campus. Although, the school is large, and there are many people which makes some class sizes very large. I overall loved all my professors and they are always there to help.

Makayla

UNL has been a school in my mind that holds great prestige. I have had family members that have attended this school and my cousin is a Cheerleader there. Even with the huge campus life that is part of any conversation including this school, I think UNL is a good candidate of possible colleges to consider.

Jolene

UNL is a wonderful school with an excellent atmosphere and friendly staff/students. Diversity is not only welcomed, but encouraged and embraced. The setbacks are the cost and parking. Overall, I would give the University an A-. I had a great experience and am looking forward to Graduate school.

Emerson

Originally, the University of Nebraska - Lincoln was my fall back school, where I knew I could get the education that I needed and make it out in 4 or fewer years, but after attending the school, I have realized that this was the college for me. Every professor that I have had the pleasure to be taught by has been extremely helpful and passionate about what they do. They made me excited to learn, even if that subject wasn't at the top of my interest list. The atmosphere on campus is one of pride and confidence everywhere you go. The university is large, but you never lose that small-town, familiar aspect that Nebraska seems to embody. There's something for everyone, and you can't go a day without the common mantra, "Go Big Red."

Casi

I may be biased but the saying is true, there really is, "No place like Nebraska". Every aspect of this college is at the top level. Academics here are amazing and each professor makes you feel as if you mean something. There are several resources to help get you where you want to be. Also , enjoying sports has led me to every home Husker football game since I've came to college and it's true, we have the best fan base in America. The arts are amazing as well. I would say the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a well rounded highly achieving school and I couldn't imagine going anywhere else!

Cecilia

I think UNL is a great school with so many wonderful opportunities. There is something for everyone here, even if you're not sure what you want to do. The community is welcoming and accepting of all types of people. And if you ever feel down or overwhelmed, there are so many services on campus to help you get through the tough times.

Ayi

The University has been for a long time and continues to stand tall as one of the nation's best Universities.

Ayi

Jesse

I have found my experience at the university so far to be satisfying. My major has a strong program with very qualified faculty members. There are also plenty of clubs and activities to get involved in. The campus has considerable diversity, and there is most definitely a party culture if a student wishes to partake. Overall, I think UNL is a good school for a physics major like myself.

Anthony

Both of my parents are UNL allumni, so I have Husker blood pumping through my veins and I always will. However, unless you are a graduate student, a student athlete, or are somehow involved in the Greek system, you are more or less treated like another number. I graduated from UNL with my B.S. in 2014, and enrolled in a M.S. program in 2016, and the difference between the way I was treated as an undergrad compared to how I'm being treated as a graduate student is staggering. I believe it is a fantastic school to attend for a graduate degree. But as an undergrad, I think that you are better off going to a junior college and transferring your credits over once you have decided on a field of study.

Zachary

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a great school, with many opportunities to get involved around campus. Being a first year student, I found it really easy to get to know the campus and all of the resources that were available to me. Most professors have posted office hours, which makes it very easy to get the help I need when I need it. Even when you cannot get into your professors office hours, there's a resource center for most subjects, where you can get the help you need from graduate students. There's a lot of resources when it comes to getting help on a certain area of a subject, which I find really beneficial. There are many activities and events going on around campus so there is never a boring moment. With so many clubs to chose from, finding something to do and meeting knew people is very easy. I would definitely recommend the University of Nebraska-Lincoln!

Morgan

I'm a freshman this year and I really enjoy this campus. The people are very friendly and encourage diversity. The teachers are interesting and very good. Sports (GO HUSKERS!) are very important to the UNL students. Overall, the campus is very social and a great place to be.

