University of Nebraska-Lincoln Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Not only do I really enjoy attending such a welcoming university, but I really enjoy just living in the town. Where ever I go, people wave and say hi on the street. The people are so kind and the professors are caring. I wouldn't want to be anywhere but Nebraska.

Audrey

I have been pretty impressed with my experience so far at the University of Nebraska Lincoln. My time spent here has been very enjoyable, and I feel like I have grown a lot as a person. There are many opportunities that are offered to me, which is very nice.

Tatianna

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln attempts to provide a wide variety of opportunities and majors for everyone who is considering attending their school. There is a huge sports scene for students and non-students alike. The school draws thousands of people every year from their sports events. It also provides an incredible arts scene, ranging for those interested in theater, studio art, and even more. UNL provides lots of resources for anyone no matter what they're planning on studying and tries their best to keep students on a four year track.

Maddie

The University of Nebraska - Lincoln is a diverse campus, promoting educational and social growth for all of its members. Each professor, staff member, and student is readily available to assist your every need and no one turns a blind eye to changes that need to be made. I am lucky enough to call The University of Nebraska - Lincoln my home.

Alea

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln was not a school I original planned on attending, however I was filled with immediate love for the passion seen at this prestigious school. Lincoln itself is a city of its own, filled with life at all hours. Whether its licking ice cream at Ivanna cone, or seeing a Husker basketball game at Pinnacle Bank Arena. Students are seen all over the city and all over campus, sitting at coffee shops or on the Union lawn with professors having intellectual discussions. The school is a community full of opportunities. Greek life is a major part of my life, allowing me to meet hundreds of new faces and grow relationships that will last a lifetime. Outside of Greek life, University of Nebraska-Lincoln has hundreds of clubs. From major related clubs, to fun in the sun, every student has a chance to find their home. The passion and connections UNL has is shown together at Husker football games on bright fall Saturdays. Over 90,000 people celebrate and cheer as they watch the football team score a touchdown. There's harmony in each chant, and the whole stadium is filled with joy. No other college has such a large sense of community. The University of Nebraska-Lincoln possess its own special passion for excellence in all who experience the pride of Big Red.

Lizzy

I don't regret coming to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln as I have been able to have extracurricular experiences in fine arts, become part of a close-knit group at my church, met a lot of influential students on my dorm floors and classes, been educated by some outstanding professors, and had some great interactive educational experiences! I also love the hype of football Saturdays, as I get to play in the marching band here and has been one of my favorite experiences. The only significant thing I would have to complain about is the handful of less than average instructors that I have had in my time at this university.

Tenaj

It's a nice school, though parking prices and accessible spots leave little to be desired. There should be more academic support tools and tutors made available to every student no matter what their economic status is. Advisors seem overwhelmed, so smaller case loads for them would be beneficial.

William

I've been there for a year and it was very good. I'm definitely coming back. They recruited well and while it was a little hard the first couple of weeks, I really grew to appreciate and love the school. It's a great size, easy to get around and two words: Scott Frost. Go Big Red!

Mikalie

One may think the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is hidden in the cornfields of Nebraska, but this is far from the truth. The University of Nebraska-Lincoln has a thriving atmosphere. From Husker football games, to Nebrasketball games, to all of the continuous academic opportunities that are offered at the University, there is no shortage of things to be involved in. Everyone on campus greets you with a smile as they are proud to be representing their school. The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is the place to get your education and will help you go far in life.

David

I like it a lot. The professors are really nice and help students get engaged. I feel like I'm learning a lot here. There's a lot to do on campus and off campus since it is in downtown Lincoln. I always feel safe walking around campus. The sports scene here is incredible.

Alexandra

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a place where I feel at home. There is always something to do. The campus is large, which makes it easier to meet more people. However, the setup of the campus makes it feel smaller and more like a home. The professors are very approachable and knowledgeable in their field.

Darik

University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a staple of eastern Nebraska. Everyone and their dog knows who the Cornhuskers are, and depending on the season most people like them. Living on campus is a breeze and sometimes it's easy to forget there's a world beyond campus life. Our fraternities and sororities are as drunk and disorderly as any other school, but they're typically confined to their respective houses. I've never felt unsafe on campus, or even in the metropolitan downtown of Lincoln. Despite our school colors being red, Lincoln is politically blue and intensely supports forward thinkers. If campus life isn't for you, suburbia is only a ten minute drive from campus. I will warn you, stay away from the downtown apartments. They charge double what they should, and half of them aren't finished. Don't throw your money away when housing is so cheap elsewhere!