Andrew

Living in Nebraska there aren't very many options when it comes to secondary education. With that said, UNL is an amazing school and I am happy to have a place like it in our state! The campus is perfect size, the student body and staff are very helpful and friendly, and Lincoln is a great town to live in if you feel like living close. If your living on campus, even in the small dorms there are plenty of places to go if you need a quite place to study or relax. There are also plenty of services open to students to help them write papers, get questions answered or, learn new study habits. It is by far the best campus I have visited in and out of state. Once again, it is also in a great location. Lincoln is a city that seems to always have something to do. Somehow it manages to capture that small town feel while still being an active urban center which is why I loved living there through Middle School. I plan on going to UNL for secondary education, and if you want a good environment to learn, you should as well.

My family has always been fans of UNL and my mom went to school there. When I started my college search I tried not to be biased, but I found the university to be the best fit for me and even as a student now, I still feel that way. I have always felt at home in Lincoln, NE.

Jonathon

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a wonderful college to attend and I would not want to go to any other college. The class sizes here are fairly small and I really like that, along with professors who know what they're talking about. Everyone is pretty friendly and there are so many unique people here! If that doesn't impress you enough, then just come to a Nebraska Football home game and then you'll know, there truly is no place like Nebraska.

Joey

I really like this school! Strong sense of community, lots of spirit. My professors are knowledgeable. There are countless resources for students on campus and it is clear they wants you to succeed. Teachers make time for you, and there are plenty of free tutors and ways to get involved on campus.

It is a great school.

Josephine

It is a good school. There are a lot of opportunities to prep you for your career, you just have to take advantage of them. There's a large emphasis on sports here, academics are pretty good. It is a safe environment. They could do better for student parking and housing since they want more students here.

Ian

I think UNL has outstanding resources for it's students. It has a massive campus that has anything and everything you may need. No matter your interests you will certainly find something to do. Along with hard resources, there are many soft resources such as student run groups for just about anything. The student culture is very social and you meet a lot of people!

At UNL it is very easy to find somewhere to fit in. There is a club for everyone! There are many services for students academically. I love UNL and the atmosphere there. I would recommend UNL to anyone that I talk to. The people are friendly and the professors are super helpful!

If you're here to get a mediocre education, then UNL is the place for you. The classes are extremely large until you get into your senior year. Most professors will never know your name. Occasionally you'll run into a student who has been drinking and you can smell it on them. It's a beautiful campus, but IMO, definitely not worth the tuition and housing costs.

Erin

Lincoln is a great place with plenty of opportunities provided by both the university and the community. There is a sense of togetherness in the community that has been cultivated by decades of sportsmanship, growth, and kindness. There are excellent programs for almost every field of study. Nebraska is a fantastic place, and I would advise anyone considering UNL to count its location in the "pros" category rather than the "cons."

Jenna

This is a great university that has great academics, community, activities, and a passion for sports. There is an organization or many related to each major to partake in as well as fun activities. The campus is safe and students are generally wonderful people. Most professors are engaging and friendly.

Natalie

In my specific college, (the music program), us music students are given lots of opportunities to make relationships with our professors. The class sizes are small which helps aid in discussions and the ease of getting more one on one time in class if needed. Along with the smaller class sizes I am able to make more relationships with my peers. There is always someone I can go to in my class if I need help. The university does a good job promoting not only music performances but also dance performances and art exhibits; promoting the arts culture as a whole. Although I would appreciate more funding to support repairing instruments and a more updated music building I think that we are blessed to have what we have.

Regina

It’s a great school. A very large number of students are heavy drinkers. The professors are quite helpful when needed. Football is everything to the students. Everyone can find something to do at all times. The school itself is very beautiful, with lots of places to study.

Brianna

I love it here! Lincoln is a great city especially for game days. Everyone loves the University and we have lots of pride. The academics are great and our business program is amazing with a brand new building. People care if you succeed here and there are endless opportunities to help you out. Our advisors are top notch and really care about their job.

I absolutely love it here! There are so many clubs and sports and activities to join that make the decision overwhelming but they have a clubs fair which helps sort through all the options! I lived in Harper my freshman year which is right next to Schramm and Smith. I really loved Harper and the dorm community was absolutely amazing!Everyone was so nice and our RA had activities for our floor all the time. HSS is one of the best areas to live because we have a golf station, pool tables, snack and drink machines, a dining hall, basketball courts, benches, tennis courts and sand volleyball courts just a couple steps away.