Whitney

UNL is a great school to get involved in multiple activities, even if they aren't hosted on campus. Campus is right by downtown and has great atmosphere with amazing night life. Husker sports are where it's at from soccer to volleyball and let's not forget Husker football. Activities aren't the only thing that makes UNL great. The professors and entire staff are so helpful. They are always available and willing to make time to help you in any way they can. There really is "No place like Nebraska."

doreslla

Is the best college i went to visit, and i will love to be one of the students there. I come from egypt and i'm trying my best to go into college to help my family, i just went be the first one in my family to go to college. I will love if you guys helped me out and give me scholarships. i love your college hopefull i will be part of it. thank you.

My overall opinion of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is that I love this place. I love the diversity on campus, how supportive every staff member is and how nice all the people are. The best days during the Fall season has to be the Husker game day football games. The whole campus goes to the games and supports our football team. Just seeing the sea of red cheering on the team is inspiring.

Hanna

Overall, I love the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I feel like my voice is heard and I am in control of writing my own story. With the help from professors, administration, and fellow students I know I can reach my full potential. The amount of educational and extracurricular opportunities is amazing and they really emphasized field experience through classroom work.

Lawensia

It is an involved school. From the staff to the enrolled students, everyone is there to do their jobs and it is like a big family. This school is everything that a University should be. I hope that everyone that goes into college get to experience a school such as the University of Nebraska -Lincoln, otherwise known as UNL.

Ellenor

The Univeristy of Nebraska - Lincoln is a very large college that has an endless variety of opportunities for students. If someone asked me to describe it in one sentence I would say, "If you can dream it, you can do it at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln". Unfortunately that large size is a double-edged sword. I feel almost lost in the sea of academics available to me. It can get confusing and stressful trying to navigate through the complicated processes of UNL.

I would recommend this college to everyone I know.

Maya

They tell you that college is going to be one of the hardest transitions of your life, but attending UNL has honestly been one of the easiest. It was my first time far away from my family and friends, but I found a completely new family and support group here. I strongly suggest looking into Learning Communities for upcoming freshmen. It changed my life for the better and helped me learn so much about people and opportunities. (Melvin W. Jones LC is where it's at.) I've never felt as included and welcomed as I am on campus. UNL is phenomenal for arts students, from film and theatre to the fine arts, so if that's what you're looking into I highly recommend it!

Shailyn

When I first stepped foot onto UNL's campus, I knew that it was the place to be. There is a sense of community that comes with being on this campus that I didn't feel when I visited other places. While sports are a very large part of this Big Ten school, they don't dominate everything. The Honor's Program here is very welcoming and rigorous, and there are lots of perks that come with going through the program. The dining halls are very good some days, but can be kind of meh on other days. Depending on where you live housing is either really awesome or awful. Stay away from Able, Sandoz, and Selleck.

Navie

I just recently went on a tour to UNL and in the first 5 minutes there I felt like I was home. The environment is very friendly and everyone is there to learn. All of the students were very respectful to us students that were touring the school and it made me feel like I belonged there and I am extremely excited to be attending UNL next year. I just got a gut feeling that I belonged there it’s something that I can’t explain I just feel it. I absolutely loved it there and I can’t wait to attend UNL next fall season.

Khalifa

I'm a freshman at the University of Nebraska Lincoln and my opinion of this school is overall positive. This school has a lot to offer. There are over 500 clubs to join and many intramural to participate in. They are very competitive. Also with the Huskers, the whole city is full of fans. On game day the atmosphere is wild.

Connor

University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a great academic college that grows in size every year. The classrooms are friendly and the professors hold office hours to help you when needed. Living on-campus gets you friends and a good extracurricular activities.

Paul

I really enjoyed my time at the University of Nebraska. One of the best things to happen to me while attending there was finding what I was passionate about, which in retrospect is a large part of what the college experience is about. There were tons of opportunities to do things outside of the classroom to increase your interests in certain subjects. I found that outside of the class research groups through an Intelligence analysis education program was best suited for me and my pursuits. The campus is nice, not the nicest buy nice and improving. If you're a business major you're in luck, the new business administration building is beautiful, top of the line. I was also impressed with how many faculty are true researchers themselves and how many are considered experts in their particular field on a certain subject. One of my main critiques of the University was my experience with my academic advisor in the history department. She was unhelpful, rude, condescending and ultimately I did't see an advisor from fall semester of my sophomore year until the 2nd half of my junior year. I had lost trust in the advisor role as a whole, but I found another who was very helpful and kind. I am lucky to of had this person as a mentor. Overall, if I had to place a number score on my experience out of ten. I would say 8/10

Joseph

It's pretty good. The thing is it is a little too expensive for what it's worth. There are too many fees attached to everything and the food is not great. However there are many places to study and do homework and the environment is very good. Overall good experience.

Jordan

It is a very beautiful campus, especially in the warmer months. I've learned a lot here and met so many amazing people. The class sizes are larger for the classes that are needed by most majors, however I've found my class sizes to be pretty manageable for classes that are geared specifically for my major. I love it here, honestly.

Myranda

I have enjoyed my last three years at UNL. I enjoy the school, classes, teachers, and students. There aren't many classes that are very large, most are smaller like you can get at a small university. The teachers are accessible and typically very friendly and willing to help the students.

Benjamin

Overall it is a great school. The campus is very large, and there are a plethora of majors meaning any student can find a fit. The on campus suites are very nice and comfortable to live in. Food is quite good on campus and the Union has many different restaurants to choose from. Every campus has its issues but overall this is a great University.

Kennedy

Be more active and bring more color to the state such as African Americans and even other ethnic groups as well. The school is a great school and is very active on mail work. I got accepted literally within a day of the submit of the school application.

Lindsey

I have loved going here and finding and creating a community around me, but I admit there were areas where I felt we were lacking before encouraging the growth of those aforementioned communities. There are a lot of people working very hard to make the university a better place for underrepresented groups like racial, sexual, gender-identity related, and other minorities, but they are spread thin and trying to do so much with so little.

Brooklyn

Overall, I love it! The people and staff are friendly. I have always dreamed of going there ever since I was a little girl! I just wish that it was not as expensive! The traditional forms are not the nicest, but they work. I love the atmosphere and still really want to go there! Goo Biiiigg Reeeeedd! Go Big Red!

Natalie

I believe UNL is an exceptional school in many facets. The culture of acceptance makes it a University I am proud to claim as my own. The high level of academics sets us apart as well. The fact that it is a Big Ten school is an attribute that attracts people from throughout the country and world, thus expanding diversity on campus. From my experience, the professors are very well educated and have great life experiences to share with students.

Grace

My overall opinion of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is that Lincoln is a great college town. You will get the most out of Lincoln based on what you put into your experience. For example, if you are extremely academically driven, then you will find and be able to pursue that path. On the counter side if you are here to simply get a degree fast and get out, then you will also find that. Campus feels safe and is very beautiful in all seasons. The professors are very reasonable and are here to help you succeed. The social life in Lincoln is also very lively. There are always things going on and game days are a huge part of social life. Greek life is an option, and many do choose to be a part of it, but you can still be extremely sociable and find a great group of friends with or without a fraternity/sorority. The Haymarket is conveniently close and has many great restaurants and things to do on the weekends. Lincoln has lots of in state students attend the university and this means that at times many students will go home on the weekend, which can make for occasional quiet weekends. Overall though, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a great school and allows you to truly explore and develop into the person you desire to be.

Archer

My opinion of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln holds that it is a valued college. It is well developed, well staffed, and the administration really do care about the students. There are time where I feel like I could live on campus forever because I have every resource I need available to me at an instants notice. The amount of activities and guidance on campus is one to be proud of. The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is definitely living up to its expectations as one of the Big Ten schools in The United States.

Karah

Ir is a very amazing place to learn, get involved, and just hang out with family and friends! As a freshman, I feel very safe and I have also met a lot of outstanding people who I can turn to for help! I honestly wouldn't want to be at college anywhere else!

Christine

I am liking the University of Nebraska-Lincoln more than I anticipated. Growing up in Lincoln, Nebraska, I was looking forward to going out of state to experience a new sense of freedom in college. However, after deciding to stay in Lincoln, I found the campus to be a home away from home. An affordable option for students who want to go out of state for college, but want the close-knit feeling of family, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln offers an array of organizations that will undoubtedly make you feel connected with your new community.