Erin

Overall, the school is decent. It is what you would expect from a typical state school in terms of academics. The professors have all been really great to work with and are pretty available to talk to. Lincoln is a nice town to go to school in because there are lots of things to do on weekends, plenty of restaurants, and it is safe. Football is huge at Nebraska and the football games are a ton of fun for all the students.

Allison

I really love UNL. It is such a big campus but it doesn't feel like it on a day-to-day basis. There are a vast number of opportunities available for extracurricular activities and also academically. There is a place for everyone somewhere. It is also always expanding and improving facilities on-campus so it is modern and works well for students.

christian

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is overall a really great place to attend for a plethora of reasons. Firstly, I have made many life-long friends and connections with people that I never thought I would have, and that's one thing I think the university does really well. Our school has a great family feeling to it that is almost palpable. You meet and become friends with so many different types of people, it's great. The academics are expansive and diverse; everyone can find their niche. Changing your major is quite common and the staff and counselors do a great job of accommodating these changes in the student's life. I like the area and feel that is it a pretty safe area for one to live in and commute around. There is a lot to see and do should you ever be bored. The gamed atmosphere is unlike anything anywhere in the country. Seeing the school come together as one every Saturday is breathtaking. Some issues come from the on campus housing as it is quite expensive. For what you get the amount is not justified. Many of the dorms have old construction that doesn't ahem apace fun the modern era. Things like doors and hallways are either too small or liable to break. Ventilation can be poor and heating suspect. Many of the dorms feel like relics from the 50's . Additionally, there is an obscene amount of construction going on throughout the year that hampers daily walks to class. It's tough o navigate the university if there is construction on every block you go. this is especially hard for Aside from this UNL is a good school that has given me a great college experience that I would recommend to anyone.

Bailey

Fantastic school, I could not ask for a better university to be attending, University of Nebraska- Lincoln is well rounded, and has a lot to offer. I transferred here from South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, and it has been one of the best decisions of my life. The facilities are well kept, and usually accessible. The food in phenomenal, especially for school food. UNL has a little something to offer to everyone. We have over 150 majors, and on top of that we have many clubs and organizations to join. Hands down the best part of UNL is game day Saturdays. IT is true what they say about UNL having the best fans in college football. There is no place like Nebraska.

Grayson

What first struck me about the University of Nebraska-Lincoln was the all around friendliness of the squirrel population. This place is so ripe with midwestern hospitality, even the squirrels are tipping their hats to me as I walk by. Not five minutes after my initial impression of the squirrels was cemented in my head did I see a squirrel attempt to jam an entire unopened tube of chapstick down it’s throat. Successfully, I might add. I updated my initial impression of squirrel culture to include unprecedented squirrel diversity. To the University of Nebraska-Lincoln I awarded four stars because of their exemplary academic record and commitment to their student body, but to the squirrels of campus I award four and a half. I reserve that final half-star because a squirrel once scared me by jumping out of a trash can and making me drop my iced caramel macchiato.

gaia

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has a variety of opportunities for students to get involved and those who are already involved are obviously passionate about what they do. Everyone is pretty friendly and smiles back and sometimes even engages in small conversations. This school offers almost anything you could ask for at a college. One of the benefits that I have noticed is that this is a dry campus meaning that no alcohol is tolerated. I personally believe that this has a huge impact on the safety and academic success of students here. Also, in 2018 the campus will become tobacco-free as well! This is even better because there will be no more fast walks through smoke clouds while holding your breath.

Kakinda

The dream University for both International students and resident students, the good comunication from the the secretaries and those incharge of the several departments. Response via phone calls and emails, the strategic location and the after school/course demand of graduates from this university so amazing, can't wait attending