Mason

The university has a couple good features which include the brand new college of business building along with a excellent rec center. The on campus living is quite expensive and the off campus stuff is not much better. There is a place called the haymarket which has plenty of promising restaurants and businesses.

Erica

I am currently just a freshman at the University of Nebraska, but I have been here long enough to get a general opinion of campus, the people, faculty, and our culture here. Nebraska has tons of clubs for many different interests here that are a wide range of things from academic to artsy to just plain fun things that have nothing to really do with anything. Sports are huge here and even though our football team isn't the best we get to games very early and the student section is always packed even though quite a few people leave around 3rd quarter. Parties and Greek Life are fairly big here as it seems like lots of people are in Greek life, but that doesn't mean they aren't approachable or anything they just have that group they are associated with. Partying seems to start on Thursday nights and isn't on campus as we are a dry-campus and I always see a fairly large amount of people going to them and know a few people who regularly go out and do so. Academics have more or less emphasis depending on the people you are with, but there are tons of on-campus resources for basically every subject which is great since office hours aren't always something that I can make it to. Overall, the university is a good place and I like it a lot even being from out of state. As a side note, the bus system is easy to navigate and downtown has some stuff to do but it can get slightly old if you have no way of going somewhere further like the mall, but the local coffee shops are so good.

I think it is a very good school. I have been here for 6 months and I have created genuine friendships, a second home. I feel I am on the right path to figuring my life out and I have this school to thank for it. I visited almost every major college in Nebraska, since in state college was really my only option, and I thought long and hard about my decision. Ultimately I knew this was the right place for me.

Goldielocks

Overall, I think University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a good school. You get from it what you put in. However it wasn't the place for me. I didn't flow or ease into the school. That might have also been because I was always busy but I didn't really have much of a lasting experience.

Gracie Alise

University of Nebraska Lincoln is a very friendly and culturally diverse school. Weather you are in selleck, with many foreign exchange students. Or on the field with athletes, or even on Greek row you will find people to care. Everyone puts in a little piece of home and culture into UNL.

Hayley

The campus is always beautiful even when it is covered in a couple feet of snow. At Nebraska, there is nothing that could ever compare to a home game during football season. It is a thrill to see the whole town come alive and everyone there has a common interest at heart, watching our team win. While some professor's office hours are at tricky times, getting up the courage to email them about another time is more than half the battle. If enough time in advance is given, professors are more than willing to set aside time to meet and discuss with you.

Fianna

In my opinion, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a good school academically. There are, however, quite a few problems, which can be expected anywhere. It's hard to feel safe on campus when downtown is right next to it and there are so many homeless people. It's hard to feel safe when rape has happened. It's hard to feel safe when there's a nazi attending this university.

Angel

I think The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a beautiful place with many resources and activities. Their facility is amazing with new and high tech types of equipment. They have multiple gyms for the students to play sports in, a beautiful courtyard, an awesome student center, and the staff are all really nice. They also have different varieties of food and drinks. The professors and student helpers are always available to help throughout the day with any questions. I think this campus has been the most beautiful campus I have seen so far.

Katherine

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is a very safe and friendly campus. The faculty I've met seem to be passionate, empathetic people, and the students know how to balance their academics and social lives. Not only is the campus beautiful, but it's easy to get from place to place quickly. I also love the balance of historical and modern architecture.

Antwine

This college looks very promising and I will be attending this in the future. The campus looks very nice from what I saw and the students are nice. I ate at the cafeteria a few times and I can say that I really liked the food. While touring the campus I saw many frat houses and many activities going on. The people there are very welcoming and I cannot wait to attend there in the future.

Erin

I love the college of business. This campus is shoving opportunity in your face 24-7 whether is social, academic, or professional - OPPORTUNITIES ARE EVERYWHERE. The professors really care (for the most part) and have sparked some passionate dreams of many peers. This is an inspirational college. There is a party scene - especially if you are in a fraternity or sorority. There is quite the divide (from my personal experience) between greek life and non-Greek members but its all a matter of perspective.

Ben

This is a great university, everyone is friendly and respectful. Campus is always active, you can find something to do anywhere anytime as long as you keep up with information boards. The academics are challenging and engaging with every class i have taken so far.

Dylan

The University is one of the best colleges around. There is an interest group for everyone and its not too big, but its not to small. People are nice and polite and has a mix of a nice small town feel but also a big city feel. It has the perfect happy medium in a sense. I would recommend UNL to anyone.